Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Sorry about that. Look on the bright side. I'd fully expect you to spring back into the 3rd seed and give Detroit hell again in the 2nd round.
I sincerely doubt it. Couture is out with an ankle injury for awhile most likely, so there went the only player left on the team that actually looked like they cared when playing besides Clowe.

Marleau - Thornton - Galiardi
Clowe - Pavelski - Wingels
Winnik - Handzus - Mitchell
Winchester - Desjardins - Ferriero/Vandermeer

Boyle - Colin ******* White
Vlasic - Burns
Demers - Braun

That's what the Sharks are dealing with right now. That team is going nowhere.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
I sincerely doubt it. Couture is out with an ankle injury for awhile most likely, so there went the only player left on the team that actually looked like they cared when playing besides Clowe.

Marleau - Thornton - Galiardi
Clowe - Pavelski - Wingels
Winnik - Handzus - Mitchell
Winchester - Desjardins - Ferriero/Vandermeer

Boyle - Colin ******* White
Vlasic - Burns
Demers - Braun

That's what the Sharks are dealing with right now. That team is going nowhere.
I still think they're better than Phoenix and will win the division.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blues and Detroit now tied with 85 points. 19 games remaining for both teams.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Blues and Detroit now tied with 85 points. 19 games remaining for both teams.
Tie-breaker to Detroit. More wins.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nashville and St. Louis are probably the two teams I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol I knew it wouldn't take long for you to respond to that.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Nashville and St. Louis are probably the two teams I wouldn't want to face in the playoffs.
Better let them face each other first.

Damn it, Detroit. Don't make this difficult on yourself.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I don't really have high expectations for St. Louis in the playoffs. Losing in the second round to a team like Vancouver or Detoit sounds about right to me.

I'm just glad were finally at that point where it looks like we can consistently make the playoffs every season. So I can get my heart broken every year again! Yes! Feels like the mid 90's.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't really have high expectations for St. Louis in the playoffs. Losing in the second round to a team like Vancouver or Detoit sounds about right to me.

I'm just glad were finally at that point where it looks like we can consistently make the playoffs every season. So I can get my heart broken every year again! Yes! Feels like the mid 90's.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
Better let them face each other first.

Damn it, Detroit. Don't make this difficult on yourself.
My God what an ugly series that would be. I don't think anybody would score more than 2 or 3 goals in a game.

BoneKrusher
Old 02-28-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
lol I knew it wouldn't take long for you to respond to that.
The thing is, he isn't even right. They changed it to non-shootout wins this year, so St. Louis is actually ahead. Ha!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Hahahahaha nice
Old 02-28-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously NJ 13 shots ? 13 ******* shots ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wings fans, I was thinking about some options they have up front regarding prospects in the A. Nyquist is averaging a point a game, Tatar has bounced back nicely after his poor start, and Brunnstrom arguably deserves another look after what hes done down there. I think they should give the guy they like the most (probably Nyquist) a chance to play in the top 6, especially with Datsyuk being out.

Zetterberg and Franzen could use a spark and a young guy could provide that. We heard Holland talk about seeking forward depth so we should give a top prospect a chance to take Bert's spot (or Cleary's for now), which improves our bottom 6. I like the guy, but his numbers are way too low for someone who plays a lot of minutes with Datsyuk. His turnovers are frustrating, and I think having him play with our grinder type players could force him to protect the puck better. Plus, having size on the third line is never a bad thing.

I know they like to wait on players, but Nyquist and Tatar have scored at every level they've played in. There's a chance they could adjust if given minutes with our top forwards. I doubt they would do this since they're in the hunt for first in the west, but I don't think it would really hurt at all.

Last edited by TimD : 02-28-2012 at 01:12 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Seriously NJ 13 shots ? 13 ******* shots ?
They knew they weren't going to get by King Henrik anyway. Save your energy for another night.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
The thing is, he isn't even right. They changed it to non-shootout wins this year, so St. Louis is actually ahead. Ha!
Ha, my mistake. I actually knew that it was ROW wins, but I was going from memory.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Wings fans, I was thinking about some options they have up front regarding prospects in the A. Nyquist is averaging a point a game, Tatar has bounced back nicely after his poor start, and Brunnstrom arguably deserves another look after what hes done down there. I think they should give the guy they like the most (probably Nyquist) a chance to play in the top 6, especially with Datsyuk being out.

Zetterberg and Franzen could use a spark and a young guy could provide that. We heard Holland talk about seeking forward depth so we should give a top prospect a chance to take Bert's spot (or Cleary's for now), which improves our bottom 6. I like the guy, but his numbers are way too low for someone who plays a lot of minutes with Datsyuk. His turnovers are frustrating, and I think having him play with our grinder type players could force him to protect the puck better. Plus, having size on the third line is never a bad thing.

I know they like to wait on players, but Nyquist and Tatar have scored at every level they've played in. There's a chance they could adjust if given minutes with our top forwards. I doubt they would do this since they're in the hunt for first in the west, but I don't think it would really hurt at all.
IF they call up Nyqvist or Tatar, you're right, they need to play with other skilled forwards. Putting Tatar with Tomas Holmstrom and Justin Abdelkader (for example) has done nothing every time he's been called up.

Jan Mursak has done absolutely nothing noteworthy this season. I'd rather have someone else playing here, but they won't do it.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Having skilled prospects play in the bottom 6 doesn't accomplish anything. I want to see Nyqvist or Tatar on the wing with Hank or Val centering.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Yeah that's what I was getting at. Having skilled prospects play in the bottom 6 doesn't accomplish anything. I want to see Nyqvist or Tatar on the wing with Hank or Val centering.
I tend to think the Wings have shown time and time again that they know how to develop their youngsters.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Islanders. You help nobody.

Boston was shutout 5 times this month. Wat?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

WTF the Blues with 0 shots on a five minute power play. WHAT THE **** that is beyond pathetic.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

- Awesome game by Miller

- Hodgson looked very good. Quite exciting. Working with Ennis, tis a good young pair.

- We got Getzlaf, Perry, Koivu, and Ryan to all drop the gloves on three separate shifts in the last minute. You mad, bros?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, Kris Letang might miss more games because he got hit in the head. Awesome.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Great, Kris Letang might miss more games because he got hit in the head. Awesome.
Your team is full of pussies.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hockey fans, go see Goon

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote