Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
There is no comparison between the business and engineering programs at Michigan and the ones at Ohio State. Very few, if any, of those 16 business and engineering football players at Ohio State would be admitted into the same programs at Michigan.
not the point. point is they are general studies majors and not a harder major that is comparable to business/engineering at osu. doesn't have to be business or engineering, but c'mon! general studies?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
not the point. point is they are general studies majors and not a harder major that is comparable to business/engineering at osu. doesn't have to be business or engineering, but c'mon! general studies?
Communications?

Again, it's a bunch of college athletes taking easy majors. The point remains that Ohio State's athletes aren't doing anything more impressive than Michigan's. Funny picture for Ohio State to point at, but undoubtedly a stretch.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

again, I think the 24 General Studies majors for Michigan compared to their 2 Engineering, 1 Biology, and 0 Business majors is the point of the sign. Ohio State's major selections is about average. The point is to show recruits these numbers b/c Michigan uses academics as a major selling point in recruiting....and the image is funny b/c the it shows a bit of the heated rivalry at work.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default WOW

So Dantonio's a ***** for saying the gloves are off when it comes to OSU. He made a statement and that's being a *****?

Please go back and read the previous posts. I all ready shot down all of your arguments when it comes to MSU and recruiting of players, with no intelligent response from you. Do you have memory problems?
LET"S REHASH: When MSU went after Dodson he all ready said he was opening up his recruitment, which makes him fair game unlike when OSU started contacting him. And Glen Mason got fired so those commitments to Minnesota are open for recruiting until the recruit says he is staying with Minnesota, which Greg Jones did not do and flipped to MSU. And when MSU went into Taft to recruit Washington the gloves were all ready off from the Pittman scenerio. However, Dantonio did not get fired and Pittman never said he was opening up his recrutment, nor did Dodson when OSU started recruiting him again. How distorted is your common sense when a lean becomes a verbal (Pittman) which he never said. OSU fans just think every player in Ohio is automatically committed to them until OSU says they don't want them. You're trying to justify what Urban Liar did with attacks against other coaches and programs. Then you have nothing of substance to back it up.

First learn how to read and second quit being such an idiot.

I would love to put you in a cage where you couldn't run and have this discussion. People like you have message board muscles and nothing more.

Please don't post at me again unless you can come back with some information that is relivent to this discussion.

So I guess that you really aren't a troll, but instead you truly are a grade A moron.

Dantonio was being a ***** whining about Meyer. The word "*****" is debatable, but the impetus behind using it isn't; he cried like a baby when Meyer flipped Pittman back to OSU.

A commitment isn't a commitment until the player signs on the dotted line. You are debating the difference between "lean" and "verbal commitment". OSU lean vs MSU verbal commitment. In Pittman's own words, he was going to OSU until the Tressel crap hit the fan. To me, that's a commitment.

Regardless, if you had the capability of reading the posts I've made, they include FACTS about Dantonio pursuing kids verbally committed to other schools. Kyle Dodson being one of them. In January. You rationalized away another player, because it was in retaliation to Meyer flipping Pittman. Also, Mr. Jones.

However you want to rationalize it, go ahead. It's bad when Meyer does it, it's good when Dantonio does it.

I should take bear's advice and ignore you, but it's kinda fun to taunt the slow kid on the internet.

Even if no one wins.

What are the odds that Sparty comes back and says that is a portrait of me?[/quote]

Last edited by Spartan4224 : 02-21-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan4224 View Post
Even if no one wins.
Woah, now. There is a clear winner here, and that's anyone who isn't an MSU fan.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Spartan4224
Rookie

Spartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSpartan4224 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Response

Michigan's last Big Ten title was 2004. Sorry not 10 years ago but 8 years ago.

Big Ten Records the last 5 years:
1. MSU 24-8
2. OSU 24-8 (not taking away their forfeited games)
3. PSU 23-9
4. WIS 22-10
5. IOWA 19-13
6. MICH 12-20 (false relevance based on the media)

A Preseason #2 ranking is only important to the media. The final poll is what matters. Look at how many times Michigan was ranked in the top 20 under Dick Rod and look where they finished. It's kind of like recruiting rankings. It makes hard core fans happy and gives the media something to write about but doesn't guarentee your team is going to be good.

My only point was that the media gives Michigan credit that isn't earned, espeically in the Detroit media and they don't deserve respect for being good a decade ago. Sorry 8 years ago.

And yes I may have a little chip on my shoulder when it comes to SCum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Sparty,

You never responded to me in the other thread. We should continue it here. Here was my response to you:
Spartan4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
mriforgot
Rookie

mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Woah, now. There is a clear winner here, and that's anyone who isn't an MSU fan.
mriforgot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan4224 View Post
Michigan's last Big Ten title was 2004. Sorry not 10 years ago but 8 years ago.

Big Ten Records the last 5 years:
1. MSU 24-8
2. OSU 24-8 (not taking away their forfeited games)
3. PSU 23-9
4. WIS 22-10
5. IOWA 19-13
6. MICH 12-20 (false relevance based on the media)

A Preseason #2 ranking is only important to the media. The final poll is what matters. Look at how many times Michigan was ranked in the top 20 under Dick Rod and look where they finished. It's kind of like recruiting rankings. It makes hard core fans happy and gives the media something to write about but doesn't guarentee your team is going to be good.

My only point was that the media gives Michigan credit that isn't earned, espeically in the Detroit media and they don't deserve respect for being good a decade ago. Sorry 8 years ago.

And yes I may have a little chip on my shoulder when it comes to SCum.
First, and again, my point was that during the 2006-2007 season, Michigan was at one point the #2 team in the country and played OSU for the defacto Big Ten Championship, and finished the season ranked in the top 10. I'm sorry, but that is relevancy, and it was 6 years ago.

Second, here are the wins for the top 3 teams in the Big Ten (conference games only) for the past five years:

Ohio State
2011 - 3
2010 - 7
2009 - 7
2008 - 7
2007 - 7
Total - 31

Michigan State
2011 - 7
2010 - 7
2009 - 4
2008 - 6
2007 - 3
Total - 27

Penn State
2011 - 6
2010 - 4
2009 - 6
2008 - 7
2007 - 4
Total - 27

The records you are using are for the last four seasons. If you want to say MSU has the most wins in the last 4 seasons, then you are right. But you made the argument for the last 5 seasons, and then used incorrect data. You may also want to note that the records you chose total 32 games per team, which if it was 5 years, would mean each team played 6.4 conference games a season. That would be your first clue that your stats are off.

But back to, Michigan has been very relevant in the last decade minus the RichRod years. You can even throw in this past season if you want, but I wouldn't considering they finished the season ranked about even with MSU and Wisconsin for top ranked team in the Big Ten and they won a BCS game.

I have no problem with you ragging on Michigan, or even Iowa for that matter. But at least bring correct stats and make the correct arguments. To say Michigan hasn't been relevant in a decade is blatantly false as they were a top 10 team 6 years ago and a top 3 Big Ten team this past season. Irrelevant in the past 5 years? Sure. Irrelevant in the past decade where 6, maybe 7, of the seasons they were a top 3 team in the conference and won 2 conference titles? Hardly.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
again, I think the 24 General Studies majors for Michigan compared to their 2 Engineering, 1 Biology, and 0 Business majors is the point of the sign. Ohio State's major selections is about average. The point is to show recruits these numbers b/c Michigan uses academics as a major selling point in recruiting....and the image is funny b/c the it shows a bit of the heated rivalry at work.
And again, what's the difference between Michigan's 24 General Studies majors and OSU's 24 Communications and Family Resource Management majors? Sure, communication might be a little bit more difficult, but not much. So you're saying that because OSU has 8 engineering and 8 business majors, compared to Michigan's 2 and 0, that means OSU players are smarter/Michigan allows their players to take joke courses?

Does the business category include pre-business for either OSU or Michigan? Because at Iowa before you are admitted to the business school you are a pre-business major, and then once you are admitted you are an accounting, econ, etc. major.

The total number of majors listed are 59 for OSU and 49 for Michigan. That is right around half the kids on scholarship for football. So out of the other 50-60 kids on scholarship, you're telling me that they all have one off majors? Because that's the only way they would make this apparent list of ranking the top majors between the schools. Or are they undecided/open majors?

The whole point is that for the rivalry, this type of thing is great and gets the two sides going. But people need to stop trying to defend this as some sort of accurate listing of majors, or using it as evidence that one school is better/smarter/tougher for football players than the other. I highly doubt that the 5th most popular major for the Michigan football team is engineering with 2 players. If OSU shows these type of "stats" to recruits, then they are probably flat out lying to the kids, or at least misleading them greatly.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
people need to stop trying to defend this as some sort of accurate listing of majors, or using it as evidence that one school is better/smarter/tougher for football players than the other. I highly doubt that the 5th most popular major for the Michigan football team is engineering with 2 players. If OSU shows these type of "stats" to recruits, then they are probably flat out lying to the kids, or at least misleading them greatly.
i never said it was any of those things. it's just funny to point out how easy of a load michigan's football team is taking in the classroom. they are notorious for doing that with their football team. even jim harbaugh says so.

Quote:
If OSU shows these type of "stats" to recruits, then they are probably flat out lying to the kids, or at least misleading them greatly.
yeah, welcome to big time college football recruiting.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
i never said it was any of those things. it's just funny to point out how easy of a load michigan's football team is taking in the classroom. they are notorious for doing that with their football team. even jim harbaugh says so.

yeah, welcome to big time college football recruiting.
Ah, ok well as long as we got that all settled. :)

Also, if I had time to look up Iowa's players, it would probably be hilarious. I had classes with some of the guys, and out of maybe 10-15 over 4 years, maybe 2 were serious students. But then again I only was with them in Gen Ed classes, where no one cares anyway.

My favorite major at Iowa was Interdepartmental Studies. Basically it's all the people who spent 2 years as pre-business majors, didn't get into the business school, so now they are screwed and need a degree without having to go to school for 4 more years.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

my favorite is African American Studies. Seems like every other football player in the SEC has this major. What the heck do you do with that degree?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
mriforgot
Rookie

mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.mriforgot is a cocksman.

Quote:
my favorite is African American Studies. Seems like every other football player in the SEC has this major. What the heck do you do with that degree?
To play devil's advocate (depending on how the courses are structured, etc.), there are many legit historical and sociological reasons to study this. Most serious students who study this sort of thing go to grad school. I'm guessing all the football players don't though.
mriforgot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

it's kinda like being a history or philosophy major to me...unless you are going to law school or going to become a professor it seems like a useless undergrad degree. every time I see a football player with that major i laugh: "why doesn't it just say NFL prep as their major?"
Old 02-21-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's great that The Game is starting to become relevant again, thank you Brady Hoke! I don't really contribute all that much around here but I do love the good natured ribbing that goes on between the intelligent fans on the board. That was my two cents. Go Blue!

ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
I think it's great that The Game is starting to become relevant again, thank you Brady Hoke! I don't really contribute all that much around here but I do love the good natured ribbing that goes on between the intelligent fans on the board. That was my two cents. Go Blue!

This game is about to become irrelevant once again because of Urban Meyer. GO BUCKS!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all I'm a Communication Major. Not the hardest in the world, but it's hat I want to do. I've learnt a good amount in the major and have had fun doing it. But I'm also going for broadcasting and Journalism and at my school that's thrown in with Communication Studies and Philosophy due to budget cuts.

Second, I saw someone ask about Brady Hoke and players. He has made it clear that he won't even accept a recruit who is even questionable to qualify. Aaron Burbridge was reportedly to commit to Michigan with his teammates Devin Funchess and Mario Ojemudia but he was turned away because he's a questionable qualifier. Thomas Rawls in the 2011 class and Dennis Norfleet in the 2012 class were both not taken until very late in the process (and I'm not really sure, but I don't think they were even offered until late in the process) because of grades. Anthony Standifer had his scholarship pulled because his grades were questionable. So grades are a big thing with Brady.

As much respect as I have for Urban Meyer, if Brady Hoke and company can continue to recruit like they have since coming to Michigan, the game will still matter. People remember how Urban hit the ground running at OSU taking advantage of the PSU issues (not an excuse, he would have still made a great class) but Brady filled up our 2012 class pretty early in the process, and the 2013 class is looking really good as well.

As for the sign in OSU, eh it's a way to look Michigan look bad and I'm sure Michigan has something similar. As mentioned, a lot of majors at Michigan you have to apply to be accepted into those schools (business, engineering, ect) so it's not all by choice.

I will say that Rich Rod didn't really do a good job with the questionable recruits. The old AD Martin didn't really step in too much, but during Rod's last recruiting class, Admissions did tell him that a few of the guys he wanted probably would never step foot in Ann Arbor because they had no chance of being accepted. Only Jake Ryan was able to qualify (the big name not to was DeMarr Dorsey)
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Behold, the new choices for the Iowa-Iowa State "Cy-Hawk" rivalry:

For reference, here was the first one they created prior to last year that has been scrapped after being ridiculed nationwide:

I really should have gone into marketing or whatever career you get a job designing stuff like this because apparently it doesn't matter how ****** of a job you do. What a great job to have.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
philiprambo
Rookie

philiprambo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re:

That's great.Best of luck for your match.Perform well and make us proud.
philiprambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
First of all I'm a Communication Major. Not the hardest in the world, but it's hat I want to do. I've learnt a good amount in the major and have had fun doing it. But I'm also going for broadcasting and Journalism and at my school that's thrown in with Communication Studies and Philosophy due to budget cuts.

Second, I saw someone ask about Brady Hoke and players. He has made it clear that he won't even accept a recruit who is even questionable to qualify. Aaron Burbridge was reportedly to commit to Michigan with his teammates Devin Funchess and Mario Ojemudia but he was turned away because he's a questionable qualifier. Thomas Rawls in the 2011 class and Dennis Norfleet in the 2012 class were both not taken until very late in the process (and I'm not really sure, but I don't think they were even offered until late in the process) because of grades. Anthony Standifer had his scholarship pulled because his grades were questionable. So grades are a big thing with Brady.

As much respect as I have for Urban Meyer, if Brady Hoke and company can continue to recruit like they have since coming to Michigan, the game will still matter. People remember how Urban hit the ground running at OSU taking advantage of the PSU issues (not an excuse, he would have still made a great class) but Brady filled up our 2012 class pretty early in the process, and the 2013 class is looking really good as well.

As for the sign in OSU, eh it's a way to look Michigan look bad and I'm sure Michigan has something similar. As mentioned, a lot of majors at Michigan you have to apply to be accepted into those schools (business, engineering, ect) so it's not all by choice.

I will say that Rich Rod didn't really do a good job with the questionable recruits. The old AD Martin didn't really step in too much, but during Rod's last recruiting class, Admissions did tell him that a few of the guys he wanted probably would never step foot in Ann Arbor because they had no chance of being accepted. Only Jake Ryan was able to qualify (the big name not to was DeMarr Dorsey)
yes, the rivalry is definitely getting as heated as ever once again. Hoke/Meyer might field the most talented OSU/UM teams during this next decade that we've seen in decades with the way those two can recruit. Hoke is recruiting better than any Michigan coach since the '90s right now. We all know about how well Urban has recruited and will continue to recruit for Ohio State. Both great proven gameday coaches as well with two amazing coaching staffs. Exciting future for Big Ten football.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Behold, the new choices for the Iowa-Iowa State "Cy-Hawk" rivalry:

For reference, here was the first one they created prior to last year that has been scrapped after being ridiculed nationwide:

I really should have gone into marketing or whatever career you get a job designing stuff like this because apparently it doesn't matter how ****** of a job you do. What a great job to have.
The second one looks like a corn *****.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The second one looks like a corn *****.
Funny you should mention that, because a lot of people are voting for #2 because it looks like a football fornicating with a corn stalk.

It's whatever though, because in 5 years the sponsor will change from Iowa Corn Growers Association to some other company, and they will just redesign the trophy again. You know how most people feel like trophies should have history and not be forced? Ya, not in Iowa.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Buckeyes
Rookie

Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.Buckeyes is a cocksman.

Quote:
yes, the rivalry is definitely getting as heated as ever once again. Hoke/Meyer might field the most talented OSU/UM teams during this next decade that we've seen in decades with the way those two can recruit. Hoke is recruiting better than any Michigan coach since the '90s right now. We all know about how well Urban has recruited and will continue to recruit for Ohio State. Both great proven gameday coaches as well with two amazing coaching staffs. Exciting future for Big Ten football.
During the Big Ten football teleconference last week Brady Hoke was the first coach to speak on the agenda. He couldn't stop talking about the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry, especially regarding the hiring of Urban Meyer. I agree, it is really heating up again. Sometimes I wonder how much those teleconferences are used to push a message for PR purposes though, he was probably looking for a story out of it.

Meyer recently told Joe Schad that they are playing each game this season, "as a bowl game." I can't wait for the third week of November. This season is about to be interesting.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So, we're wearing these vs. Iowa St. this year:

I kinda really want these to be our regular uniforms now. They are pretty sweet.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota is set to hire Norwood Teague as their new AD. He was previously at VCU and will ooooobviously be bringing Shaka Smart with him.

Hopefully he knows that there is always money in the banana stand.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote