Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 02-16-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Camp fodder

Some minor adds:

OG C.J. Davis

https://twitter.com/#%21/RavensInsid...09187764158464

WR Jason Hill

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...on-hill/12179/
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Hill might be a nice, under-the-radar addition.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Jason Hill might be a nice, under-the-radar addition.
He's got talent, but he's had problems with dropped passes... hmm, that seems like a rather familiar story.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
blech. not liking all of the 'denver drafts a qb in round 2/3' crap.
Round 2 is the worst, IMO, unless it's a case of lack of need causing someone to slide substantially. Lots of legit starting talent in round 2 at some of the less valued positions (RB, OL, LB, etc).

As far as QB's go, either grab an immediate starter in round 1 or take a flyer on a developmental guy in the mid-late rounds.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
that's where i'm at. anyone we draft, barring the case you mentioned, outside the first is almost by definition, not starting material.
I think the whole "QB completion in TC" is pretty much bogus anyway. Tebow will either be the guy or they will explicitly acquire his replacement in the draft or FA. After the QB mess last year, I think they will avoid any sort of ambiguity in this area.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:24 AM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

sorta' curious if any of you have any 'crushes' that you'd love to see in a broncos uni.

i'm really diggin' some fletcher cox right now, and the more i watch lamar miller, the more i wouldn't mind grabbing him either. it's a shame we used 2 draft picks last year on TEs because i've developed quite the fondness for fleener and allen as well.
Rcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcee View Post
sorta' curious if any of you have any 'crushes' that you'd love to see in a broncos uni.

i'm really diggin' some fletcher cox right now, and the more i watch lamar miller, the more i wouldn't mind grabbing him either. it's a shame we used 2 draft picks last year on TEs because i've developed quite the fondness for fleener and allen as well.
For a reasonable 2 year contract, Jason Campbell would be a great signing and he would give Tim an immediate slap in the ass to get moving. OR he would steal his job, fair and square. May the best quarterback start. Short term, it's a better solve than a late round guy, and we still need to add a second quarterback in the draft.

Would provide excellent value in the 4-5 area, but something tells me he will be gone long before then. Probably my biggest draft crush aside from Chris Polk. If Polk doesn't run well in INDY, he has my endorsement for a round 3 plummet selection.

3. Janoris Jenkins- His hips don't lie. Not concerned with his character issues. I hope that he somehow gets to 25.

4. Mark Barron- Won't fall to #25, but if he did... He'd most likely be the BPA. Without getting into details, I think he's one of the 10 best players in the draft.

Lamar Milller (and I think I've said this a bunch of times...) is another Tatum Bell, at least from what I've seen. He lacks a great change of direction on most plays. This isn't because he's physically incapable of making quick cuts, because he can actually stop on a dime. But because his vision isn't up to par. He will just as soon run into his blocker as he will make a one cut into a hole. Nobody can deny the fact that he has superior speed, but he plays about 5-10 pounds less than he weighs in. He goes down easily on a regular basis. Not a ton of leg drive. I think he needs to be treated like a Lamichael James, somebody who I think packs just as much power as Miller, but far most consistent elusiveness and ability to see the hole. Off to watch some highlights again.

If he puts on 5 pounds before the year and performs well in the positional drills and bench at indy, I wouldn't be incredibly opposed.

Last edited by Jimmy : 02-24-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

forgot about jenkins, he's probably my favorite possibility at 25.

not a lamichael fan. would prefer someone like rainey in the 4th as opposed to james in the 2nd.
Rcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcee View Post
not a lamichael fan. would prefer someone like rainey in the 4th as opposed to james in the 2nd.
I think LaMike would be a good fit as our second RB, but I'd like to see him slide into the 3rd before picking him up. I'd rather see our 2nd rounder used to acquire a starter.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys that won't be there at 25, but should be taken if they are, based on value:

Kirkpatrick, Ingram, Kuechly, Kendall Wright, Devon Still, Cordy Glenn

If any of the following guys are there at #25, I think it's a no brainer as well.

I just really really hope we go BPA. None of these guys could hurt.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default MMQB

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...p_t11_a2<br />

Quote:
I think Denver picks a quarterback in the first two rounds
Hmm. That doesn't make sense to me unless we move Tebow. Even then, we have zero shot at the top 2 guys, so who is going to walk in and take the starter job? Weeden? Cousins? Osweiler? Tannehill has talent but he's a project... and is probably also long gone before we pick.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i would actually vomit. the only qb we should be taking in the first two rounds won't make it past the first pick.
I agree... and I am reminded that Peter King made this same prediction when we ended up taking Tebow. Perhaps he knows something we don't?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
god i hope not. if we take some garbage like osweiler in the first, we'll be back to the #2 overall pick inside of 3 years.
I'm actually warming up to the Osweiler pick if the value is right. However, taking him in the first would be a serious reach. At the same time, it would definitely mean we've shipped Tebow out for picks as there's no way you could justify taking a guy early just to create some competition in TC.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have a feeling that one of either jenkins or kirkpatrick will fall to 25. gilmore's also intriguing, but it's hard to find a whole lot of info on the guy. also, what the ****, vontaze? what could've been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I'm actually warming up to the Osweiler pick if the value is right. However, taking him in the first would be a serious reach. At the same time, it would definitely mean we've shipped Tebow out for picks as there's no way you could justify taking a guy early just to create some competition in TC.
taking osweiler anywhere before day three would be a serious reach, imo.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i would kill to get dre in the first. i wouldn't like his value in the top 15, but at 25? sign me up, especially with a couple of seasons to play under champ. realistically, i like the cbs that i think will be available for us a lot more than the DTs i expect to be available.
Unless there's a big run on DT's, we should have some choice at 25 if we're set on that position. The big potential guys (Poe, Brockers) will be gone, but that leaves plenty - Cox, Worthy, Still, Ta'amu, Thompson. Take your pick. Even better, trade back a bit and still have some choices.

I think defense will be solid at 25 as long as we aren't too picky about position. Offensive options will be a lot weaker - too many teams seem to be looking for playmakers on offense this time around.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i dunno, i don't really do mocks (or pay much attention at this point), but i have a feeling DT will be a hotter commodity, and i'm unconvinced some of those guys would have value at our pick (now, if we could trade back a bit, i'd be all for a guy like still). meh. it's march, i think FA will tell us a lot, pretty quickly.
I think the best approach would be to see if someone with really good value drops to 25, and if not, trade back a bit. We could use an extra 3rd, especially if we're going to burn a pick somewhere on a QB.

Having the Steelers picking right ahead of us is a bit annoying, as they have some very similar needs (OL, DL, CB, ILB). Makes the trade back situation a little more likely.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
i'd be in. i'd be happy to pitch our first for a first next year straight up, but that's mostly because i expect we'll need to draft a real qb next year and would want the ammo to move around if necessary.
Matt Barkley? Landry Jones? Tyler Bray? Aaron Murray?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Talking about the next draft like this isn't exactly inspiring my confidence about the coming season...

Anyway, the thinking is right:

If it is truly Tebow's year to sink or swim, look at drafting a QB early in 2013 if the sinking thing happens.

If you've already written off Tebow behind closed doors, then ship him out now and draft his replacement in 2012. Unfortunately, the talent pool and our draft position are not very favorable to this approach.

Taking a flyer on a guy mid-late in this year's draft is fine either way, as you need someone to groom as a backup (or more than that if you get lucky).
Old 03-01-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone go get Bush.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Someone go get Bush.
Do want. As long as we don't overpay, I think it would be a solid addition. Still think there's a ton of talent at RB in the 2nd-4th round that we need to consider.

Also, what are our feelings regarding going after positions of lesser importance with early picks if they are the BPA?

e.g. wideout and defensive end and safety. If the BPA truly is at one of those lesser needed places, do we take the guy anway? Guys like Vinny Curry, Mohammed Sanu are incredible talents, but likely won't be there at 57. Would we pull the trigger despite a lack of need if they somehow were?

or, what if a guy like Kendall Wright/Mark Barron/Perry fell to 25?

Last edited by Jimmy : 03-02-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

I'm actually terrified that we had some part in a saints type bounty program, and that we'll get found out and lose picks.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I'm actually terrified that we had some part in a saints type bounty program, and that we'll get found out and lose picks.
Maybe, but the link was weak and already severed now that Allen is in Oakland.

I think if the NFL brings the hammer down on the Saints that will be enough to deliver the message. A league-wide witch hunt involving every team touched by Williams and his assistants isn't going to be productive.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Also, what are our feelings regarding going after positions of lesser importance with early picks if they are the BPA?
I'm on board with BPA. We need difference-makers.

However, if that's the case then I think you can rule out QB, WR, TE and RB at 25:

* top 3 QB's will be long gone
* only solid 1st rounders I have at WR are Blackmon and Floyd
* no TE is worth a 1st
* Richardson goes early, Lamar Miller goes to Cincy

So that leaves OL, DL, LB, S, CB as the potential slide positions. We could use help at all these spots so I think we are in pretty good shape.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I'm on board with BPA. We need difference-makers.

However, if that's the case then I think you can rule out QB, WR, TE and RB at 25:

* top 3 QB's will be long gone
* only solid 1st rounders I have at WR are Blackmon and Floyd
* no TE is worth a 1st
* Richardson goes early, Lamar Miller goes to Cincy

So that leaves OL, DL, LB, S, CB as the potential slide positions. We could use help at all these spots so I think we are in pretty good shape.
I'm not sold with this whole Tannehill going in the top 15 thing. Absolutely nothing this kid has done has warranted him as a top 15 pick, although everyone and their mothers generally agree he's a lock in the 1st. Dare I say, NJX, that Tannehill has a slight leg up on Gabbert as a prospect. In any event, If KC, Seattle and Arizona pass up on him, he would technically be passed up until the second round, unless we took him or someone traded up for him. If he take him, I will cry blood.

Lamar Miller isn't that good anyway, perhaps for the best.

Anyway, at this point my favorite is Cordy Glenn / Mark Barron .
Old 03-03-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sold with this whole Tannehill going in the top 15 thing. Absolutely nothing this kid has done has warranted him as a top 15 pick, although everyone and their mothers generally agree he's a lock in the 1st.
Yeah, he hasn't done much but his potential is the draw. I think he's gone by the teens. If he starts to slide I can see someone trading in to grab him. If he makes it to 25 the Broncos will probably do something stupid and my brain will explode.

Quote:
Lamar Miller isn't that good anyway, perhaps for the best.
He's a speed back. He'll be overdrafted because of it. I'd happily take him with our 2nd rounder, but that won't be an option. Doesn't really matter because there will be plenty of good options for offensive skill guys in round 2.

Quote:
Anyway, at this point my favorite is Cordy Glenn / Mark Barron .
I think those are both pretty good guesses. Even with the new rookie contracts, the positional value will still discourage teams from taking interior OL or SS early. Barron fits the description well (tough, smart, team leader, good tackler) but as njx said, can we justify burning yet another early pick on a safety?