Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: Tannehill or Flynn; who would you ride your career on between these 2
Tannehill 23 35.94%
Flynn 41 64.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really wish Tannehill could've done a full workout at the combine, though. Guess we all just have to wait for March 29th. I imagine he'll have a really impressive Pro Day.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Not saying Tannehill SHOULD go in the Top 10-15, but he is heads and tails above Osweiler and Foles
just to play devils advocate why is Tannehill _so_ much better than Foles or Osweiler?

I guess im just late to the party on this one.

Tannehill yes a nice player with the potential to be a 1st rounder (maybe even a high 1st) if everything broke right... but nothing has gone well for him this offseason. everything has gone poorly for him, but his stock keeps rising?

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn isn't going to come cheap, if Green Bay signs and then trades him, his contract could be very expensive for at least 3 years and he will cost a 1st rounder. Generally, these type of QB's don't turnout to be stars, see Cassel and Kolb, so there is a huge risk involved.
Tannehill isn't a sure thing either, but his contract will be cheaper and his upside could be potentially higher.
It is a very tough call although Philbin should have a very good idea of how good Flynn can be, so if Miami pursues him, the price could go up and he becomes the better choice. If Miami doesn't pursue him, then Tannehill is likely the better pick.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tannehill has a far better arm comparing how they were in college and drafting time for teach of them. I would argue the upside of both is uncertain, but I think if Sherman says to miami that Tannehill is the guy to go for then snag him. He has the potential to be great. Plus miami has not drafted a 1st round QB in how many decades?
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Wrathman
Rookie

Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wrathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's looking less likely that the Packers franchise Flynn every day and considering Philbin being in town, I think the best short-term play for Miami is to go get Flynn, trade down into the middle of the first round if they can and then grab Wright or Floyd there.

Long term, I prefer Tannehill by a bit while realizing he is also on the higher risk side of the equation, but not as much as some think considering Flynn's very limited resume.
Wrathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess, and hope, is that there's almost a wink deal between Miami and Green Bay, along with Philbin, that Flynn follows him there.

People may not remember (Dallas fans do maybe), but in Rodgers 3rd year sitting, he had one chance to play and he almost bailed out a crappy Favre hole-dig and he looked good. That was the fans first positive sign, but the coaches knew he had "it" already.

Fans just saw Flynn last year in his 3rd year, and he looked very good on the road in primetime at New England. Then this year his 4th year, he looked even better (record-setting) in his one chance. But coaches knew what he could do (not expecting 6 TDs and 400+ yards), as they had seen him look good and improve in practice behind the scenes.

Philbin is THE main coach who witnessed this, and had a big hand in it.

It seems to obvious to me that Flynn will be joining Philbin. Put yourself in Philbin's shoes.... your system, new QB coming in, what could be better than the guy who you coached up like that the past 4 years?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I draft Tannehill at #8. Sign Peyton Manning with the confidence (hope) he gets back to 100%. *fans & owner applaud the effort-buys me an extra year*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
My guess, and hope, is that there's almost a wink deal between Miami and Green Bay, along with Philbin, that Flynn follows him there.

People may not remember (Dallas fans do maybe), but in Rodgers 3rd year sitting, he had one chance to play and he almost bailed out a crappy Favre hole-dig and he looked good. That was the fans first positive sign, but the coaches knew he had "it" already.

Fans just saw Flynn last year in his 3rd year, and he looked very good on the road in primetime at New England. Then this year his 4th year, he looked even better (record-setting) in his one chance. But coaches knew what he could do (not expecting 6 TDs and 400+ yards), as they had seen him look good and improve in practice behind the scenes.

Philbin is THE main coach who witnessed this, and had a big hand in it.

It seems to obvious to me that Flynn will be joining Philbin. Put yourself in Philbin's shoes.... your system, new QB coming in, what could be better than the guy who you coached up like that the past 4 years?
What are you basing this on? Isn't it just as possible a scenario that Philbin, having coached him up, knows Flynn is not a franchise QB type to receive a long term contract and so instead goes for the guy with higher upside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
What are you basing this on? Isn't it just as possible a scenario that Philbin, having coached him up, knows Flynn is not a franchise QB type to receive a long term contract and so instead goes for the guy with higher upside?
Sure, but I think the game-film that he put out there should give you some insight into the confidence Philbin has in Flynn.

Did you not watch either the game at NE last year or the game vs Detroit this year?

People say those are bad defenses. They're a lot better than Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Mizzou, etc.

Flynn's film is from NFL regular season games, both of them with some playoff-significance and both outdoors in cold weather.

Why would Philbin not be impressed by that?
Why does Tannehill have a higher "upside" than what Flynn has?
Age, heighth, fastball MPH?

What is "upside"?
What was Brady's when he was drafted?
What was Brees "upside, or ceiling" when San Diego let him go, and when Miami went with Culpepper instead of Brees"?
THe 49ers took Alex Smith over Rodgers in 2005 and they felt that Smith's athletic ability and bigger size made him have the higher upside.

Someone define upside or ceiling to me.

I heard last year this time that Blaine Gabbert had a very high ceiling.
I heard that about Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell.

This "ceiling/upside" stuff cracks me up.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pete Carroll likes bringing in lots of new (veteran) players, so I expect he's going to make a serious push for Flynn leading up to the draft. Or at least, he's going to seriously evaluating the possibility. You never know what coaching staffs really think about a given player. I'm not sure Flynn's the greatest fit for our offense, though. Or maybe I should say, instead; I actually think the offense Tannehill ran last year at A&M might be more similar to the Seahawks' than Green Bay's. I'm not necessary trying to knock Matt Flynn (or Aaron Rodgers) but the Packers offense is loaded. They have, besides their MVP quarterback, a line that's good enough to compete with the best defenses, competent running backs, a franchise-caliber tight end, two no. 2 receivers and two no. 1 receivers. That's a lot for any defense to handle, and it makes the quarterback's job a hell of a lot easier, whoever he is. So that's the grain of salt I have in mind when thinking about Matt Flynn.

But perhaps think of this - Pete Carroll is, if I recall, the second-oldest coach in the NFL. You've got to think drafting and developing your own quarterback is what every head coach always wants to do, and Carroll never has. Tannehill could end up being "his guy." Maybe he goes for a little bit of a gamble for the sake of his legacy.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or - just stick with Matt Moore!!
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are everyones thoughts on the possibility of the Browns taking Tannehill at 4 if the Skins move up to 2 for RG3? There seems like no way to me that Tannehill at this point will be available with the Browns second 1st round pick. They don't need to start him right away with Colt and Tannehill did play for former Mike Holmgren protege Mike Sherman in college.

Last edited by DiG : 02-28-2012 at 11:21 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

Vendetta1 Vendetta1 Vendetta1

If I'm the dolphins I do whatever I have to to get RG3 point bank period!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

If the browns want tanenhill they better trade down that number 4 pick is WAY to high for him! Not worth it! You trade down to someone that wants Trent Richardson and get more picks to help build around tanenhill mayb an orson Charles or Stanford TE or Ingram from sc on the dline but 4 is way to
High for tanenhill
Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta1 View Post
If the browns want tanenhill they better trade down that number 4 pick is WAY to high for him! Not worth it! You trade down to someone that wants Trent Richardson and get more picks to help build around tanenhill mayb an orson Charles or Stanford TE or Ingram from sc on the dline but 4 is way to
High for tanenhill
Teams in the top 10 are going to have a hard enough time justifying spending that high a pick on a RB let alone spending the 4th overall pick on him and giving up other high picks in a trade.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill every time, but I'm an upside kind of guy and a Tannehill fan.

Flynn is an interesting scenario. Is he Matt Schaub or Kevin Kolb? Either way, I think the Packers ultimately franchise him and move him for an asset, what I'm assuming will be some sort of package including a 2nd round pick. So for arguments sake, let's say Flynn costs you the 40th overall pick, and Tannehill the 12th. I think those are fair assumptions, on some level. Tannehill is a higher perceived upside and will cost much less, salary wise, for the next several years. I'm taking the big, rocket armed, extremely mobile QB at 12, spending my 2nd rounder on one of the many, many receivers in this class worthy of that selection and hoping for the chance to develop him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tannehill is extremely mediocre, so in no way would I stake my career on him. Maybe he blossoms later, but the dude completely underwhelmed me in college.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be a typical retardo Browns move to draft Tannehill at 22.

He is going to suck.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Teams in the top 10 are going to have a hard enough time justifying spending that high a pick on a RB let alone spending the 4th overall pick on him and giving up other high picks in a trade.
Thats what I am thinking. Trade down where? They would have to stay in front of the Chiefs and Seattle probably at 11 and 12. With the rookie salary scales now you arent nearly as concerned having to pay a "top 5" pick like you used to. I just don't see anyone from 7 to 10 moving up to 4 for any reason which leaves Cleveland stuck at 4 and we saw last year that teams are taking potential franchise signal callers earlier than their perceived value.

Last edited by DiG : 02-28-2012 at 12:11 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Vendetta1
Rookie

if im the browns i give colt one more season and if they have a crappy season o well they have a ride to matt barkley! Franchise saver!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I think Tannehill is extremely mediocre, so in no way would I stake my career on him. Maybe he blossoms later, but the dude completely underwhelmed me in college.
That's what I thought too and I live in Texas and rooted for the Aggies.
He seems to be the "IT" guy this year, like Blaine Gabbert was last year. And then Christian Ponder.

Still, he has a strong arm, and is pretty tall, nice size for a QB. Was coached by Mike Sherman, who once coached Favre.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's what I thought too and I live in Texas and rooted for the Aggies.
He seems to be the "IT" guy this year, like Blaine Gabbert was last year. And then Christian Ponder.

Still, he has a strong arm, and is pretty tall, nice size for a QB. Was coached by Mike Sherman, who once coached Favre.
I'm in texas as well so I got to see quite a few of his games.

You nailed it wrt gabbert and ponder.

Tannehill is physically gifted, but his accuracy is mediocre, he makes a lot of poor decisions, and he sucks at making clutch plays. He just isn't a good QB.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure, but I think the game-film that he put out there should give you some insight into the confidence Philbin has in Flynn.

Did you not watch either the game at NE last year or the game vs Detroit this year?

People say those are bad defenses. They're a lot better than Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Mizzou, etc.

Flynn's film is from NFL regular season games, both of them with some playoff-significance and both outdoors in cold weather.

Why would Philbin not be impressed by that?
Why does Tannehill have a higher "upside" than what Flynn has?
Age, heighth, fastball MPH?

What is "upside"?
What was Brady's when he was drafted?
What was Brees "upside, or ceiling" when San Diego let him go, and when Miami went with Culpepper instead of Brees"?
THe 49ers took Alex Smith over Rodgers in 2005 and they felt that Smith's athletic ability and bigger size made him have the higher upside.

Someone define upside or ceiling to me.

I heard last year this time that Blaine Gabbert had a very high ceiling.
I heard that about Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell.

This "ceiling/upside" stuff cracks me up.
lol You know exactly what upside means.

2 starts doesn't reveal much of anything and certainly not the confidence Philbin has in Flynn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Flynn, I would not gamble a 1st round pick on Tannehill. If Tannehill busts and there are better players drafted past him, well then it was a stupid pick. I would not draft Tannehill in the top 15 let alone the first round. There is a big drop off of talent for QBs after Luck and RG3. Flynn won't cost a draft pick and he has NFL experience.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta1 View Post
if im the browns i give colt one more season and if they have a crappy season o well they have a ride to matt barkley! Franchise saver!
I'm far from convinced that Barkley is some sort of lock to be a top 5 pick. Lane Kiffin doesn't get nearly enough credit for his offensive designs and how he really simplifies the game for the QB. Don't get me wrong - I think Barkley is a first rounder, just not sure he's a lock to be a top 5 pick.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a total aside, I think we'll get a clear picture of who's interested in Taneyhill sooner than later. There's really only two legitimate threats for RG3 right now, so depending on FA and the QB contracts that are handed out, I think we'll have an idea who is interested in Taneyhill in a couple weeks.

He's raw. If this was a decade ago, or even five years ago, I would say his value should be a mid-late first to early 2nd type. A Patrick Ramsey type value (for those that remember that draft, the Redskins and several other teams thought about him early-mid first but they just didn't think he had that value and kept moving down for him). That said, he has a strong arm, good velocity, and athletic ability. That will always attract scouts and GM's, and there's enough last year to show some semblance of field vision understanding that, if you believe he is a smart kid who will learn, that it might be worth it to gamble. I certainly think he's a better prospect than both Locker and Ponder.

My hunch right now is that, he could go top 10, but more than likely, ends up slipping to the mid-first, with perhaps a team from the top 10 trading down to net him. Of course, the threat is that a team like Buffalo, where he could groom behind Fitzpatrick, could have some interest, so this will be an interesting dance.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote