Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Brooklyn Local 1 and 2 are both very good if they can't get them.
I didn't like the 1 but the 2 was very good. We need more though to compare.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a couple shops that sell Cigar City offerings.....I feel like they may not make it to the midwest/CO/CA.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brooklyn Local 1 and 2 are both very good if they can't get them.
I dont know why I get all the Brooklyn **** in Texas but can't get all the Great Divide stuff.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont know why I get all the Brooklyn **** in Texas but can't get all the Great Divide stuff.
I really want to try the Titan IPA.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all we get is the Yeti stout.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same here. Only have had the Hercules.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-17-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I've had the Yeti stout.....it was on tap (I think, maybe bottle idk) at some beer bar in Manhattan. Good stuff. Never could find the Titan though. I'm sure I could if I searched though.....I'm just lazy and find it hard to justify paying $10+ for a beer considering my current financial situation.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is a good beer I can get in Minnesota or South Dakota? It seems all the **** you guys talk about is available either on the coasts or in Texas.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
titan is so worth it. it makes me sad for all of you that you can't get it on happy hour at like, every bar you'd ever go to.
Asshole mail it to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
i feel like y'all have to have some smaller, independent beer shops that carry more 'imports' from around the country... we have one, and the guy self-selects random beer, but he'll order in bottles or sixers of just about anything and if he likes it, he'll continue to carry it for a while.
I can probably find almost anything, it's just the price point that would likely suck.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i feel like y'all have to have some smaller, independent beer shops that carry more 'imports' from around the country... we have one, and the guy self-selects random beer, but he'll order in bottles or sixers of just about anything and if he likes it, he'll continue to carry it for a while.
We've got some great places here that have great selections. One place has around 500 different beers. It's just that Texas liquor import (including state lines) laws suck and distributors are difficult to break into for whatever reason. Lots of breweries say screw it and don't try getting distributed here.

Here's more on the stupid malt beverage rules

Last edited by JoeJoeBrown : 02-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You could buy it online ... a whopping $26.23 per 6 pack (including shipping.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
No, I live in Texas. Most people think that Shiner is premium beer. Ugh.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No, I live in Texas. Most people think that Shiner is premium beer. Ugh.
You must not live in Austin.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
What is a good beer I can get in Minnesota or South Dakota? It seems all the **** you guys talk about is available either on the coasts or in Texas.
I have heard only good things about Surly in Minnesota. South Dakota probably has nothing I would have heard about.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Go to Wisconsin and get New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red... MMMMMMM
Old 02-18-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty ******* tasty.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post

Pretty ******* tasty.
that **** is delicious

Old 02-19-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Bought a sixer of these Austin beerworks fire eagle ipa's today.

Above average, not great. It's an ipa that you could drink a lot of and would be a good intro to ipa's for beginners as some of the BA reviews suggest.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried this last night

It's Stone Brewing & NOLA Brewing's collaborative beer. It was okay for a porter but had too much of a spice aftertaste for my liking. It left what was akin to a sage aftertaste, which didn't do the beer any favors.

Also tried Warsteiner Dunkel which was an above-average German dunkel with the typical "iron" aftertaste of most Germanic brews and LA 31's Biere Noire, which is a double bock with a light coffee aftertaste. However, the flowery aroma of the bock diminished the subtle coffee flavor which diminished the overall experience of the brew.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 02-19-2012 at 01:19 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Ok, I'm sure that I'm going to get flamed, but I can't really bring myself to say that I really like a Stone beer.

I've had four different Stone beers and while decent, I've never been blown away. I think they are an above average brewer and that's it.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Ok, I'm sure that I'm going to get flamed, but I can't really bring myself to say that I really like a Stone beer.

I've had four different Stone beers and while decent, I've never been blown away. I think they are an above average brewer and that's it.
If you don't like hops, you won't like Stone beers. Period. They overhop everything.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If you don't like hops, you won't like Stone beers. Period. They overhop everything.
I love hops. I'm an IPA freak. But they can't balance a beer for ****.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fortunate to stumble upon this last night:

Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my local shop has some of great divide stuff, most except the titan. i guess i will have to try Hercules for now, but it is 7-8 bucks for a big bottle.

the newish bar near my house will finally be getting ballast point on tap, the sculpin ipa is currently of my favorite atm, but will be the first time drinking it draft, can't wait.