Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-23-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1
Default Oklahoma St. QB Brandon Weeden

If u were a team would u draft weeden possiblly to start? I know he's 28 as a rookie but the kid can play! Plus he looks like Ben roethlisberger lol . I could see him in Dallas backing up romo and eventually taking over as the starter ?
Vendetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm personally a fan of his but his age is a major issue. I think maybe a team falls in love with him and maybe goes as high as the 2nd. The hope is that guy of his age should be mature and be ready to play in a year or 2. Maybe a veteran team with qb issues takes a chance on him. Maybe the Jets pick him up to battle/push Sanchez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'm personally a fan of his but his age is a major issue. I think maybe a team falls in love with him and maybe goes as high as the 2nd. The hope is that guy of his age should be mature and be ready to play in a year or 2. Maybe a veteran team with qb issues takes a chance on him. Maybe the Jets pick him up to battle/push Sanchez.
I think you under rate him a full round. He goes late 1st/early 2nd, possibly on a trade up. Weeden will be a good starting QB in this league. If he gets 3-4 good years instead of 6-7, that is still 3-4 good years. If you look at where 2nd tier QBs have been drafted, and consider that 95% never start successfully, Weeden is a lock for round 2.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Could u imagine him in dallas or Seattle ? Both good fits
Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

And I agree with the jets but they should go Russell Wilson maybe even Brock oswiler
Old 02-23-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta1 View Post
I could see maybe Seattle if they don't make a big move at QB this offseason. Romo is only 31 and just had a pretty damn good year so I really don't see Weeden as an option for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't want him in Seattle where he is questionably any better than Tavarus Jackson. Forget the age, Weeden isnt all that great.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Don't want him in Seattle where he is questionably any better than Tavarus Jackson. Forget the age, Weeden isnt all that great.
He is unquestionably better than TJ at this point in the grading cycle. MUCH better.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
He is unquestionably better than TJ at this point in the grading cycle. MUCH better.

J
But would still be a poor pick, because being "better than Tarvarus" still doesn't mean you should be starting. That second round pick could be used more effectively than on another guy who's going to have to be replaced for the team to be competitive. You don't draft Weeden to be a franchise QB. His age makes that a bad pick. I like the Jets idea better; give Mark Sanchez someone to loom behind him. And take him in the third or fourth.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
But would still be a poor pick, because being "better than Tarvarus" still doesn't mean you should be starting. That second round pick could be used more effectively than on another guy who's going to have to be replaced for the team to be competitive. You don't draft Weeden to be a franchise QB. His age makes that a bad pick. I like the Jets idea better; give Mark Sanchez someone to loom behind him. And take him in the third or fourth.
he is for sure better then TJ i bet you he would bring at least 4 more wins to them tj was so inconsistant and i have no idea why they traded for whitehurst. they need to try to go after a vet (not peyton they have no shot)
Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll either go in the first couple rounds or not get drafted at all, IMO. Personally, I don't know what people see in him, but I read that Shanny is a big fan.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he is for sure better then TJ i bet you he would bring at least 4 more wins to them tj was so inconsistant and i have no idea why they traded for whitehurst. they need to try to go after a vet (not peyton they have no shot)
Sort of changing the subject but you're right about Seattle going for immediate help. I like Matt Flynn. Seattle needs to win now or they're going to get tired of Pete Carroll real quick.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
He'll either go in the first couple rounds or not get drafted at all, IMO. Personally, I don't know what people see in him, but I read that Shanny is a big fan.
Flawless logic.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Sort of changing the subject but you're right about Seattle going for immediate help. I like Matt Flynn. Seattle needs to win now or they're going to get tired of Pete Carroll real quick.
i like matt flynn as well proven he isnt a fluke like kolb or cassell (injury prone)
but i think he would make a perfect fit in Miami with his old OC Philbin its be just like green bay jennings would be marshall. cobb would be bess. they just need a bas ass whiteboy Receiver haha and i might be drawing a blank but miami run game is just like green bay non existent lol
Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Flawless logic.
I didn't attempt to present any sort of logic at any point. I just posted a prediction. A prediction that differs from my previous prediction that he will definitely go undrafted.

My rationale is that, if a team thinks he's a franchise QB, they'll take him in the first couple rounds because that's what you do with a franchise QB.

If not, why draft him at all? He's certainly not a "sit for a few years and develop him" QB -- he's 28 God damn years old. I think it's absurd that any team would draft Weeden, since he's really not that good of a QB in the first place, but I understand that some don't agree.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Quote:
I didn't attempt to present any sort of logic at any point. I just posted a prediction. A prediction that differs from my previous prediction that he will definitely go undrafted.

My rationale is that, if a team thinks he's a franchise QB, they'll take him in the first couple rounds because that's what you do with a franchise QB.

If not, why draft him at all? He's certainly not a "sit for a few years and develop him" QB -- he's 28 God damn years old. I think it's absurd that any team would draft Weeden, since he's really not that good of a QB in the first place, but I understand that some don't agree.
hes alot better then people give him credit for so what hes 28 who the hell cares people in this league play forever especially at his position since the nfl is a qb friendly league . so to say hes not worth drafting with his size and his intangibles get outta here !
Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

I care that he's 28. Other smart people care that he's 28. If he was 22 this would be a completely different discussion. It's like people feel bad for him for being old so they need to rationalize it. The reality is that being 28 is a very, very bad thing for an unproven QB that really isn't that good of a QB prospect to begin with.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him as pretty much the ideal backup. He's going to be one of the best interviews in this draft.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:

Makes sense to me. I dont think he's starter material and taking him in the 3rd, 4th or whatever isnt going to change that. Chris Weinke was sort of in the same boat and he went in the 4th but i wouldnt take him personally.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, there are quite a few reasons that someone could take him with a mid-round pick. As mentioned, teams could view him as a solid backup, which is definitely worth a mid round pick to some teams. Other teams might consider his age to be less important, especially since he has not been put through the physical strain that an NFL player who is 28 would have been put through for the past 6 years. Other teams could see him as a potential starter in a year or two, at which point he would be 29 or 30. Even in three years, he'll be 31. This isn't a running back. Quarterbacks have proven time and again that they can succeed well beyond that age. Even if he sits for three years, (rare) he could still have a 6+ years of starting and performing at a high level. To predict that he will be picked in either round 1-2, or he will go undrafted, is flawed logic. It doesn't matter if you support the point or not.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Quote:
Well, there are quite a few reasons that someone could take him with a mid-round pick. As mentioned, teams could view him as a solid backup, which is definitely worth a mid round pick to some teams. Other teams might consider his age to be less important, especially since he has not been put through the physical strain that an NFL player who is 28 would have been put through for the past 6 years. Other teams could see him as a potential starter in a year or two, at which point he would be 29 or 30. Even in three years, he'll be 31. This isn't a running back. Quarterbacks have proven time and again that they can succeed well beyond that age. Even if he sits for three years, (rare) he could still have a 6+ years of starting and performing at a high level. To predict that he will be picked in either round 1-2, or he will go undrafted, is flawed logic. It doesn't matter if you support the point or not.

i agree ! if he comes in and does well in training camp and grasp the playbook he could very well start by year two .. depending all on the team of course. he has at least 7 years if he picks things up and in the qb friendly league those years might be very productive and mentally hes more ready then half the other qbs in the draft hes prob the 3rd or 4th best qb in this draft .. so chitown dont base everything on age maturity level is a big factor in where u get picked look at vontez burfict his draft stock is falling based on his maturity level to learn the things is takes to be an nfl player
Old 02-24-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd rounder at best.

Being 28, it'll take him 2-3 years to acclimate to the NFL after maybe 1-2 years of being a backup. He'll be passed his physical prime before he's any good. And then you may get 2 years of decent QB play.

Remember when I said this about Danny Watkins last year before the Eagles drafted him in the first. 28 year old people don't belong in the first round.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will actually be 29 by the time that the season starts.

It would be tough to justify drafting him earlier than, say, the 5th as he probably has 2-3 years before he begins to fall off and he probably has little to no upside from where he is at now.

A team that thinks they are a QB away might take him and let him enter a QB competition with the other guys on the team but they would have to think that he has a good chance of winning the job as he really can't afford to spend time on the bench.

Might present back up value in the 6th to 7th as well or even UDFA.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If a guy's best case projection is that he might be a good starting QB when he's 30-31 years old, he's not worth drafting. The ONLY way he's worth drafting is if some team thinks he can be an effective QB right now, in which case, I promise you, they will take him in the first couple rounds.

So again, that's my prediction. If he gets out of round 2, he won't be drafted at all. He might be high on some draft boards, but no team in the mid rounds is going to say to themselves "hmmm....backup QB that's a couple months younger than Charlie Whitehurst or backup QB with a similar skill set that will be the same age as them 6 years from now." If he's already fallen out of the first 2 rounds, no team was that impressed with him in the first place. Once you get to the third, it doesn't make sense to me that any team would be interested. I mean....even teams that take backup QB's in the third round do it with the hope that they eventually develop into something more. Weeden doesn't offer that upside....physically, he pretty much is what he is.

So yes, while it's a little bit of an outside the box prediction, there is actual logic being applied here. And this doesn't even factor in the fact that I have no idea what anyone could possibly see in Weeden as a QB. I mean come on people....watch the Iowa State game for God's sake.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

Or maybe they would say "hmm, we like this guy and graded him as a first round prospect but we didn't take him in the first couple of rounds because of his age. At this point in the draft I am investing much less and my other options aren't as enticing as in the first couple of rounds, so it is worth the risk for a player who I have graded highly at the most important position in football, who, if he figures it out quickly, could bring my franchise at least five good years of top quarterbacking."

Just because someone might think getting another top player in the first or second round is a better investment than Weeden with his age being a factor does not mean that they are going to be sitting there in rounds 5, 6, and 7 and picking players who have much larger inhibitors to success than age.