Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bart Scott...

Sure for the right price. If the Jets were to eat his salary I would give up a 5th (that is what I hear the Jets want). I don't see that happening. If he gets cut he would be free to go to any team. The G-men are hard up against the cap and haveto worry about getting a vet at TE. I don't see where the money is going to be to sign Scott unless its on the REAL cheap. I think another 4-3 team would offer him more than what Reese would be capable of doing.

He is a leader up the middle, and could be an AP type move.....
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A huge hell no to Scott.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott is washed up. No thanks.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take a chance on him for the vet minimum but if he completely sucks in training camp and pre season cut him.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy still trying to figure out how the Packers lost to Giants

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...140971293.html
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should we be worried that we haven't signed any of our pending free agents yet? We are still projected to be about 9 mill over the cap, and we have to fix this by tuesday I believe? What's the holdup? We should have restructured some contracts to get below the cap already.

We need to keep Terell Thomas. That's my main concern right now. I don't want to lose him (that's of course if he can successfully come back from the ACL).

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like we are close to deals with both Thomas and Tryon. I'm not worried as we didn't have as much time to go over everything because of the SB run. In Reese We Trust.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are in talks with Thomas now and are close to resigning him

EDIT: Tryon too? Sweet! I was hoping we would bring back him and/or Bruce Johnson

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
We are in talks with Thomas now and are close to resigning him

EDIT: Tryon too? Sweet! I was hoping we would bring back him and/or Bruce Johnson
Yeah it seems like the coaching staff is very high on him as some of us fans are. Coughlin probably loves him for making that one handed tackle with a broken arm against Reggie Bush. You can make a good argument that was one of the big season savers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking about this just now. Osi makes 4 million. Tuck makes around 5 million. JPP is on a rookie contract, making around 6 million or so a year, Kiwi is making what, 3 million?

So long story short, we have 4 pass rushers on our team, making a total of around 18 million a year. That's it.

That's why we're able to keep our dline dominant. Because we don't really have that much money tied to it.

But realistically moving forward, in order to keep this dline dominant and also affordable, we have to lose 2 guys and replace them through the draft, where the contracts will be cheaper.

So that pretty much means long term, you gotta lose Osi and Kiwi, and replace them through the draft. JPP isn't going anywhere, Tuck isn't going anywhere. You can't give 4 guys long term contracts, it's just not a smart way to spend your money. So 2 guys have to go when their contracts are up.

So when you look at it that way, I think this is Kiwi's last year with us, and Osi is probably getting traded too. Which means DE will be a need very soon if not this year.

I'm not a huge fan of the Des this year, I think this is a weak DE class, so I'm not saying DE needs to be on the agenda this year, but definitely in the near future because we're going to have to keep our rotation going while making it affordable as well.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah that's definitely a big part of it. When we feel like we're a year or 2 away from one of these guys leaving then we're going to need to bring in new blood. The only problem is we haven't missed yet so who knows if that's going to happen soon or not.

Have any thoughts on Vinny Curry from Marshall?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Haven't seen him. I gotta check him out.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Haven't seen him. I gotta check him out.
I know some people on BBI rave about him but I haven't see any film on him at all. I haven't even looked at his combine numbers yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I know some people on BBI rave about him but I haven't see any film on him at all. I haven't even looked at his combine numbers yet.
I do know this, I'm not interested in Coples or Upshaw. Both lack the explosion I want out of a linemen.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Domenik Hixon officially re-signed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I guess he can help our special teams. But truthfully, I don't expect him to be the same player anymore. 2 ACLs is not easy to come back from. I hope this doesn't prevent us from looking for a punt returner in the draft.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like Chandler Jones and Jake Bequette as 2nd and 3rd round DEs respectively, if we trade Osi

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember if I posted this or not. But if so, ah well, here it is anyways! You see how nervous Archie is. He puts his head down and can't watch on the hail mary by Brady.

Manning Family celebrate Giants Super Bowl win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGqiKhqrA4
Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I can't remember if I posted this or not. But if so, ah well, here it is anyways! You see how nervous Archie is. He puts his head down and can't watch on the hail mary by Brady.

Manning Family celebrate Giants Super Bowl win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGqiKhqrA4
I did the same thing when I was at the game. Once Brady released the ball I put my head down and didn't realized we won until I heard the roar in the stadium and my friend almost tackling me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hey NYG I saw your thread on BBI about every team with a young QB using Eli as an example of what could happen. Great post. The only problem for these other teams is Eli has improved every year he's been in the league while some of the other QB's have come in and done del enough but they've been stuck in neutral. Great post though as I was recently thinking of something similar.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm sorry but one more thing. It always pissed me off how every Giants fan here used to defend Eli to everyone and we always took **** for it. I'm proud we all recognized the QB he was at the time and what he could develop in to.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Eli was always a great player. I know he's improved over the course of his career, but i honestly don't think he's improved that much. I think the players around him and the fit of the players around him have improved more than he has.

He started his career with a slow Toomer, a Burress who never practiced and ran wrong routes often, ditto for Shockey, it was a disaster for this offensive system to have those kind of guys.

Then he gets his own group of WRs to work with in Smith, Mario and Nicks, but it took them a little while to get used to the system. And now here he is.

We also let it fly more, which helps. Throughout his career, when we put the ball in his hands, he made **** happen. He's always been good.

What annoys me is when ppl say Eli sucked, then all of a sudden got good. No, that's ********. He was always a very good qb, it's just that everyone else didn't notice it bc you have to follow the team to see how it all played out.

This is finally Eli's offense, Eli's team. And the results show.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hey NYG I saw your thread on BBI about every team with a young QB using Eli as an example of what could happen. Great post. The only problem for these other teams is Eli has improved every year he's been in the league while some of the other QB's have come in and done del enough but they've been stuck in neutral. Great post though as I was recently thinking of something similar.
Thanks man! This is my vacation spot, that's where I run my A game so to speak. That was a trend I have noticed on a lot of MBs, and so I saw the Ravens forum, and saw that thread and decided to post.

Well these QBs still haven't taken their step. Some may some may never, but Eli is now a "case study" for these fan bases. This gives them hope, and they use Eli as a path a QB can take. I see this a lot as I like to read various forums for fun. I like to see what non giants fans think of our players, and I am intrigued by points they make, and if they actually know the details of our team, or just throw out the bottom stat line.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It sounds like the Giants aren't going to bring Chase back. I think that's a huge mistake. Chase definitely deserves to come back. I was never in agreement with letting him go to begin with.

Sometimes we get so caught up in potential that we are willing to let go of the safe sure thing. You know what you're getting with Chase. But apparently that's not good enough.

It's a huge mistake. He's a great backup LB who can play all 3 spots and provide us with quality play in case of injury, and he's a great special teamer.

You're telling me Greg Jones, Clint Sintim, hell even Mark Herzlich deserve a roster spot over Chase? ********.

Cut Sintim, cut Jones, bring back Chase. I think if we let him go, it's a bad decision and I won't agree with it at all.

Chase is one of my favorite players of all time.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Sintim was not supposed to be able to come back from his injury/