Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CAL-I CS-Source represent! I was in the only clan to win CAL-IM twice(that I know of anyway) for CS as well. Countless seasons of CAL-M. I played TFC, Q3, and CS in OGL back before CAL. I miss it. I went to some lan tournaments across Oklahoma and Texas. I actually played against some CAL-I/CPL superstar pug team. Kimbo, Funk, Fatal1ty, and a couple of others.

I agree on Morrowind being terrible as well, I find that whole series is boring as ****. Civ is pretty fun, but I prefer the Total War series. Neither are RTS though, Total War does have RTS combat, but turn-based otherwise.

The Half-Life series is a definite must. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is another great FPS series. If you want a good action-rpg, I highly recommend The Witcher. Mass Effect for the best of both worlds.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oooooh, there's a pretty graphics mod for HL 2. Thanks guys!
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: will running a mod on a Steam game like Half Life 2 work? You'd just install it to a different directory, si?
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh if I can tear myself away from SWTOR from a while, I might be checking out Guild Wars 2. Its looks pretty interesting.

Ive been a fan of this guys game reviews going back to my WOW days.

http://www.youtube.com/akamikeb

Watching the reviews, Its got me interested.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guild Wars 2 does look pretty cool (a friend turned me on to it) and the best part is that there is no subscription fee. Once you buy it you have it forever.. that is a big selling point for me personally.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guild Wars 2 beta sign-ups are going on RIGHT NOW for the next 48 hours only. Sign up now if you want to try it.

I can't sign up because my internet is down and I have to post this from my phone.. so you should all be very grateful that I did that for you!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Guild Wars 2 beta sign-ups are going on RIGHT NOW for the next 48 hours only. Sign up now if you want to try it.

I can't sign up because my internet is down and I have to post this from my phone.. so you should all be very grateful that I did that for you!
I just tried submitting the signup but I got an error message. Anyone else get that?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I read that it's overflowed with beta signups atm, haha. Keep trying, you'll get in.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

They just pick randomly.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tera beta keys are being given away at www.zam.com

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd totes try the **** out of Tera, if Comcast didn't suck balls. My internet has been out for like 2-3 days. :(

Tera doesn't look as good at GW2 but it looks solid-town.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I just tried submitting the signup but I got an error message. Anyone else get that?
I signed up without a problem.

Has anyone heard of a release date for this game?

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There isn't one yet. The beta is "supposed" to start early to mid March. I'm assuming the game will be out by June/July.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I signed up without a problem.

Has anyone heard of a release date for this game?
I finally got it to work also.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Tribes: Ascend open beta is out and it's a lot of fun. They did very well on bringing back Tribes. It's a very refreshing FPS in a time of generic shooters.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I played the Tribes beta a few weeks ago and I liked it but wasn't that impressed. Did they add new maps? I remember there only being a few of them.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tera looks good, but it's a Korean... Giant red flag right there.

I'll probably pick up GW2 for the PvP to supplement SWTOR's lack of decent PvP.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is, like, the perfect blend between Fallout and Resident Evil.

Great, great game. I'm loving it.
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got a 2nd 24" monitor.... Now all I need is a desk big enough for all my crap lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Just got a 2nd 24" monitor.... Now all I need is a desk big enough for all my crap lol.
I used to roll with 2 22's and it was great when I was programming a lot in college. Now that I don't really do anything other then internet and movies, I went with a 27 inch monitor (Samsung LED). I love it.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diablo III announced for May 15th.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bulldogs again
Old 03-15-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Also going back to a single monitor for work is terrible.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Steady Lurkin
Rookie

Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Steady Lurkin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bros....
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-movie-duels
Steady Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Does anyone still play League of Legends?

Oldie but a goodie.