Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 12-24-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah!
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dammit, Tarvaris.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Welp. In pretty good position to land a QB now.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea the #3 or #4 QB. Jones or Tanny. I don't want.

******* Barkley screwed us. It's RG3 or bust for me. Unless there's some way Peyton Manning becomes available.

I'd also rather have Matt Flynn than Jones or Tanny. I need to see more Foles and Lindley also...
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously it's either trade up for RG3 or don't touch a QB until later.

Jones & Tannehill have major red flags for me to even be considering touching them in the 2nd round, let alone the 1st.

Jones for mobility and being super over rated.

Tannehill for being where Locker was as a sophomore and his team's meltdowns in the 4th quarter. Meaning they draft him he's 3-4 years away from starting, not 1-2.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Yea the #3 or #4 QB. Jones or Tanny. I don't want.

******* Barkley screwed us. It's RG3 or bust for me. Unless there's some way Peyton Manning becomes available.

I'd also rather have Matt Flynn than Jones or Tanny. I need to see more Foles and Lindley also...
Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Seriously it's either trade up for RG3 or don't touch a QB until later.

Jones & Tannehill have major red flags for me to even be considering touching them in the 2nd round, let alone the 1st.

Jones for mobility and being super over rated.

Tannehill for being where Locker was as a sophomore and his team's meltdowns in the 4th quarter. Meaning they draft him he's 3-4 years away from starting, not 1-2.
As much as I would love for this happen, I don't think there's any realistic scenario that we end up landing RG3. Looks like another year with T-Jack for us.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I've got to think Seattle's going to be the best-looking landing spot for Flynn. Everything else is in place to be a good team.

Throw-by-throw.

0:01 - No one within 10 yards of Donald Driver.

0:14 - quick hitch to Jordy Nelson, who stiffarms a Lion and runs into the endzone. That was all Jordy.

0:25 - dumps off a screen to Ryan Grant that goes for 80 yards and a TD. All Flynn had to do was not mess it up.

0:42 - good throw to Jordy, but the Lions DB just didn't know where the ball was.

1:06 - another good throw to Nelson.

1:34 - quick throw over the middle to Donald Driver, who scores because the defense is out of position.

2:12 - best throw of the night so far.

2:41 - Finley gets inside, the ball gets out quick, TD.

Fantastic game, obviously, but as good as Flynn looked... the Lions defense looked terrible. The throw at 2:12 is the one that stands out to me. It's hard for me to say I want a guy based on one game, but there's no denying this was a pretty incredible showing.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-03-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^He also played very well against New England on the road last year in his only start.

I wonder how he's looked in preseason/at practices.

I'm also wary of the Andy Reid factor as I suspect Mike McCarthy gets the absolute most out of his QBs - he seems to me to be one of the best offensive coaches of this era and a legitimate guru. They are also an organization that would be very careful not to give up a valuable piece to a conference up-and-comer without getting either a ******** in return or secretly thinking they may "Kolb" us.

I also don't ever remember thinking "NFL QB" when he was at LSU but that was so long ago, he was a different player, in a different system, with a different role entirely, etc.

Those are my reservations but it's hard not to be on board with dealing for/signing this guy based on what he's shown in game situations in conjunction with the fact that we may not have any other options to upgrade the position.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are two things that concern me about Flynn. The first is that it is going to take Kolb type money ($60 mil, $20 mil guaranteed iirc) to even get him to consider. And the second is that he's only started 2 games.

Now if they do sign him and he turns out to be a franchise guy? Great! Worth every penny. But I can't help but wonder how much of it is the scheme at GB and how much is him.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there's anyone who can make an informed decision on Flynn, its probably our FO. If they do sign him, I'll have to trust their judgement.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

What do you guys think of re-signing Marshawn? I love him as a player, but what's your feeling on the front office and what's available in this draft? I'd like to see him on the team next year, but this looks like a really deep running back class to me and I think there's 6-8 guys who could go in the 2nd-3rd rounds and start for teams. I really like Doug Martin. Chris Polk is pretty high on my list, too, and both of those guys can run with some power and do some of the things Marshawn does. Doug Martin in particular can do a little "Beast Mode." He's a player I'd like to see in a Seahawks uniform, but I'm not sure it's enough of a need for it to happen. Although we really don't have much beyond Marshawn, and it might not be a bad idea to pick up a guy to give him breathers. I'd be perfectly alright with taking Doug Martin in the 3rd, but I have a feeling he might not last that long if he does well at the combine and Senior Bowl.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

From the highlights of Martin it looks like he has good speed, good vision, and an ability to make plays in space. He will probably be pushed down draft boards because of the competition he played unless he tests really well at the combine/Senior Bowl (I am assuming he got invited). If he does that I could see him getting picked in the 2nd.

As for Polk. Dude does it all. I never really thought of him as a break away back, but several times this year he just ran away from defenders. He also showed that he is a complete back. The thing that has always amazed me with Polk is how he can run so physical and still avoid taking big shots.

Resigning Lynch is probably priority, but pairing a back similar to him that they could use to lessen the pounding he takes would be great. I mean they already have a scat back in Washington, so I think they should go for one of these bigger more physical backs.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
What do you guys think of re-signing Marshawn? I love him as a player, but what's your feeling on the front office and what's available in this draft? I'd like to see him on the team next year, but this looks like a really deep running back class to me and I think there's 6-8 guys who could go in the 2nd-3rd rounds and start for teams. I really like Doug Martin. Chris Polk is pretty high on my list, too, and both of those guys can run with some power and do some of the things Marshawn does. Doug Martin in particular can do a little "Beast Mode." He's a player I'd like to see in a Seahawks uniform, but I'm not sure it's enough of a need for it to happen. Although we really don't have much beyond Marshawn, and it might not be a bad idea to pick up a guy to give him breathers. I'd be perfectly alright with taking Doug Martin in the 3rd, but I have a feeling he might not last that long if he does well at the combine and Senior Bowl.
We are going to overpay, but there is no way we can let him walk. I just hope he doesn't ask for DeAngelo money.

We have the space to sign him, and as long as it's not a ridiculous contract, I'd be happy to give him a 3-4 year deal. Normally I would be against paying a 25-year old RB with a lot of mileage but what he's done for this team makes it a unique situation. And the fans would riot if we didn't bring him back.

DeAngelo got 5 years for $43 million with 21 guaranteed.

I'm sure Lynch's agent is going to start with that so unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to retain him for that much less. He really was amazing this season.

Maybe 4 years for 30ish? It's a lot, but that would be my guess...
Old 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
martino_cappachino
Rookie

martino_cappachino hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
We are going to overpay, but there is no way we can let him walk. I just hope he doesn't ask for DeAngelo money.

We have the space to sign him, and as long as it's not a ridiculous contract, I'd be happy to give him a 3-4 year deal. Normally I would be against paying a 25-year old RB with a lot of mileage but what he's done for this team makes it a unique situation. And the fans would riot if we didn't bring him back.

DeAngelo got 5 years for $43 million with 21 guaranteed.

I'm sure Lynch's agent is going to start with that so unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to retain him for that much less. He really was amazing this season.

Maybe 4 years for 30ish? It's a lot, but that would be my guess...
I've heard casually from a lady, that supposedly lives in the same apartment complex Marshawn uses when he's in Seattle, that Marshawn 'definitely' wants to stay in Seattle, and resign with the Seahawks. I forget the contract specifics she mentioned casually, but I do remember her saying something along the lines of an $18 million signing bonus... not sure what that would equate to in relation to the rest of the contract. I was just glad to hear he wanted to stay...

... It was funny, after she mentioned the stuff about Marshawn, her friend took her around the corner, and sort of quietly reprimanded her for saying anything...

Last edited by martino_cappachino : 02-02-2012 at 03:39 PM.
martino_cappachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino_cappachino View Post
I've heard casually from a lady, that supposedly lives in the same apartment complex Marshawn uses when he's in Seattle, that Marshawn 'definitely' wants to stay in Seattle, and resign with the Seahawks. I forget the contract specifics she mentioned casually, but I do remember her saying something along the lines of an $18 million signing bonus... not sure what that would equate to in relation to the rest of the contract. I was just glad to hear he wanted to stay...

... It was funny, after she mentioned the stuff about Marshawn, her friend took her around the corner, and sort of quietly reprimanded her for saying anything...
I believe all of that. But I doubt the Seahawks want to pay him DeAngelo money (18 guaranteed). We may actually franchise him (# would be about 8.3 I believe - not terrible).

I wouldn't be adverse to franchising him but I really hope he wouldn't hold out if we did...
Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Man, I would really like to see a Marshawn/Doug Martin backfield.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
martino_cappachino
Rookie

martino_cappachino hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I believe all of that. But I doubt the Seahawks want to pay him DeAngelo money (18 guaranteed). We may actually franchise him (# would be about 8.3 I believe - not terrible).

I wouldn't be adverse to franchising him but I really hope he wouldn't hold out if we did...
True, the Hawks do have a lot of free agents we should think about resigning (18 total free agents.. 5 or 6 I think we should resign), and it's always difficult to calculate exactly how much cap space the team might have. But I would like to resign Red Bryant and Lynch the most. Lynch, because he is the nearest thing the franchise has to a player the average fan can look up to... I.E. face player. Bryant, because it can be difficult to acquire talent on the interior of the line. I'm not opposed to giving Lynch the franchise tag. But for his age, 26 at the start of next season, and given his penchant to produce despite a career of ever-altering o-lines, coaches and teams, I wouldn't mind shelling out a little extra money for a 4-5 year contract 43 million contract. I only support this option though, if we cannot find a more long term answer at QB (not named Peyton Manning). Lynch isn't DeAngelo, but he is younger, and I'd like to see what he can do with another 2 or 3 years on this team.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Read somewhere that the franchise # for RBs is just 7.7 million. If Lynch is willing to take that, it would be great because we wouldn't to worry about a down year after a fat contract... And 7.7 is not bad at all.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Read somewhere that the franchise # for RBs is just 7.7 million. If Lynch is willing to take that, it would be great because we wouldn't to worry about a down year after a fat contract... And 7.7 is not bad at all.
I am looking forward to seeing what that young line can do after a year of offseason working together and getting healthy.