Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-23-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SterlingArcher
Rookie

SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.
Default Who Falls

I have noticed over the years that after the combine 4 or 5 guys fall out of the first round. My question is who are those guys. Guys with first round talent that dont test/interview well at the combine/pro days and suffer by sliding into the early to middle of the second round.

Who do you all have falling? And more importantly, why?
SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Taze isn't already a second/third rounder, he will be after the combine. I could also see Jonathan Martin falling to that early second round area too.

ps kickass name sir.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:36 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a few candidates for me

Alshon Jeffrey
Mohammed Sanu

Then guys who still shouldn't be considered first rounders

Vontaze Burfict
Alfonzo Dennard
Brandon Thompson

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:13 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

Think Jeffreys is falling because of rumors that he's fat and slow, which he can put to rest at the combine. He shows up in shape and runs a good 40 and either Houston, New England, or San Fran will pull the trigger on him.
Agree about everyone else mentioned, especially Taze. He may be the drop of the draft.
Two First rounders I see pulling an Aaron Rogers (top ten potential, drafted in the mid to late 20's) are Jonathon Martin and Luke Keuchly. Don't ask me why, just get the feeling they're going to go later than almost everyone has them seeded.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeffery, Glenn, Burfict and Zack Brown are in trouble, Jeffery and Glenn for conditioning and Burfict and Brown because their performance doesn't match their athletic ability. They could all fall out of round 1 into round 2 with little trouble.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SterlingArcher
Rookie

SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
ps kickass name sir.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Flip side to the question, who do you all think are the late risers this year?
SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown will go lower than a guy with his physical skills and production usually goes, b/c he is not the most physical or dedicated player perhaps and he doesn't like to take on blockers.......but it's not like his numbers are ridiculously good at UNC. He produced in college in the tackles, TFLs, sacks, and INTs departments. He might not be a great point of attack linebacker, but in today's NFL game with everything being about defending the pass and getting after QBs, I think Zach Brown's game translates well to the pros. I think he'll get drafted in round two and then be a great outside linebacker in the NFL despite talent evaluators not liking his game as much as his physical skills.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Zach Brown comes out and runs a 4.5 like he's said to be able, I don't think he'll be falling on draft day. If anything, I think he could be the 2nd linebacker off the board after Kuechly (Discounting edge guys, obviously). Wouldn't shock me at all to see him in an Eagles, Lions or Giants uniform after Round 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If Zach Brown comes out and runs a 4.5 like he's said to be able, I don't think he'll be falling on draft day. If anything, I think he could be the 2nd linebacker off the board after Kuechly (Discounting edge guys, obviously). Wouldn't shock me at all to see him in an Eagles, Lions or Giants uniform after Round 1.
I could be wrong but I doubt any of those teams would draft him. He simply isn't physical enough and runs around defenders rather than fighting through a block. These guys like tough guys at LB and Brown simply isn't that guy.
I do agree that some team will fall in love with his speed and probably take him in round 1, but he could prove to be a huge disappointment.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't say he'll fall out of the first, but I think after today's weigh-in, Justin Blackmon may go lower than the current top 5 projection.

Being under 6'1" for a WR isn't usually what gets you drafted top 5.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I won't say he'll fall out of the first, but I think after today's weigh-in, Justin Blackmon may go lower than the current top 5 projection.

Being under 6'1" for a WR isn't usually what gets you drafted top 5.
I wouldn't be shocked if he fell out of the top 10.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really kind of hope that Blackmon does fall. Not that I wish for bad things to happen to him, but it has almost been written in stone that the Rams would like to trade down and still take Blackmon because he is considered the best WR in this draft. But just because a guy is the best at his position in a particular draft doesn't mean he is worthy of a top 5 pick. If his stock falls it would gives the Rams more trading options, especially since the Dolphins won the coin toss and will be picking 8th instead of 9th. If Flynn goes to Seattle, Manning to Arizona and Blackmon's stock falls then there could realistically be a 3-way bidding war for RGIII between Cleveland, Washington and Miami. Cleveland realistically has the best shot due to their draft position and an extra #1, but having another contestant (for lack of a better word) will surely drive the price up considerably. From what I gather, Griffin really wowed them in his press conference today as well.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote