Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Poe next to Linval would be great. And then stick our DEs around, and we are good to go. In 3rd and long situations we can add another DE, or see what Marvin Austin can do. Poe is a very interesting prospect! I think he would be a damn good fit for our DL.
So how would you suggest the SB champs trade up to get him?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we said before the combine that this guy has ngata-like athletic ability considering his movement skills for his size. Scott always said that he would rise and be a top 15 pick. he is so very raw for his position, but his physical talent for a DT that big is top 5 pick like - it will be interesting to see where he goes. big risk since he is a project that you have to develop out of a chunk of raw clay, but extremely high upside.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes one extremely large, fast, and powerful chunk of raw clay though
Old 02-27-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So how would you suggest the SB champs trade up to get him?
No, I am just coveting out loud, however, I wouldn't advocate trading up. Our DL is fine as it is. We can roll in next season, and still be good. I like this prospect and think he will be a good fit in the middle. But I am very happy with staying put, and see how the draft takes shape. Last year we stayed at our spot, and the teams went for QBs, and prince fell to us. I'd stay at our pick, and go BPA and be very happy with that. There is no need to trade up and lose picks. I am happy staying at 32 and going BPA.

I trust Reese though. If he and marc ross, feels that trading up for anyone is a best thing, I am fine with it, but I don't see Reese trading up.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I am just coveting out loud, however, I wouldn't advocate trading up. Our DL is fine as it is. We can roll in next season, and still be good. I like this prospect and think he will be a good fit in the middle. But I am very happy with staying put, and see how the draft takes shape. Last year we stayed at our spot, and the teams went for QBs, and prince fell to us. I'd stay at our pick, and go BPA and be very happy with that. There is no need to trade up and lose picks. I am happy staying at 32 and going BPA.

I trust Reese though. If he and marc ross, feels that trading up for anyone is a best thing, I am fine with it, but I don't see Reese trading up.
I am struggling with having to accept that the Colts have zero chance to get him. He is exactly the type of player that our new defense needs and I think with our new coaching staff we would have the right guys to develop him. But we could trade away every pick this year and still only hope to trade up to about the 16th pick. I can't imagine giving away multiple picks across two years for him.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am struggling with having to accept that the Colts have zero chance to get him. He is exactly the type of player that our new defense needs and I think with our new coaching staff we would have the right guys to develop him. But we could trade away every pick this year and still only hope to trade up to about the 16th pick. I can't imagine giving away multiple picks across two years for him.
You could get Poe if you really wanted him.. you have the first pick in the draft!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You could get Poe if you really wanted him.. you have the first pick in the draft!
I briefly thought about that but of course that would be insane.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah well you guys earned the first pick, so that will be QB. You can trade back I guess, but you'd be crazy not taking Luck. So, yeah you guys have no shot at Poe, but that's a good problem to have if you need a franchise QB. Think of it this way, you will go from Manning to Luck, and if Luck reached his potential then you have no dark years of finding a QB. Look at Dallas after Aikman left. Finally they found Romo, but before that they went through QBs. Miami is still trying to find their QB since Marino retired.

Take Luck, and use free agency, and the other picks to add to the team.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah well you guys earned the first pick, so that will be QB. You can trade back I guess, but you'd be crazy not taking Luck. So, yeah you guys have no shot at Poe, but that's a good problem to have if you need a franchise QB. Think of it this way, you will go from Manning to Luck, and if Luck reached his potential then you have no dark years of finding a QB. Look at Dallas after Aikman left. Finally they found Romo, but before that they went through QBs. Miami is still trying to find their QB since Marino retired.

Take Luck, and use free agency, and the other picks to add to the team.
Oh no question the Colts will take Luck. It's not even something to hesitate on. I am thrilled about Luck. He is going to be such a stud. I just want real life to be like Madden where I trade old guys away for picks and move up to get every guy in the draft that I want.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-27-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Luck > Poe...potential franchise QB > any position ever really.

But damn, I just caught up on Poe's actual performance numbers at the combine. The only other person that big who can move that fast is Haloti Ngata.

I think we'll be hearing Poe's name called far sooner than anyone expects. Panthers potentially even.

btw, unrelated, but I liked the comment by a Colts person that said something like "Griffin could actually FLY at the combine and the Colts would still take Luck."

Last edited by BeerBaron : 02-27-2012 at 11:34 AM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Yeah, Luck > Poe...potential franchise QB > any position ever really.

But damn, I just caught up on Poe's actual performance numbers at the combine. The only other person that big who can move that fast is Haloti Ngata.

I think we'll be hearing Poe's name called far sooner than anyone expects. Panthers potentially even.
Ngata's 40 was 5.13. He also put up 37 on bench vs. Poe's 44. Poe is in uncharted territory here. I'm not saying he will be as good as Ngata, that will be difficult. But if he isn't it won't be because he's not big, strong, or fast enough.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ngata's 40 was 5.13. He also put up 37 on bench vs. Poe's 44. Poe is in uncharted territory here. I'm not saying he will be as good as Ngata, that will be difficult. But if he isn't it won't be because he's not big, strong, or fast enough.
Ok Mr. Particulars......his actual numbers were better than Ngata's. But Ngata has consistently showed unreal athleticism for his size on the field in the NFL. So he carries the gold standard until Poe displays the same.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His number was adjusted from 4.87 to 4.98. Overrated!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
His number was adjusted from 4.87 to 4.98. Overrated!
Good maybe he'll drop to the 2nd.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Good maybe he'll drop to the 2nd.
More likely he drops to 11 now! \o/

Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
More likely he drops to 11 now! \o/
And by 11 you mean 32? : )

Kill,

Yeah, but real life isn't madden! LOL. You're in a very good situation. When Phil Simms time was done, we went through Danny Kannel, Mike Cherry, Dave Brown before getting Carrie collins. Look at Dallas, with Hutchinson, Henson, and others I forgot. It's a very hard thing to find that franchise QB.

You are fine, in a very good spot, and have nothing to worry about in terms of potential. Now it will come down to developing Luck, and surrounding him with talent. If he busts, then I'd look at the franchise and how they developed him before analyzing him, and his part. So you guys are in a very ideal spot, most teams who need a QB would really love.

For us, I just wait until 32, and see what falls down. We may get a good bargain if someone slides, if not, just hold pat, and take BPA, and move on.