Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-04-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really starting to think that may be our best option, I know getting a 30-34 year old DE isn't the sexy signing, but if they can still double digit sacks I think it's a good signing. And they'll likely come on a 3 year deal with a lower signing bonus rather than signing Mario who will make bank.

From the film I'm not a huge Malik Jackson fan, (will watch more film as draft gets closer) but I'd take a serious look at Cam Johnson in the 2nd or 3rd. Learning from a guy with similiar skills (any of these smaller de's I have listed) would benefit him. I also like Jacquis Smith (missouri), donte' paige-moss (NC). I also really like Bruce Irvin (WV), and Adrain Hamilton (Prairie View A&M, Next Robert Mathis)
mightytitan9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malik Jackson is a sexy hunk. Also, Im a big Jared Crick fan and I just love the thought of him and Karl klug on the field together on 3rd down .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When watching Malik Jackson you just have to take into account that he was playing out of position for most of this past season on the inside. He also wasn't playing with very much talent or experience around him. I think he'd be a great number 2 LE for his first couple of seasons and he could slide inside with Jason Jones on passing downs if need be. I really like his upside long-term.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Crick too, his motor along with Klug would be a great combination. My only concern is that he may not be there round 2 for us because I think a 3-4 team will fall in love with him.

If we could keep Jones and rotate him between DE and DT and sign a guy like Mathis or Abraham while drafting Crick our D-Line would look like this:

DE: Jones, *Crick
DT: Casey, Smith
DT: Klug, Marks
DE: *Mathis, Morgan

I think that'd be a pretty good D-Line, if nothing else on effort alone. Although, I really think we may cut Smith and put that money towards resigning Jones or signing another DE. (Smith has no signing bonus so he can be cut without penalty)
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster says #Titans about $35 million under salary cap

Webster says Kenny Britt recovery going well and could be back by training camp

Webster says front seven on defense and interior of offensive line are priorities, as well as secondary

On Cortland Finnegan, Webster spoke to agent briefly at Sr. Bowl and talks could continue in near future
Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, at least the Titans are talking to Finny, they aren't interested in bringing back Griffin at all (can't really blame them)
Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT @JosinaAnderson: Stanford Routt's agent William Vann McElroy told me, "Stanford already has visits planned with Buffalo and Tennessee."
Old 02-09-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
RT @JosinaAnderson: Stanford Routt's agent William Vann McElroy told me, "Stanford already has visits planned with Buffalo and Tennessee."
Getting Stanford Routt would be awesome, and would definitely soften the blow if we lose Finny.

Also, remember to cite the source, even if it's from Twitter.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
In addition to CB Stanford Routt, Raiders FS Michael Huff, DT Tommy Kelly, DT John Henderson, CB Chris Johnson, and OG Cooper Carlisle are candidates for release.
Routt was simply the canary in the coal mine. New GM Reggie McKenzie made it clear last week that he would make moves to adjust a roster with "out of whack" contracts. Huff ($4 million salary + $4 million bonus), Kelly ($6 million), Henderson ($4 million), and Johnson ($3.5 million) could be on the way out as the Raiders overhaul a defense that set franchise-worst records for TD passes allowed, yards per carry, yards passing and total yards.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Lets get Mike Huff to replace Griffin.

BTw I think Stanford Routt is better than Finny.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

The Titans are now reportedly beginning preliminary discussions with free agent DL Jason Jones on a contract extension.
It's a reversal from the club's attitude over the past month, when all signs pointed to Jones walking after he struggled mightily at defensive end in DL coach Tracy Rocker's scheme. It's not clear if the Titans want him back at tackle or end. The Rams are a logical fit if Jones does make it to the open market.
Source: Titan Insider
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Good news. Personally, I like Finnegan better than Routt, but I think a decision between the two is really just personal opinion. I like Finny's attitude and aggressiveness which gives him the edge.

I like Tommy Kelly too, if he came at a decent price i'd entertain the idea. Jones is a very good player, I think he's better at DT which would really eliminate the need to sign Kelly.

Michael Huff would be a nice addiiton to replace either Griff or Hope, since he can play both positions.

It really all comes down to money though, I'm not wanting to overpay for any of them. But if they come at a fair price, I'm all for it
Old 02-10-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently we've extended Mike Otto and Lavelle Hawkins according to Jim Wyatt.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Mike Otto back was tops on my priority list.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

The Titans are reportedly interested in letting Otto compete for a starting job at Guard
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Velasco> Otto

Quote:
Old 02-18-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd be pretty disappointed if we had to start Velasco or Otto at Guard this season. I'm really like DeCastro, Konz and Zeitler in this draft. I also think Bruce could help Brewster from Ohio State be a very good pro.

A guy like Joe Long might be worth taking in the 7th or signing as a UDFA too
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Reportedly Finny rejected a 4 year 28 million dollar deal last year. Stanford Routt just signed a 3 year 20 million dollar deal. Maybe we could of just signed him instead cause it looks like Finny is not coming back.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Jim Wyatt said Finny already has his home up for sale...
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Keith Bulluck how I miss the. Dude would be in the HOF had he played in NYC his whole career. Dont any of you tell me diffrent!

Quote:
Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have we already released griffin or was did his rookie deal already run it's time? Man at time griffin looked great and then it was time where he almost looked as bad as Lamont Thompson? Ok maybe not that bad lol

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, his contract is expiring. At first it sounded as if they were not at all interested in bringing him back, but with Finny more than likely gone and the safety free agent/draft class being so poor, I wouldn't be surprised to see him franchised.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

It would probably be safe to franchise Griff and then go ahead and try to sign a guy like Branch, Landry, Nelson, Huff if released. Then we can trade / take the tag off Griff.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

The main positive of franchising Griff is just keeping him on a one year contract. That way if the quality of the center fielder type of safeties gets better in free agency and/or the draft, then you can upgrade from him easily. Even though I'm kind of moving away from the old school train of thought that the two safeties should play vastly different roles.

It's just tough to find safeties who can cover well, and play against the run consistently. Eric Berry-types are rare and the overall safety quality in the entire league is extremely low. It might be the worst overall position in the league.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I hate Griffin so much, if we double his salary by franchising him, I will be so mad. IDK who I hate more Amano or Griffin. One is the 2nd or 3rd highest paid center even though he is awful and the other one used to be good but is now scared of contact.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm willing to trade whatever it takes to secure DeCastro in the draft. I'm that sold on him. Put him next to Roos or Stewart and watch the lanes part like the Red Sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote