Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-16-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Mayock Comments on 15 Prospects

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootbal...-in-with-mine/

Mayock on Baylor QB Robert Griffin, III: One of the most gifted kids in the last several years. … Maybe the most exciting young player in this year’s draft.

Z-Report Says: Hard to knock much from his Senior year. After an injury earlier in his career, he became a smarter pocket QB. Deep ball accuracy and touch is outstanding while overall character and intelligence are huge plusses. Willingness to continue looking for targets down the field after breaking contain is the same thing that made Cam Newton successful as a rookie.

Mayock on Alabama RB Trent Richardson: I think the last guy where you banged the table this hard was Peterson when he was the 7th pick. Tremendous feet for his size. Really good balance & vision. This kid is tough and he’s a 3-down back.

Z-Report Says: Hard not to love Richardson. What gives him such great value is that he can play from everywhere on the field. He catches passes, he gets tough yards, he can break plays on the perimeter and he’s the most physical back in this draft. With all that said, through no fault of his own, he could slide a little bit in the draft based on how few teams are making RB a priority this year.

d

Mayock on Wisconsin C Peter Konz & OG Kevin Zeitler: both “late one to mid two” round picks. Interior offensive line is strength of draft class.

Z-Report Says: Konz is easily the best center in this draft, but it is still unclear if someone will pull the trigger on him in the first. Zeitler struggled with his pass protection in the Senior Bowl, but his ability to run block will lock him into the second round.

d

Mayock on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill: Big strong athlete with a really good arm. … Lacks anticipation & too often throws into coverage. Tannehill should be a first-round guy. Decision-making issues are fixable, perhaps with more experience.

Z-Report Says: I don’t see Tannehill as a first round talent, but that is generally the case with most QBs these days. All that matters to teams is if you have the physical traits and possibly the “makeup” of a first round QB. Tannehill certainly wasn’t helped by Jeff Fuller’s drops and relative lack of production and the Aggies defense put Tannehill in positions to keep scoring far too often. Tannehill has the feet that would lead you to believe he would be good in a play-action based offense but he was somewhat inconsistent outside of the pocket with his accuracy.

d

Mayock on South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery: Does not separate. What those guys run is important. He needs to run somewhere in those mid 4.5s. Big and fast is good. Big and slow is bad. Bottom line is … he has got to run well.

Z-Report Says: It’s hard, as a fan, not to see some of the highlight reel plays that Jeffery has made in one-on-one situations and not get excited. The problem is that the CBs in the pros are bigger and stronger and have better ball skills than those in college. To succeed, Jeffery has got to be able to get separation and create room to operate. There isn’t a WR in the league who can excel if he can’t get open and that is what Jeffery has to prove to teams – that he can get open with his quickness. Jeffery is big and makes plays, but I just don’t think he’ll have the speed or the “football character” that will allow a team to take him in the first round.

d

Mayock on the top WRs in the draft: Four wide receivers should be drafted in the 1st round: Blackmon, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle, but not Alshon Jeffery or Mohamed Sanu.

Z-Report Says: Not really a surprise on this front. As I said in my mock draft, teams view Rueben Randle as a potential #1 WR and love his size/speed. While he wasn’t as productive as the other potential first rounders, teams realize he had QB issues at LSU he had to deal with as well as an extremely conservative attack compared to the other three wide receivers.

d

Mayock on Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd: Cleaned himself up on and off the field. Exceptional (senior) year. He needs to run well.

Z-Report Says: I love Floyd’s body control and ability to scrap for the ball in mid-air. He uses his size to his advantage and is a vertical threat despite not having great speed. If Floyd runs in the high 4.5 to 4.6 range, it won’t kill his draft stock, but it will knock him back towards the back-end of the first or to the early second.
d

Mayock on Mohamed Sanu: Not sudden, doesn’t have great acceleration. Like Alshon Jeffery, Sanu does not create separation.

Z-Report Says: This is similar to what I was saying last weekend, but I do think Sanu’s top-end speed will be better than Mayock expects. The problem I have with Sanu is that it looks like it takes him a little while to get to top speed, but I think he will run okay at the combine. Sanu is a high-character player with winning traits, but he needs more polish as a WR and he’ll have to prove that he can get separation in the intermediate areas.

d

Mayock on Virginia Tech RB David Wilson: There’s some people who think he could be a 1st-round pick. Really quick, great feet and balance. He’s a downhill, one-cut back with highly impressive feet. I’ve got him as a second-round guy.

Z-Report Says: Very decisive runner who keeps moving ahead. I completely agree on the one-cut assessment, but I don’t think Wilson is limited to that type of scheme like Lamar Miller from Miami might be. Good build in his lower body helps with balance and power.

d

Mayock on USC LT Matt Kalil: “Wonderfully gifted. Great feet, long arms, fits athleticism bill for an All-Pro left tackle.” Lacks “core strength.”

Z-Report Says: To me, Kalil is definitely the 2nd best prospect int his draft based on ability, high ceiling and high floor. He runs with the fluid hips of a big tight end which allows him to get to the second and third levels with ease. While Mayock thinks he lacks core strength, I believe he has enough to still be elite and I really like his punch.

d

Mayock on Stanford OT Jonathan Martin: “Gifted athletically. Needs to get a little bit stronger but will protect the quarterback.”

Z-Report Says: Martin looked really good at times, but then got it handed to him by USC DE Nick Perry during their matchup. While Martin has some of the attributes you like from a left tackle, I’m still a little bit concerned about his usage of hands and ability to matchup against plus athletes at that position. I think Martin shouldn’t go until the late teens to early 20′s but I know he’ll go much earlier than that.

d

Mayock on Ohio State LT Mike Adams: Helped himself at the Senior Bowl. Most people had 2nd-round grades on him but he’s moving up.

Z-Report Says: Adams moves his feet really well during his pass sets, but that foot movement doesn’t always correspond with protection off the edge that you want. When Adams gets his hands on pass rushers, they usually get shut down, but he needs coaching and needs to make sure that he can handle re-direct against inside moves.

d

Mayock on Illinois Defensive End Whitney Mercilus: Fairly gifted kid. Some natural pass-rush ability. Little bit of a 1-yr wonder. Not stout at point of attack.

Z-Report Says: Can rush with hand on the ground or standing up. Great burst off the ball, but is a finesse player right now. Looks like he can add 10 more pounds of muscle to his frame. Still learning the position.

d

Mayock on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly: Best inside linebacker in draft by far. More production than you can ever imagine. Better athlete than ppl think.

Z-Report Says: I’m on an island on this one. Everyone else around the NFL who I’ve spoken with all say the same thing about Kuechly – outstanding instincts and very good LB prospect. I will fully admit that he diagnosis exceptionally quickly and has very good quickness to the ball, but I don’t like the way he struggles with offensive linemen who get up on him on the second level. Kuechly gets bounced around a little more than I like from my inside linebackers and I think a 2-gap system that allows him to run free is easily his best fit.

d

Mayock on Arizona State LB Vontaze Burfict: I’m not a fan at all. I just watched a bunch of his tape the other day. I came away unimpressed. Instincts aren’t good, gets enveloped by big bodies, runs around blocks. I don’t see first round at all.

Z-Report Says: No prayer of Burfict being a first rounder. His tape wasn’t nearly as good this year, but I like how physical he is from sideline to sideline and his willingness to take on blockers at times. Burfict loses his cool easily and if he goes to the wrong team with very little leadership, he could be out of the league quickly despite his potential.

d

Mayock on LSU DT Michael Brockers: Potential top-10 pick. He’s a really explosive 6’5/300 defensive tackle. Concern is he’s a 1-year guy.

Z-Report Says: Brockers is explosive of the snap but more like a physical player more than a penetrator which is why some scouts see him as a 5-technique in a 3-4. Brockers is very raw right now and there is a school of thought that he is only scratching the surface. LSU uses a heavy defensive line rotation and Brockers isn’t always in on pass rushing situations so some teams will worry about his ability to get after the QB.

d

Mayock on North Carolina DE Quinton Coples: I’m not a fan. I’d be scared to death because he did not play well or hard as a senior.

Z-Report Says: While it is not unusual, for whatever reason, for North Carolina football players to get labeled as lackadaisical, it is troubling that Coples was better his Junior year than his Senior year. Still, I see a player with NFL-caliber athleticism and edge traits who can become a very good player if the switch is flipped for him. The ceiling is high for Coples, but the question becomes, “how low is the floor”?

d

Mayock says Memphis NT Dontari Poe: Poe has Haloti Ngata upside. He’s that big & has that kind of movement skills. But he’s so raw it’s scary.

Z-Report Says: I’m liking Poe more and more based on his scheme flexibility. He is a beast in the weight room and will test exceptionally well in that department at combine. Has size that make him a great fit at the nose, but he also fits as a 3-4 DE for teams like the Packers who prefer wide bodies with good feet. Poe’s potential for growth will help his stock. If teams believe he has to come out on 3rd downs, it will hurt it.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Konz is a good pick for anyone after the Steelers and is gone by the first pick of the second to the Colts.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe & Brockers will go a lot higher than anyone initially predicted.
Remember how high Tyson Jackson flew up the boards late in 2009?
More teams than ever, I think, now are playing a 3-4. These 2 guys will benefit the most.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/090...2012-nfl-draft

His positional rankings posted on the 14th if anyone needs a quick reference to how he has everyone stacked up.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love for Poe or Brockers to fall to 27. Doubt it though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's a slight exaggeration to say Poe has Ngata upside. people forget how dominant Ngata was at Oregon. He was double and triple teamed all game long. Poe is a good prospect, I doubt if he's that good. Poe will leave the field on 3rd and long.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been saying a few of these for quite some time. I'm very, very lukewarm on Coples, I don't think he's nearly the player he's advertised to be. Floyd's body control is right up there with the AJ Green's and Larry Fitzgerald's of the world, and he might be as good a blocker as Julio was last year. Kuechly is an animal, no doubt about it in my mind.

I do disagree on several though. I think Jeffery will be fine in the NFL. I love me some Tannehill and RGIII. Im really warming up to Mercilus too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been just so-so on Coples for a while now and I've never been as high on Sanu or Burfict as some people on these forums are.

I would however take Alshon in the first round, a head of Randle.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayock on Baylor QB Robert Griffin, III: One of the most gifted kids in the last several years. … Maybe the most exciting young player in this year’s draft.

QUOTE]I fully agree on RG111 and expect him to get picked in the top 3. I hope Cleveland trades up because Washington will for sure.[/QUOTE)

Mayock on Alabama RB Trent Richardson: I think the last guy where you banged the table this hard was Peterson when he was the 7th pick. Tremendous feet for his size. Really good balance & vision. This kid is tough and he’s a 3-down back.

Quote:
Should be a solid NFL RB and I look for the Jets to trade up similar to what they did to secure Revis.

Mayock on Wisconsin C Peter Konz & OG Kevin Zeitler: both “late one to mid two” round picks. Interior offensive line is strength of draft class.

Quote:
I agree, both of these guys look like round 2 prospects to me.
Z-Report Says: Konz is easily the best center in this draft, but it is still unclear if someone will pull the trigger on him in the first. Zeitler struggled with his pass protection in the Senior Bowl, but his ability to run block will lock him into the second round.

d

Mayock on Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill: Big strong athlete with a really good arm. … Lacks anticipation & too often throws into coverage. Tannehill should be a first-round guy. Decision-making issues are fixable, perhaps with more experience.

Quote:
Tough call, but his injury may well keep him out of round 1. Hard to generate excitment when you cannot perform.

d

Mayock on South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery: Does not separate. What those guys run is important. He needs to run somewhere in those mid 4.5s. Big and fast is good. Big and slow is bad. Bottom line is … he has got to run well.

Quote:
I've been calling Jeffery a 2nd round talent since Scott's first mock and I continue to put him in round 2. Doesn't get seperation and plays out of shape. Has flop written all over him.

Mayock on the top WRs in the draft: Four wide receivers should be drafted in the 1st round: Blackmon, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle, but not Alshon Jeffery or Mohamed Sanu.

Quote:
I fully agree but even Randle will need an excellent Combine to reach that status.
Z-Report Says: Not really a surprise on this front. As I said in my mock draft, teams view Rueben Randle as a potential #1 WR and love his size/speed. While he wasn’t as productive as the other potential first rounders, teams realize he had QB issues at LSU he had to deal with as well as an extremely conservative attack compared to the other three wide receivers.

d

Mayock on Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd: Cleaned himself up on and off the field. Exceptional (senior) year. He needs to run well.

Quote:
All WR's need a solid 40 time to remain in round 1, I fully expect Floyd to be there.

Mayock on Mohamed Sanu: Not sudden, doesn’t have great acceleration. Like Alshon Jeffery, Sanu does not create separation.

Quote:
Looks like a 2nd rounder or lower prior to the Combine.

Mayock on Virginia Tech RB David Wilson: There’s some people who think he could be a 1st-round pick. Really quick, great feet and balance. He’s a downhill, one-cut back with highly impressive feet. I’ve got him as a second-round guy.

Quote:
Should go round 1 if he flashes well at the Combine. Will put the fear of God into DC's.
Mayock on USC LT Matt Kalil: “Wonderfully gifted. Great feet, long arms, fits athleticism bill for an All-Pro left tackle.” Lacks “core strength.”

Quote:
When you play at 295lbs, your core strength is going to get questioned, definitely needs to add weight for the next level and turn it into strength. Top 5 prospect but he will need time to reach his ceiling.
Z-Report Says: To me, Kalil is definitely the 2nd best prospect int his draft based on ability, high ceiling and high floor. He runs with the fluid hips of a big tight end which allows him to get to the second and third levels with ease. While Mayock thinks he lacks core strength, I believe he has enough to still be elite and I really like his punch.

d

Mayock on Stanford OT Jonathan Martin: “Gifted athletically. Needs to get a little bit stronger but will protect the quarterback.”

Quote:
Not a top 10 talent but his feet will get him drafted pretty high because he cfan play LT.

Mayock on Ohio State LT Mike Adams: Helped himself at the Senior Bowl. Most people had 2nd-round grades on him but he’s moving up.

Quote:
Should be a solid LT at the next level. His style reminds me of Solder, the LT taken by NE in round 1 last year.
Z-Report Says: Adams moves his feet really well during his pass sets, but that foot movement doesn’t always correspond with protection off the edge that you want. When Adams gets his hands on pass rushers, they usually get shut down, but he needs coaching and needs to make sure that he can handle re-direct against inside moves.

d

Mayock on Illinois Defensive End Whitney Mercilus: Fairly gifted kid. Some natural pass-rush ability. Little bit of a 1-yr wonder. Not stout at point of attack.

Quote:
Probably a 3-4 OLB because he isn't stout at the LOS. Solid pass rusher.

Mayock on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly: Best inside linebacker in draft by far. More production than you can ever imagine. Better athlete than ppl think.

Quote:
We'll have to see how fast a 40 he runs before getting too excited. Could be a 4.9 type and at best a 2 down player suited only for a 3-4 team. Combine will be crucial to his overall assessment.
Z-Report Says: I’m on an island on this one. Everyone else around the NFL who I’ve spoken with all say the same thing about Kuechly – outstanding instincts and very good LB prospect. I will fully admit that he diagnosis exceptionally quickly and has very good quickness to the ball, but I don’t like the way he struggles with offensive linemen who get up on him on the second level. Kuechly gets bounced around a little more than I like from my inside linebackers and I think a 2-gap system that allows him to run free is easily his best fit.

d

Mayock on Arizona State LB Vontaze Burfict: I’m not a fan at all. I just watched a bunch of his tape the other day. I came away unimpressed. Instincts aren’t good, gets enveloped by big bodies, runs around blocks. I don’t see first round at all.

Quote:
If Mayock is correct, he won't see round 1, however physical types who can add that toughness to a team, often start in the NFL.
Z-Report Says: No prayer of Burfict being a first rounder. His tape wasn’t nearly as good this year, but I like how physical he is from sideline to sideline and his willingness to take on blockers at times. Burfict loses his cool easily and if he goes to the wrong team with very little leadership, he could be out of the league quickly despite his potential.

d

Mayock on LSU DT Michael Brockers: Potential top-10 pick. He’s a really explosive 6’5/300 defensive tackle. Concern is he’s a 1-year guy.

Quote:
Mark me down as a Brockers lover. I see a top 10 prospect with a ton of upside. Whoever drafts this guy will be getting something special.
Z-Report Says: Brockers is explosive of the snap but more like a physical player more than a penetrator which is why some scouts see him as a 5-technique in a 3-4. Brockers is very raw right now and there is a school of thought that he is only scratching the surface. LSU uses a heavy defensive line rotation and Brockers isn’t always in on pass rushing situations so some teams will worry about his ability to get after the QB.

d

Mayock on North Carolina DE Quinton Coples: I’m not a fan. I’d be scared to death because he did not play well or hard as a senior.

Quote:
Not a fan but he could surprise and become special if motivated correctly.
Z-Report Says: While it is not unusual, for whatever reason, for North Carolina football players to get labeled as lackadaisical, it is troubling that Coples was better his Junior year than his Senior year. Still, I see a player with NFL-caliber athleticism and edge traits who can become a very good player if the switch is flipped for him. The ceiling is high for Coples, but the question becomes, “how low is the floor”?

d

Mayock says Memphis NT Dontari Poe: Poe has Haloti Ngata upside. He’s that big & has that kind of movement skills. But he’s so raw it’s scary.

Quote:
Should continue to move up draft boards. Could be special if he dominates at the Combine.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does Konz compare to Nick Mangold and Alex Mack?

From what I have seen he looks like a rock inside and an elite prospect, just not at an elite position.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I, for one, am shocked that he loves Kuechly
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will people still be high on RIchardson if he runs in the mid 4.6s??? It won't affect who he is as a prospect for me because I've seen enough speed/quickness/power from him during games against fast SEC defenses, but I wonder if teams would still be willing to take him top 10??

I still think Alshon Jeffery would be a great pickup for a team like the Bears, Panthers or Rams. He still has some special skills,(attacks the football, is physical downfield and can shield DBs with his body), but I think he's not worth a 1st round pick because I think his straight line speed is poor and he's a risk for getting grossly out of shape once he becomes a pro.

The dropoff from Jeffery's 2010 to 2011 season isn't all on the QB IMO. Alshon simply isn't the same player he was in 2010.

David Wilson reminds me of a young Clinton Portis. Future Steeler???
Old 02-18-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson is a lot faster than Ingram and he ran a 4.6. I believe Richardon is a pretty safe bet to run in 4.4s; I would probably estimate a 4.45 to be on the safe side, but, hey, a 4.39 like Julio Jones would not shock me.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Richardson is a lot faster than Ingram and he ran a 4.6. I believe Richardon is a pretty safe bet to run in 4.4s; I would probably estimate a 4.45 to be on the safe side, but, hey, a 4.39 like Julio Jones would not shock me.
Ray Rice had speed concerns before the Combine as well and he did fine. I wouldn't worry about Richardson. I'd be more interested in his 10-yd, and 20-yd splits, and his 3-cone/shuttle times.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Poe & Brockers will go a lot higher than anyone initially predicted.
Remember how high Tyson Jackson flew up the boards late in 2009?
More teams than ever, I think, now are playing a 3-4. These 2 guys will benefit the most.
I think there are actually less teams that have a base 3-4 now than leading up to the 2009 draft.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Ray Rice had speed concerns before the Combine as well and he did fine. I wouldn't worry about Richardson. I'd be more interested in his 10-yd, and 20-yd splits, and his 3-cone/shuttle times.
The best indicator would be the "how many linebackers **** their pants when looking at Richardson running at them"
Old 02-19-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
How does Konz compare to Nick Mangold and Alex Mack?

From what I have seen he looks like a rock inside and an elite prospect, just not at an elite position.
He isn't an elite prospect at OC. He isn't nearly as quick as either Mangold or Mack and isn't the athlete they were. He is solid as a run blocker and could slip into late round 1 although early round 2 is his likely destination.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Richardson.
Will he be as good as Ray Rice has?

Agree with the guy above who said the Jets should trade up and get him.

They should, and then design their offense around him like the Ravens (SOMETIMES) do with Ray Rice.

The Shonn Green experiment is over.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
He isn't an elite prospect at OC. He isn't nearly as quick as either Mangold or Mack and isn't the athlete they were. He is solid as a run blocker and could slip into late round 1 although early round 2 is his likely destination.
That seems to go against what most analysts are saying.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Konz is behind Mangold and Mack and is valued at the beginning of the 2nd round.

*and scouts inc even has him listed as 45th.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 02-19-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Will he be as good as Ray Rice has?
They're similar but different.

Personally, I think Doug Martin is closer to Ray Rice than Richardson is.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I, for one, am shocked that he loves Kuechly
Why are you shocked? Because he's a great, instinctual football player?
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They're similar but different.

Personally, I think Doug Martin is closer to Ray Rice than Richardson is.
Hmm...yes. Not as a knock on Richardson either. Just that Martin has some Rice in him.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see he's hopping on the Phillip Thomas bandwagon. Big fan of his, wouldn't be shocked if he pushed to be the top FS taken if he interviews well. Really like his on-field but gotta wonder what he did to get suspended for a year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I agree that Konz is behind Mangold and Mack and is valued at the beginning of the 2nd round.

*and scouts inc even has him listed as 45th.
I agree Mangold was a better prospect, but I think Konz will be better than Mack.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote