Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aint gonna happen. just a journalist speculating and trying to cause a bit of a buzz in the offseason. Long had a bit of a down here and played through an injury but he should be back in good health next season.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Da-Phins said. There are concerns over giving Long a big-time extension because of the injury but he's got a huge cap number so it might happen anyway. They'd much rather eat his huge cap number than release/trade him though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah...pretty boring time in the NFL right now. Come on March 13th. Hurry up and get here!

Oh, and apparently Jeff Ireland and Paul Soliai's agent will meet at the combine later this week. I still say it's a 95 percent chance he will end up playing for another team. Love the guy, but its the right thing to do if we want to pay 10+ million for a QB this year.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First piece of good news in a while...we won the coin toss!
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

How would you guys like this? Sign Peyton Manning to a two year deal with plenty of incentives in his 2nd year and then draft Ryan Tannehill with our 8th pick.

Jump for joy and then run across America naked?...I think so....

Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Phins827
Rookie

Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phins827 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
How would you guys like this? Sign Peyton Manning to a two year deal with plenty of incentives in his 2nd year and then draft Ryan Tannehill with our 8th pick.

Jump for joy and then run across America naked?...I think so....
Absolutely. I'm all for that move. But ONLY if we draft Tannehill. Manning is likely done after 2-3 years. We need someone developing behind him, and I think Tannehill has the potential to be a very good QB if he has the time to develop.
Phins827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on board with doubling up on Manning/Tannehill. I'd also be okay with Manning and then someone on day two like Weeden, Osweiler, or Cousins. No matter Manning or Flynn, I think we need to take someone in the first three rounds haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

I dont watch much college football so I dont have much of an opinion on the lower tier guys but I have heard alot of good things about Weeden. Too bad he's already 28 years old. If we did sign Manning and then drafted Weeden, wouldnt like the fact that Weeden would be 30 by the time he becomes a starter.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Weeden fan at all, I don't see what all the fuss is about with him, especially considering his age.

I also think pursuing Manning is a mistake, I don't think this team is set up to win now so getting Peyton is a waste of time. I'll still support him if he's here but I don't think it's wise to go after him when there's still quite a bit of work to do.

I am still hoping beyond all hope that we make a play for RG3 but Ross seems to be acting like a spoiled kid holding a grudge. Apparently we don't want to deal with St. Louis after Fisher chose them over us. If that's true then that is flat out embarassing. Refusing to do business with a team over something as trivial as that when the potential future of our franchise is at stake is juvenile. "I didn't get my way so I'm not talking to you anymore...waah, waah!" I hate this regime.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Really not sounding too good on the Manning front. : (

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Yeah Im starting to doubt it a little bit too but I'm still holding hope. Would really be disappointing if we dont sign Manning. This team NEEDS him way more then the other teams do. Its time to break the Marino curse and start winning.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
I'm not a Weeden fan at all, I don't see what all the fuss is about with him, especially considering his age.

I also think pursuing Manning is a mistake, I don't think this team is set up to win now so getting Peyton is a waste of time. I'll still support him if he's here but I don't think it's wise to go after him when there's still quite a bit of work to do.

I am still hoping beyond all hope that we make a play for RG3 but Ross seems to be acting like a spoiled kid holding a grudge. Apparently we don't want to deal with St. Louis after Fisher chose them over us. If that's true then that is flat out embarassing. Refusing to do business with a team over something as trivial as that when the potential future of our franchise is at stake is juvenile. "I didn't get my way so I'm not talking to you anymore...waah, waah!" I hate this regime.
We were one of the teams who were in serious talks with the Rams before they traded the pick to the Skins according to Peter King so there goes that.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Do you really trust anything Peter King says?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Manning to meet with Philbin and maybe Sherman within the next couple days. Anyone else as giddy as I am that he will meet with those two instead of Ross and Ireland? I think our chances has just increased by 80 percent now.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Manning to meet with Philbin and maybe Sherman within the next couple days. Anyone else as giddy as I am that he will meet with those two instead of Ross and Ireland? I think our chances has just increased by 80 percent now.
hahaha, yea meeting with them is probably better. I'm a little worried that this is going to spill over into free agency. If we put our eggs in the Manning basket, we could lose Flynn and vice versa. I almost wonder if Manning is waiting to see who signs Wayne/Saturday/Clark. Imagine if Denver got Clark, Saturday to Arizona and we got Wayne or something like that. Wouldn't make Manning's choice any easier...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

In other news, OJ Atogwe got released today by the Redskins. Mildly surprising given they just signed him last year to a big contract. He missed time with injuries this year and I don't think he really got a fair shot there. We've expressed interest in him in the past, between him and Nelson, we could find a FS in FA. Also sounds like they realize they need to keep Yeremiah Bell around despite his cap number because there simply isn't an alternative. I like the idea of Atogwe/Nelson at FS, let Jones backup Bell at SS for the season and let him take over as the starter next year. Clemons is an adequate backup at FS IMO.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Manning meet with Philbin and a few other coaches last night for about 6 hours. Philbin reminds people alot of Tony Dungy so hopefully that can work in our advantage.

And also....FA is almost here baby! Cant wait!/Bart Scott voice

Old 03-13-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Thumbs down

Brandon Marshall traded to Chicago for two 3rd rounders?!

Wow! I'm pissed. Our best offensive weapon gone.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Brandon Marshall traded to Chicago for two 3rd rounders?!

Wow! I'm pissed. Our best offensive weapon gone.
Not me. Good riddance. For as talented as he is, he is a losing player. They will find someone to replace him and be better off..

I am more pissed that we traded 2 2's and come back with only 2 3's. Shows just how far his value had dropped.
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Wow, kept posting in the 2011 thread, whoops. I'm alright with the trade honestly. If we get Manning/Wayne now I'm even more than alright. Even if we don't, the compensation was fair IMO and I never really liked B-Marsh anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

I'm speechless. No way did I ever imagine that we would trade Marshall. I will only be alright with it IF it opens the doors for Manning and few others.

I do feel we could've got more then just 2 3rd rounders. Should've gotten atleast a 2nd rounder and a 5th rounder.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Miami media has been saying that something is in the works and to be patient, so we'll see.....

Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

If that something is Laurent Robinson we've got problems. I'm not sure how this trade improves our team or makes us more desireable to Manning. Is he really going to want to sign for a team without a WR1? Not likely. I don't even think Flynn is likely at this point. We might be looking at Tannehill instead, or try to beef up the D with our pick and hope to get one of Barkley, Wilson or Bray next April.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
If that something is Laurent Robinson we've got problems. I'm not sure how this trade improves our team or makes us more desireable to Manning. Is he really going to want to sign for a team without a WR1? Not likely. I don't even think Flynn is likely at this point. We might be looking at Tannehill instead, or try to beef up the D with our pick and hope to get one of Barkley, Wilson or Bray next April.
The Flynn market has been non-existent. Pretty much everyone is reporting Seattle and Cleveland haven't even really talked to him and nobody that has talked to him have talked contract. It should be interesting to see how things play out but I think Manning and Flynn are both very much in play. I don't think Laurent is a number one or anything but if Philbin is looking to employ the GB offense, he's a great fit for what he did up there. Marshall could have fit the offense but his me-first attitude and the way we had to force-feed him the ball last year to keep him happy would not fly with this coaching staff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
You still want Marshall after his latest incident? The guy cant stay out of trouble. I thought the trade was foolish to make but after he had yet another run in and supposedly punch a woman in the face, we dont need that **** here. He's a headcase who will always have problems.

Some FA updates

-We made an offer to Soliai so hopefully we can get the big guy back

-Still talking to Langford about a contract

- We started contract talks with Flynn and he wants to be here. I fully expect him to be our next QB.

- Eric Winston is visiting and his brother is a member of the scout team so that may work in our advantage

- Richard Marshall is visiting today too. Would be a good addition.

Last edited by Da-Phins : 03-14-2012 at 09:50 AM.