Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-22-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is Brandon Thompson still a top 20 talent?

I watch that video of his and I see a defensive tackle that has the explosiveness to split gaps and also can play the run when he doesn't go upfield. It wasn't too long ago this guy was considered a top 15 pick during the season. What happened to his stock?

Last edited by Nebula : 02-22-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's more of a solid rd 2 player. part of the problem is that Clemson's defense got exploited down the stretch and in the bowl game. He's probably better at run stuffing that pass rush and that hurts his value slightly. He's a good player, probably not a great player.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there are a few reasons why Thompson is now more of an early 2nd round (possible late 1st even) at this point, and not a top 15 pick anymore:

-He has an explosive first step, but he didn't produce much as a pass rusher this year after showing promise as a junior

-There are a ton of DTs who have emerged that could go ahead of him: Brockers, Still, Cox, Poe, Reyes, and possibly Worthy. Very deep DT class this year.

Like I said, he has great first step quickness and is a prototypical 3 technique, but he's not as good at getting to the QB as a guy with his skillset should be. Great motor, explosion, strength, very solid build...if he can get more pressures and tackles behind the LOS he would have been a solid top 20 pick.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was Brandon Thompson ever a top 20 prospect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy should not get near the top 20. He will probably be a role player in the NFL.

He may turn out to be an elite run defender but he has shown virtually nothing against the pass. He reminds me of Broderick Bunkley

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
When was Brandon Thompson ever a top 20 prospect?
before his senior year, many were predicting him to go in the top 20. same with Jerel Worthy. A lot changes over the course of a season. Who knew that Brockers, Still, and Cox would be as top DT prospects for the 2012 draft back then?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always been a huge fan of his. I think going to the Colts in the 2nd would be a great fit for him and the Colts.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
before his senior year, many were predicting him to go in the top 20. same with Jerel Worthy. A lot changes over the course of a season. Who knew that Brockers, Still, and Cox would be as top DT prospects for the 2012 draft back then?
I sure as hell didn't, but I never thought Brandon Thompson was a top 20 player or even a first rounder. He's an average college player who'll be an average NFL player. Or at least, that's the way I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all the other DTs that might hurt Thompson, but he's still a guy that could end up being the 2nd or 3rd ranked player at his position on multiple boards and therefore has the potential to be "the next Tyson Alualu" as we all like to talk about since that draft.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd avoid him just because he plays for Clemson.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never was in my mind, was a possible late 1st at one point but is now a lock to go in the 2nd IMO. Thompson likely will never be a impact rusher inside, but will be able to make a difference against the run and collapsing pocket. The Eagles would be a good fit for Thompson in the 2nd, he could be a NT in their 4-3 and help the run defense.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see him as a solid NT, either in a 3-4 or 4-3. He can play some single gap, but he has the base for two gap.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I see him as a solid NT, either in a 3-4 or 4-3. He can play some single gap, but he has the base for two gap.

J
Very much agree.

I think his stock was going up until about three quarters through the season and then his play dropped off. This is a good DT crop, so I think he's a second rounder.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He offers very little in the way of pass rush so that is of course going to downgrade him. If I remember in one of his interviews he even admitted he needed to work on getting to the QB. He is a stout run defender but it will take development to get him to be a pass rusher and not every team has the time or staff to do that.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
He offers very little in the way of pass rush
At times he'll get penetration with his initial burst off the ball and at times he will get push. So I would say he offers something, but hasn't got a swim or rip move for example.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I've always been a huge fan of his. I think going to the Colts in the 2nd would be a great fit for him and the Colts.
If they traded down to middle of the 2nd then sure I would be fine with the Colts getting him. The 34th spot is a little high for him.

I could see the Colts targeting a DE/OLB with the 34 spot since they could let Freeney go or trade him. Vinny Curry is a possibility there.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
At times he'll get penetration with his initial burst off the ball and at times he will get push. So I would say he offers something, but hasn't got a swim or rip move for example.
IMO pushing the pocket is not the same thing as rushing the passer.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I'd avoid him just because he plays for Clemson.

Holy Jinksees +1

Could you ask for a softer school?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
If they traded down to middle of the 2nd then sure I would be fine with the Colts getting him. The 34th spot is a little high for him.

I could see the Colts targeting a DE/OLB with the 34 spot since they could let Freeney go or trade him. Vinny Curry is a possibility there.
I forgot they're switching to the 3-4. Id take Thompson on my Bears in the 2nd even though we dont really need a NT. He's gonna be good if he goes to a 1 gap team.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote