Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure everyone was dead set on Pouncey in 2010. In 2009, no one knew since we picked last.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone was dead set on Pouncey in 2010. In 2009, no one knew since we picked last.
Yeah, it was between him and Iupati, realistically.

I wanted Dez Bryant, but we didn't take him. :(

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've heard, we've scheduled interviews with Pittsburgh OG Lucas Nix, Alabama ILB Don'ta Hightower, and West Virginia OLB Bruce Irvin (OLB for us, weird DE role for them).

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they are there its Poe or Glenn

Might need to settle for Hightower or Burfict

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
From what I've heard, we've scheduled interviews with Pittsburgh OG Lucas Nix, Alabama ILB Don'ta Hightower, and West Virginia OLB Bruce Irvin (OLB for us, weird DE role for them).
Isiah Pead as well. Worthy talked to Tomlin last night which was interesting.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
He drops alot of balls, at least when I've watched him
He's dropped a few but he also made his quarterback look much better than he was by making a lot of tough catches.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me= sold on cordy glenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Taze's favorite song should be "Free Falling" by Tom Petty because that's what his stock is. Sucks because I've defended the kid and like the kid a lot.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taze just is not a Pittsburgh Steeler type of player. He has too much baggage IMO. He too risky. Unless he is there really late in the draft, he won't be a Steeler. From what I hear Cordy Glenn has been impressive at the combine. I haven't seen film on him, but I have heard he struggled last year. Can anyone confirm?

Don't buy too much into the combine. Game tape says a lot more about a player than any measurable.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive defended taze relentlessly. cordy glenn and hightower have me sold 100% though

glenn kinda struggled last year playing LT though...that doesnt bother me when hes the kind of guard that can make DTs fake injuries

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Poe is my number 1 guy, but I doubt he is there now. I like Hightower quite a bit and I don't think Glenn will be there.

Mike Adams, Hightower, Glenn are the three guys I want.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Poe, Adams, Glenn, Hightower, Konz

sadly i fear none will be there at 24

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Adams combine was average. He looked good in drills, though. I think Hightower will be there. If not, I wouldn't mind trading down. Mychal Kendricks would be pretty good for me in round 2 or maybe even 3. Dude is explosive, despite him being only 5'11.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

adams and gilbert long term at tackle makes me feel all tingly inside though. although the interior still needs to be addressed.

round 1

Poe
Adams
Glenn
Hightower
Konz

Round 2

Washington
Dennard
Osemele
Minnifield
Zeitler
taamu

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree completely with you two...

Poe, Glenn, Hightower and Adams are my ideal first round targets.

If we dont go Hightower; Nigel Bradham and Taze are my next ILB targets.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Glenn was an absolute monster at LG in 2010. He moved like a 300lb tackle, and hit like a 350lb guard. Perfect fit for our system!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I had more of a chance to watch some tape on some of these guys. Unfortunately, college is killing me this semester!

I hope we are able to get the best OL available in the first, a solid DT (Still in 1st if none of the 1st rd OL are there?) and/or MLB (preferably Bradham 2nd/3rd), and a tall WR I'll be pretty darn excited with this draft class. I think Ben really misses having a tall WR like Plax around. Speeds kills but having that height advantage is one thing that EVERY QB loves to have.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just throwing this out there just to see what you guys thought. put a 1st rd on Wallace and let him go, then take the 2 1st rd picks and Ben and trade for Luck......would you guys do that or not?...............just talking, but it would be something to think about if Indy would give up the 1st pick and with Ben getting hit so much and would reunite with Bruce A. at OC....just saying

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just not in love with Glenn's weight. At 350, he will easily be pushing 360+, the fat guys get out of shape easily.

I still think we might go OT first, one might fall, Martin.

My only concern on Poe is he has great HW, arm, bench. But I have yet to see him his tape to see if those triangle numbers back up his play. Its like whats Taylor from Baylor last year. The guy had good tape, but everyone questioned his #s, and consistent motor, but was always top 20 pick. With Poe he was a high second, low first, till the combine, now it seems he is a top 15 lock.

Reminds me of the guy from San Diego State, who could jump out of a pull and had great triangle numbers. Was unknown till youtube video and then got drafted in the third(?) round.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
just throwing this out there just to see what you guys thought. put a 1st rd on Wallace and let him go, then take the 2 1st rd picks and Ben and trade for Luck......would you guys do that or not?...............just talking, but it would be something to think about if Indy would give up the 1st pick and with Ben getting hit so much and would reunite with Bruce A. at OC....just saying
No. No. No. No. No.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
No, why trade a already proven franchise qb for relative unknown? And also ben is bigger and taking hits. Now Luck is smaller and going to take more hits. Why not take 2 first rounds and protect your proven qb?

Also why would you reunite them? They are your competition, unless you think Ben is done and over the hill and won't help at all. He can make things happen still.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know, i know, i know........i was just trying to get something started..lol.....i was just seeing if anyone would take the bait.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

If we were talking about a 30-32 year old ben then maybe. But so many things would have to factor in. like are we rebuilding, does he suck that much, is the team not making hte playoffs with a young stars.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

how have you guys been

i have keep up reading the forum just not posted anything in awhile. i am glad to see the die-hards are still on here.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...56#post2878256

New thread.