Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-19-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had these tonight with dinner before going to a theater for Walking Dead. What a great night.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's it. i'm taking a few big bottles to la this weekend. i'll leave them in the bushes behind your house. you know the ones.
awesome, i'll leave some bottles of something in it's place.

you still going to that hell hole city of carson?
Old 02-19-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know anything in Carson... long beach and san pedro have to actually do or see or drink

If you do go to compton, go to moms burgers on alondra. Best burgers ever, and the servers are black versions of the soup nazi, sometimes entertaining.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got a sixer of Two Hearted on recommendations from this thread and it did not disappoint. This **** is delicious.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Got a sixer of Two Hearted on recommendations from this thread and it did not disappoint. This **** is delicious.
I still haven't had it and that makes me very sad. I did have a few Dogfish Head 90 minute this weekend though, so that makes me feel better.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+ several brews from the local brewpub.

I'm rather surprised no one has mentioned the Union Jack in this thread

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 02-20-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

went to a newish liquor store, got a sixer of titan for njx <3
Old 02-24-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome beer day kicks off tomm. for me!

9:00am - 10:00am free seminar from the Saratoga Zymurgist.
How to Create a Brewing Recipe
This class is for the home brewer who wants to start creating their own recipe. It will not matter if you are an extract or all-grain brewer. We will learn the steps on recipe formulation. Please bring a pencil, paper, and a calculator.

10:00am - 10:45am
Tour Olde Saratoga Brewery
Saratoga Brewery brews beer for several different brewers on top of brewing their own stuff. Right afterwards the tasting room will open for a sampling of their Imperial Stout.

Saratoga Beer Summit Session 1 - Featured Event
12:30 PM - 4:00 PM

I talked about this before 80 + breweries $2 samples 4 free samples with admission ($10 THANKS GROUPON!) I don't really know what beers are going to be there other than the sneek peeks from the locals.

Then off for samples at the Local

4:15pm - 5:00pm

Ommegang- Aphrodite
Ommegang- Seduction
Belhaven- Wee Heavy
Blue Point- No Apologies
Wandering Star- Mild at Heart
Three Heads- The Kind
Nectar- Nectar IPA
Oskar Blues- Mammas Yella Pils
Victory- Prima Pils
Acme – Acme IPA
Saranac- Caramel Porter
Brooklyn- Brooklyn Blast

are any of these must haves?

Home brewing Seminar from the head brewers of Saratoga Brewery
6:00PM - 9:00 PM
plus they have Heavy Seas - Loose Cannon, SOUTHERN TIER UNEARTHLY OAK AGED IMPERIAL IPA,Victory Yakima Glory, on tap!

Widmer Brothers Food and Flights Pairing

Quote:
Some of the finest beers in the country, Widmer Brothers, are coming together with the outstanding culinary team of the Olde Bryan Inn. Brewmaster Andy Schwartz will be on hand to walk you through the finer points of pairing beer with food.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yum.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 02-26-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rutgers beer. no big deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish they still made that Scotty. I should have bought 10 cases when it first came out last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I wish they still made that Scotty. I should have bought 10 cases when it first came out last year.
idk what the deal is, but at the super bowl my dad's friends (my dad and his friends are all alum) came up with a big bottle of it, said they have it but only in one store so idk what the deal with it is. we need moar of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Beer Day in review.

Started the day with the home brew seminar. It went a bit over my head and they only skimmed the surface but it was still rather cool and got a good idea from the lecturer my next beer.

Then off to the Olde Saratoga Brewery the tour was 5 dollars but the beer was free! WHAT! yes I had The Mendocino imperial stout and imperial IPA as well as a South Hampton IPA that I've not had before were all very nice.

Then off to the main event the Beer Summit.
I had many beers including

South Hampton double white
Stone Ruination
Victory Trippel
Clown Shoes Toxic Sludge Black IPA
Brooklyn Maple Porter
Rogues Brutal IPA
Adirondack Double Hopped Brown Ale
I can't remember the rest :/

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tried a couple new beers recently:

Abita Vanilla Doubledog - Almost tastes like a rootbeer float to me. Very, very good stout with subtle vanilla flavors.

Abita Abbey Ale - Not memorable and struggled to finish it. A little too much clove aftertaste.

Wells' Banana Bread Beer - Initial burst of banana bread flavor with a smooth amber finish. Recommendable.

Newcastle Founders Ale - A strong ale texture with a heavy body without a lingering aftertaste. Nice for a change of pace if you want just one. Not something to drink repeatedly.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

A brewery that sells 3 and only three beers they are concerned about getting the beer right and boy do they get it right.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

A brewery that sells 3 and only three beers they are concerned about getting the beer right and boy do they get it right.
I have been following this beer lately, as I have seen how popular it has gotten on ratebeer and beeradvocate.

Too bad it isn't anywhere near Illinois.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I have been following this beer lately, as I have seen how popular it has gotten on ratebeer and beeradvocate.

Too bad it isn't anywhere near Illinois.
From what I can tell it is only available in Vermont. I live on the other side of the border I never saw it even in my home town.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-09-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone get to try Founders Better Half?

It was so ******* good. So ******* good.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Pretty damn tasty.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-11-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all about Bell's Hopslam.... I have spent $45 on 3 six packs.... and that is on the low end of the price range...
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Just had a Avery maharaja (double ipa) draft, very nice, njx.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the ska 30th anniversary black ipa might be my favorite beer ever for the next week. wow.

How do I get some?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
How do I get some?
Only being seen in Colorado, Missouri, and Illinois (Tap Only) according to ratebeer.com

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'd say save your money The ester smell destroys the hop aromoa.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

I'd say save your money The ester smell destroys the hop aromoa.
Agreed. It's just too much. The 90 min is better and chances are you can get a 4 pack of that for less than the price of one bottle of the 120 min.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote