Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-22-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Even though I'm kind of moving away from the old school train of thought that the two safeties should play vastly different roles.

It's just tough to find safeties who can cover well, and play against the run consistently. Eric Berry-types are rare and the overall safety quality in the entire league is extremely low. It might be the worst overall position in the league.
Early in his career, when Griff still hit, I wanted him moved to SS and to go get a FS. Now that Griff won't hit anymore, that would be a horrible move
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I'm willing to trade whatever it takes to secure DeCastro in the draft. I'm that sold on him. Put him next to Roos or Stewart and watch the lanes part like the Red Sea.
DeCastro would be a solid pick, however I saw an interview with Munch that said the Titans wouldn't take a lineman 1st round because "the first round is for tackles, and we're set there"

I'd look for a couple guys, Kevin Zeitler, Amini Silatolu and Senio Kelemete in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
DeCastro would be a solid pick, however I saw an interview with Munch that said the Titans wouldn't take a lineman 1st round because "the first round is for tackles, and we're set there"

I'd look for a couple guys, Kevin Zeitler, Amini Silatolu and Senio Kelemete in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
Wow, did he really say that? I hope he's just deflecting away the team's intentions because otherwise that is an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

Steve Hutchinson, Logan Mankins, Mike Iupati, Nick Mangold, Maurkice Pouncey, the list goes on of great interior linemen that have been selected in the first round. Granted, it's a rarity that a guard or center prospect warrants a high pick but when they do, they're absolutely worth it. I can't find a single first round interior linemen from the past ten drafts that didn't pan out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Webster said it's a great crop of defensive ends in this year's draft which fits his team's needs." - Jim Wyatt

Am I the only one that disagrees with this? I think it's a fairly crappy year for 4-3 ends in my opinion. I'm kind of hoping the Titans are just sending out smokescreens at this point because so far I'm thinking the opposite of this draft than they are. Pass rushers are poor, and interior o-line is elite and should be considered in the first.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

To me, only DeCastro or Konz should even be considered in the first. At DE, Coples, Perry, Ingram would all be reasonable at pick 20.

I really like Andre Branch and Vinny Curry, but I'm not sure if they hold value at #20.

I doubt DeCastro falls that far IMO, and I really do like Zeitler, and Amini Silatolu alot
Old 02-23-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not really a fan of any of the "top" DEs in this class for various reasons. I'd consider DeCastro, Konz, and even Cordy Glenn in the first round though.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd actually probably prefer to trade down if possible and get a interior lineman or DE.

At 20, the only DE i'd probably take is Coples right now. I'm not a big fan of Perry or Ingram right now because they seem to rely too much on speed
Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT isn't a glaring need, but if Brockers or Poe fell to 20 I'd be on that like donkey kong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'd consider Brockers, not buying the Poe hype
Old 02-25-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

So lately I've been thinking about our second round pick more. I've come to the belief that if we do a good enough job of filling needs in FA and the 1st round, I might actually enjoy us taking a TE in the 2nd round of the draft if it's Fleener, Charles, or Allen. I like 2 TE sets, and I think it would add more to the offense than another wide receiver at this point. If Fleener somehow fell that far I don't think there should even be any hesitation.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we satisfy all other needs, maybe. But i'd put TE pretty far down the list as far as what we need to complete this team. If we are going to improve, there are some things that absolutely have to happen, the biggest one being improving the pass rush. Nick Perry is the guy thats really intriguing to me. It also wouldnt hurt to have another good linebacker at some point.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans will have enough money in FA to go after Carl Nicks. If they could sign him and draft Peter Konz in the draft that offensive line would be one of the best in the NFL.

You could probably still have enough money to sign Rocky McIntosh and Tracy Porter along with other FAs, especially if you cut Weatherspoon and restructure Hasselbeck's deal.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we pick a TE early after signing Craig Stevens to a extension.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I doubt we pick a TE early after signing Craig Stevens to a extension.
Eh, I don't think having Craig Stevens ever decides any personnel moves. Stevens is an ST's/blocking TE, and really, is a glorified Ben Hartsock. We didn't break the bank for him, and considering the rookie would be taking Daniel Graham's roster spot, we'd have three TE's with all three having decent sized roles.

I've been wanting a really good all-around TE for a while now, but since Cook ended the season very strongly, I've softened. But as much as I like Cookie, he probably won't ever bring the blocking aspect to make him all-around elite. And subbing Cook, a primary receiver, for Stevens, a primary blocker, gives our already predictable rushing plays away (We ran off the fullback's side practically every play last year). That's on tape now. I don't care if we somehow add DeCastro, Konz, AND Nicks - If the defense knows it's a run, and they know which side they're running it off of, then CJ will continue to struggle.

At this point, I just want somebody who can do both at a startable level. If all of our needs are filled through FA and the 1st RD (1 elite pass-rusher/2 inside OL's/1 strong safety), then I'd be totally up for drafting Coby Fleener. He's my #1 TE in this draft, and I'm all for giving Locker all the weapons he'd ever need. Two TE sets with CJ in the backfield, Britt on the outside, and Locker's athletic ability would give defenses fits. I think we're looking at a pretty potent offense as it is, assuming we replace Scott with a stud.

But if all of our needs are met, then we'll be going BPA, so there's no telling who'll be available. But then again, Fleener would be an amazing value in the 2nd RD, so that may be a moot point.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think we gave Stevens 4m a year, that's a lot for him IMO.

Needless to say I think we have a lot bigger needs than TE
Old 02-29-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think we gave Stevens 4m a year, that's a lot for him IMO.

Needless to say I think we have a lot bigger needs than TE
Still haven't a clue how his agent swung that. Hopefully it's backloaded like Beyonce.

The FO's move with TE's has always puzzled me. Hated the Craig Stevens pick, and thought a 3rd RD'er for him at the time was a tough bullet. Then sending a future 2nd RD'er to New England for Jared Cook came out of no where, and was just, if I remember right, two drafts after taking Stevens, who hadn't had a real opportunity yet with Scaife and Crumpler ahead of him. Then now, this Stevens re-signing for a guy who hasn't done much to speak of, and may not even be as good of a blocking TE to deserve that much.

I agree that it probably won't happen and other needs are much more pressing, and if we did have all those needs already addressed, going BPA at a position much more important than TE would probably be better, but still, I do think having either a strict receiving TE or strict blocking TE in at a time is extremely detrimental to the offensive gameplan (although good things would come out with both in together, since if you load Stevens's side, you take coverage away from Cook's side, and if you slide coverage to Cook's side, it means better angles for CJ). And if we can solve that, and add a weapon for Locker in the process, then it's a pick well used in my view. But perhaps this extension for Stevens is the coaches' way of saying they expect Stevens to really improve this season and onward.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-29-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Tyvon Branch is gonna be franchised. One less safety on the market for us.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That probably means Mike Huff will be cut, I wouldn't mind him here instead Griffin.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Still haven't a clue how his agent swung that. Hopefully it's backloaded like Beyonce.

The FO's move with TE's has always puzzled me. Hated the Craig Stevens pick, and thought a 3rd RD'er for him at the time was a tough bullet. Then sending a future 2nd RD'er to New England for Jared Cook came out of no where, and was just, if I remember right, two drafts after taking Stevens, who hadn't had a real opportunity yet with Scaife and Crumpler ahead of him. Then now, this Stevens re-signing for a guy who hasn't done much to speak of, and may not even be as good of a blocking TE to deserve that much.

I agree that it probably won't happen and other needs are much more pressing, and if we did have all those needs already addressed, going BPA at a position much more important than TE would probably be better, but still, I do think having either a strict receiving TE or strict blocking TE in at a time is extremely detrimental to the offensive gameplan (although good things would come out with both in together, since if you load Stevens's side, you take coverage away from Cook's side, and if you slide coverage to Cook's side, it means better angles for CJ). And if we can solve that, and add a weapon for Locker in the process, then it's a pick well used in my view. But perhaps this extension for Stevens is the coaches' way of saying they expect Stevens to really improve this season and onward.
I agree the front office makes some questionable TE moves, although I like Cook and think he can develop into a top TE in the league. I think you can get decent blocking and pass catching TE's in FA or relatively late in the draft. I haven't looked much into Stevens' contract, but it just looks like a lot from a production standpoint, even if you figure he's a great blocking TE, on the open market teams don't pay big money for blockings TE's.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
That probably means Mike Huff will be cut, I wouldn't mind him here instead Griffin.
I agree, in the past few years I've really been kind of disappointed in us not taking the initiative to improve our DB in FA. In the past year I wanted Michael Huff, Carlos Rogers and Donte Whitner. All had good years, and outside of Huff, Rogers and Whitner came with a very reasonable price tag.

Huff's 2012 salary is fully guaranteed, but there is a $4m roster bonus due to him on the 16th. So if they keep him they'll be paying him $8m if they cut him they'll be paying him $4m

Some fans have thrown out moving Verner or McCourty to FS, resigning Babs and going out and getting a Cb in FA or the draft. While the draft is deep at CB, I'd rather get a CB that can move to S in the draft, Barron is the only S worth a first but we could get Kirkpatrick and move to FS.

I think moving a college CB to FS would be better than taking one of our proven CBs and moving them. We could move Campbell if needed
Old 03-02-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Take it with a grain of salt because it's Jason La Confora, but he's saying the Titans are mulling between tagging Jason Jones and Finnegan. I would think they'd have to be leaning towards Jones if this is true because he seems less likely to hold out if he got tagged. The only thing is, would he be tagged as an end or a tackle? The Titans would obviously prefer the cheaper option, but then Jones and his agent will probably argue for the more pricey one.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hope you guys are safe and sound as all these tornadoes are hitting. One touched down not too far from me and took out the house of a friend of mine, but thankfully, she and her family are safe. Be careful out there.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got egg sized hail, only lasted about 15 seconds though. Everyone make a post so we know you are okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Shared this in the RDT, but I'll put it here as well...
This was supposedly a couple of minutes down the road from me.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

According to Adam Schefter twitter we are most likely going to tag Mike Griffin :(.