Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Tannehill or Flynn; who would you ride your career on between these 2
Tannehill 23 35.94%
Flynn 41 64.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ryan Tannehill or Matt Flynn

Let's say you're Miami and you choose not to roll the dice on Manning (or Manning is physically unable to play again).

Which of these 2 guys do you ride your career on:
Matt Flynn or Ryan Tannehill?

Keep in mind a head coach can be out of there in 3 years, maybe even 2 if they go badly. Look at the Chiefs and Bucs... both went 10-6 last year, then a year later they're both fired. (Haley and Raheem Morris).

Miami needs a starter right now, not a guy who is going to need 2 years watching & learning.

Also, be real here. I'm trying to gauge the confidence-level people really of on what Tannehill will do at this level, and what they think Flynn will do at this level, not on the Packers with their juggernaut of elite first-round stable WRs.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does Flynn cost me? Tannehill likely costs the eighth pick. The GM business is about "making the best use of your resources" more than anything else.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn is in the Henne, Cassel, Campbell group, which is good enough for backup, but not good enough long term. Tannehill is an unknown, but with Pro Bowl upside. I dont think there is much question.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
What does Flynn cost me? Tannehill likely costs the eighth pick. The GM business is about "making the best use of your resources" more than anything else.
But then Flynn will cost you 10 million and Tannehill about 5 million or whatever the new rookie wage scale numbers would make it.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Flynn is in the Henne, Cassel, Campbell group, which is good enough for backup, but not good enough long term. Tannehill is an unknown, but with Pro Bowl upside. I dont think there is much question.

J
Why is Flynn not good enough for long term? He hasnt had the oppourtunity so we dont know what he's going to do when he gets the chance.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
But then Flynn will cost you 10 million and Tannehill about 5 million or whatever the new rookie wage scale numbers would make it.
I have to know the numbers here before I can make a choice. If Flynn is tagged, it costs me a pick (probably #41 or #72) but I get him for cheaper. If Flynn is a free agent, I have to win a bidding war.

There's too many unknowns here.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great poll. I'd expect this one to be very close. I like Tanny's upside more. He's only been QB for 1.5 years...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B/w one or the other, if I'm the head coach (Philbin) and I'm mildly concerned about my future, I take Flynn, provided the finances fit into my long range picture. He's a far safer bet to be decent-solid than Tannehill, though I really like Ryan. If I'm the GM (Ireland), I take Tannehill and try to sell my owner that my plan is to build an exciting young offense around a strong-armed QB, so give me at least 3-4 years.

That said, I'd rather go Tannehill and a cheap veteran option, say, a Brian Hoyer.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take my gamble on Matt Flynn and it's not even close.
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
B/w one or the other, if I'm the head coach (Philbin) and I'm mildly concerned about my future, I take Flynn, provided the finances fit into my long range picture. He's a far safer bet to be decent-solid than Tannehill, though I really like Ryan. If I'm the GM (Ireland), I take Tannehill and try to sell my owner that my plan is to build an exciting young offense around a strong-armed QB, so give me at least 3-4 years.

That said, I'd rather go Tannehill and a cheap veteran option, say, a Brian Hoyer.
I couldn't agree more.

From our perspective it's so easy to take a cavalier approach and say I'd take this guy because his upside is insane, or I'd give up so many draft picks to get this guy etc.

But if I'm a head coach (particularly a first time head coach) I don't want to hitch my wagon to a guy who I'm not sure on, especially if I'm giving up the 8th pick overall.

Matt Flynn is a guy who has shown he can play in the league (even though it is a small sample size) plus he will also cost less in terms of draft picks. I would find it very hard to turn down taking him plus a potential elite guy at 8.

Bring in Matt Flynn who knows the offense and give him Justin Blackmon who would be a great fit in the system. It is way easier to feel confident about that than Tannehill and, say, Stephen Hill in the second.

With that being said, if I'm the GM who the owner has recently given a vote of confidence to by keeping him while getting rid of the previous coaching staff I am selling a multi year vision. Tannehill's upside is a top 10 QB in the NFL (Flynn isn't). I want to take him at 8, ease him into a starting role and expect to really start challenging in a year or two. I'm telling Stephen Ross this guy isn't going to come in straight away and be like Cam Newton, he isn't going to be like RG3 or Andrew Luck. But with the right development he has the potential to be the best of the bunch.

It will be interesting to watch the dynamic in Miami. If they go Tannehill it will tell you that Philbin isn't the guy making the decisions.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Great poll. I'd expect this one to be very close. I like Tanny's upside more. He's only been QB for 1.5 years...
This could be a what would Seattle do question because it may come down to those two. I might be in the minority but for where the Seahawks defense is right now i think the window is slightly ajar for a Matt Flynn to get them to a Superbowl. Hasselbeck was good enough (and should of won) so why not Flynn.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn isn't as large of an investment and within a year or so you should have a good idea whether or not he is any good while being able to invest picks elsewhere on the offensive side of the ball to help him out (especially if you are a team like Cleveland or Miami.)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Tannehill, but it's close.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Flynn isn't as large of an investment and within a year or so you should have a good idea whether or not he is any good while being able to invest picks elsewhere on the offensive side of the ball to help him out (especially if you are a team like Cleveland or Miami.)
Exactly. I posted a while ago saying that teams interested in Flynn will be evaluating him like a draft prospect. With only two games they will have to go back to his LSU tape and look at the improvement he has made. But he has sat for four years now. He probably isn't going to improve much more. If he doesn't cut it by the end of his first year (especially if he goes to Miami) then he just probably isn't going to cut it. Tannehill has a good few years of development before you know what you have. Now that's both a good thing and a bad thing.

You know if he isn't great after year one that he is still developng, but you are tying yourself down for probably at least 3 years with him.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I only have maybe 2 years, I'll sign Flynn. Is he a franchise QB? Not sure, but he has less of a curve than Tannehill will (as much as I like Tannehill)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Flynn is gonna cost _____ we don't know but we can guess.
Tannehill is gonna go, now, somewhere in the #10-#25 range according to various guesses.

Flynn has never shown that he can last a whole NFL season.
But we all know what he has shown in 2 starts.
In the NFL.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Tannehill is gonna go, now, somewhere in the #10-#25 range according to various guesses.

In the NFL.
Flynn is going to cost at most a second round pick (maybe with a late rounder thrown in). With Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Manning etc there aren't enough teams with huge QB needs that will feel comfortable giving up a first.

There's not a huge difference in taking Flynn who will be 27 and only has two career starts over Brandon Weeden. Flynn obviously has the edge from the fact that he has been in the NFL, he has played in games and has had success. But you can't use the arguement that Weeden will only give you one full contract, and thus isn't worth a first, and not have a similar view of Flynn. The only difference is you're going to be paying Flynn upwards of $8 million a year compared to a lot less for Weeden.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is tannehill really a top 10 pick? he seems late 1st at best. Other guys like Foles, Osweiler and Weeden in the same convo.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

In the NFL.
It is beginning to look like Tannehill goes in the #6-#12 range.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
is tannehill really a top 10 pick? he seems late 1st at best. Other guys like Foles, Osweiler and Weeden in the same convo.
If Washington can't get up for RG3 I could see them taking him at 6. Miami, if they don't get up to 2 or get Manning/Flynn may take him at 8. Seattle probably won't let him get past 12 at the latest.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If Christian Ponder is a top 12 pick, then Ryan Tannehill is a top 12 pick. Neither guy has any business getting picked there except "teams, especially bad teams, need QBs."

(I'm not saying that Ponder and Tannehill are similar prospects, they're not. It's just that they have similar grades for different reasons. Ponder is a guy with limited upside but seemed to be "pro ready", whereas Tannehill is a guy who needs a whole lot of development but his upside is tremendous. Both ought to be "bottom of the first/top of the second" kind of prospects, but they're quarterbacks so they weren't and won't be.)
Old 02-27-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It all depends, with a rookie QB you usually get more time than with a veteran one. I think if i was a new rookie coach I'd go grab a rookie QB and we'd grow together and probably have 3-4 years for sure to prove ourselves (as long as we didn't post any 1-2 win horrible seasons). If I'm a coach that's already been at my current place a year or two and am on the edge and need to win now, I'd go Flynn
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's time to accept he's going to go top-15.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
If Christian Ponder is a top 12 pick, then Ryan Tannehill is a top 12 pick.
I would agree if Tannehill had a great Senior Bowl and all the signature wins that Ponder had. as the Packers scout article points out, look at Tannehill on tape he makes a ton of great plays and a ton of bad plays too. All the A&M coaches got fired. He didn't have the type of career to justify a top 10 pick, with no senior bowl.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would agree if Tannehill had a great Senior Bowl and all the signature wins that Ponder had. as the Packers scout article points out, look at Tannehill on tape he makes a ton of great plays and a ton of bad plays too. All the A&M coaches got fired. He didn't have the type of career to justify a top 10 pick, with no senior bowl.
Not saying Tannehill SHOULD go in the Top 10-15, but he is heads and tails above Osweiler and Foles, and much more upside than Weeden to me.

If a guy is graded as the definite 3rd QB (not saying NFL teams do evaluate him that way, many won't. Some may have Osweiler or Cousins or Weeden or whoever,) and there is a clear separation between him and the next best QB, he may be worth reaching on to make sure you get him.

There was buzz out there after last year that the Redskins traded down and would have taken Ponder in the 1st at their spot. They missed out and suffered a year with Beck/Grossman. If you like the QB, take him where you have to.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 02-27-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote