Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-28-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Coples, but to take him after seeing Claiborne miraculously fall would take six years off my life.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shhhhh all of you, Claiborne will fall to nine.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a few things I really don't see happening

Firstly, I don't think a RB will go that high. Trent Richardson is an elite talent at the position but it's the same reason Luke Keuchly won't go in the top ten. RB just doesn't have the positional value anymore. Adrian Peterson and Maurice Jones-Drew are two of the best RBs in the league yet both teams are picking top ten. If you can't pass the ball it doesn't really matter how well you run it. I think Cleveland will either go defense with Claiborne, WR or look to trade out.

Secondly, St Louis won't trade out of the top ten with Seattle. Regardless of what they receive a divisonal rival is moving up to get a potentially elite player. St Louis won't know they are going up for Tannehill. They can specualte but they can't know. Seattle could be moving up for Claiborne, or Poe, or Brockers, or any number of players. This trade just doesn't make sense and I think he's just put it in to have another trade.

Thirdly, I don't see Miami going offensive line. I don't think it's a horrible pick but it's either going to be a pass rusher or WR at that spot for me. Michael Floyd could work his way into that spot.

Things I do like.

I think Claiborne could fall. Cleveland, Tampa Bay and St Louis are the main spots he could land. Cleveland have many other needs, Tampa Bay could go WR and St Louis may look at DT with Poe or Brockers. There are also trade down offers for those teams likely.

Claiborne isn't an elite physical specimen. He is a very good, technically gifted CB but I don't see a top 5 guy.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
- Interesting Tampa going Blackmon over Mo. The league just doesn't value CBs as much as draftniks, though - that's a fact.
This isn't the case for Mark Dominik. He looooooves CBs. Plus, he also overvalue needs and CBs is a way bigger need than WR for us. I just don't see him picking Blackmon over Claiborne. Finally, I don't think it changes anything about who we'll pick, but we hired LSU DBs coach, the guy who grew Mo from a 3-star WR to a Jim Thorpe winner.

If we go offense early in the draft, I think we'll go OL before WR.

Quote:
Those are all great points. The fact is, teams usually don't take CBs top 5. Don't shoot the messenger! I'd guess Tampa would take him too. For whatever reason, a guy in the know in the NFL doesn't think so
JLC isn't in the know at all. He usually only spread somme bullshit, especially for the Bucs. JLC has no source around that team, which was pretty apparent during the whole coaching search process as he was consistently off the track.

Last edited by Bucs147 : 02-28-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When he presented this mock on air last night he also said he thought Miami would get Manning in FA. With that happening, the fact Seattle feels the need to jump in front of Jacksonville, who almost certainly wont be picking another top 10 QB not named Luck or Griffin, and in doing so trades with a divisional rival, seems highly unlikely. I could see them wanting to get ahead of KC right in front of them, but I also find it hard to believe KC would be looking to move up to get Tannehill, a trade with a team like Carolina who would be looking to add more picks makes more sense, IMO.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne's size is perfectly normal, not everyone is PP god level

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Can I ask you why the Rams would be stupid to trade again with seattle?

If both trades did go down... the Rams most likely would have

12th pick

Three- 2nd rounders

Two- 3rd rounders

a 5th rounder and a 1st next year from Washington.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
I don't see why the Rams-Seahawks trade is that ridiculous. It's unlikely to trade in the division, but not unprecedented. If the Rams think Tannehill is gonna bust, and they have a strong feeling that the Rams are trading up for him, then that's a win-win for them.
I agree it is not totally out of the question just because they are division rivals, it has been done before (that 2 rivals make a trade be it for a player or a draft pick/s and yes even in the first round) but it is a rare occurance. I don't think the Rams do it because they see Tannehill as a bust but because they know that the pick is a reach and they are taking a high pick (2nd rounder) away from a rival for a QB who doesn't present value where he will be selected. They would be letting the Seahawks get a 2 tier QB in the top 10 (whereas Luck and RG3 are the lone 1st tier QB's).

New England dealt Bledsoe to Buffalo, Philly has dealt McNabb to Washington, Seattle traded their 7th to San Fran for their 9th (in 2001), Cleveland swapped one spot in round 1 with Baltimore (in 2006), Seattle traded Darrell Jackson to San Fran, Houston trade back up into the first with Tennessee (in 2004)...so it is not like rivals have never traded before, and those are a few examples.

Fisher would have a lot easier time making the Rams much more talented and relevant by adding up to 3 first rounders, 4 second rounders and 3 third rounders over these next 2 seasons. That is if they don't use any of those chips to move around. But that becomes a whole load of young talent infused into the roster, and all of a sudden they are in Patriots territory with those stockpiled picks.

It is not completely crazy to think St.Louis might consider the move. What if Miami lands Flynn and Washington Manning ? St.Louis once again may have to consider such a move if Cleveland unwilling to pay St.Louis' price or doesn't share the same opinion on RG3's value, because if the Rams don't move out and take Khalil at 2 then Minnesota could look to trade out with Seattle at 3.

Last edited by H.O.O.D : 02-28-2012 at 12:28 PM.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

claiborne falling to 9? gtfo
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If Poe or Brockers goes 9 (certainly reasonable), then I could see him falling to 10.
In what universe?

I dont see the Rams getting enough from Seattle to make the deal. I think Tannehill goes #8 to Miami and the Rams "settle" for Claiborn or Coples.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People gotta stop mocking Courtney Upshaw to the Bills.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know some people don't like him, but he's in the know. He's got contacts in the know. More than us anyway.

1 - IND: Luck
2 - WAS f/STL: RG3
3 - MIN: Kalil
4 - CLE: TRich
5 - TB: Blackmon
6 - SEA f/STL: Tannehill
7 - JAC: Coples
8 - MIA: Reiff
9 - CAR: Claiborne
10 - BUF: Upshaw

My thoughts...

- The leader in the clubhouse for #2 is Washington. JLC also mentioned that the two front offices have ties.

- Whether we like it or not, Tannehill is going top-12. He could even go 4th if CLE strikes out on QBs. He's going top-12 and probably top-10 one way or another.

- St. Louis probably won't trade with Seattle, though.

- He also said Jacksonville would consider Tanny at 7. Interesting.

- Interesting Tampa going Blackmon over Mo. The league just doesn't value CBs as much as draftniks, though - that's a fact.
He may have some contacts but he is strictly a reporter and knows zip about scouting. Claiborne and Upshaw took nosedives today, Claiborne's 40 time was mediocre and Upshaw looked more like a guy who will have to play DE in a 4-3 defense, extremely stiff dropping back into coverage.
This mock is weak, period.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know some people don't like him, but he's in the know. He's got contacts in the know. More than us anyway.

1 - IND: Luck
2 - WAS f/STL: RG3
3 - MIN: Kalil
4 - CLE: TRich
5 - TB: Blackmon
6 - SEA f/STL: Tannehill
7 - JAC: Coples
8 - MIA: Reiff
9 - CAR: Claiborne
10 - BUF: Upshaw

My thoughts...

- The leader in the clubhouse for #2 is Washington. JLC also mentioned that the two front offices have ties.

- Whether we like it or not, Tannehill is going top-12. He could even go 4th if CLE strikes out on QBs. He's going top-12 and probably top-10 one way or another.

- St. Louis probably won't trade with Seattle, though.

- He also said Jacksonville would consider Tanny at 7. Interesting.

Wrong. This is missing the Raiders' trade up for RG3.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is the rest of his draft?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote