Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I really like the direction we are heading in for a change. I have to say that it has been since the greatest show days since I was this excited about my team. More than that, I finally feel like my team has leaders that I can actually trust to be making wise decisions, and it appears that the new ownership is serious about winning. This is gonna be a fun offseason!
Couldn't agree more!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but wanted to make sure you are aware, big big news for the Rams:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ewpost&t=50644

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
Old 01-24-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we all know about the "out" clause. Personally, I'm not really worried about it. Partially for me it is because I am removed from the situation. I have lived in Seattle my whole life and have never lived in the city where my team plays. I have been to one Rams game in my life, a few years ago in Seattle, and I was the least popular fan there. I don't think the Seahawks fans liked it much when I kept asking them, "How many rings you got?"

I don't get the feeling that Kroenke wants to move the team at all, much less to LA of all places. He resides in Denver most of the time, and Denver and LA couldn't be more different if they tried. I get more of a feeling like he wants to work with St. Louis on upgrading the current facility and replacing it with a new stadium down the line.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who can't help but think, every time I look at a mock draft, that whatever the staff's opinion on Rodger Saffold is, it's going to dictate this draft in such a large sense? If they think he is our franchise LT then the 1st round immediately changes, if we stay at #2 do you reach for Blackmon or take a chance on defense with Claiborne, and then you almost HAVE to look at the RT spot with the #33 pick.

If they evaluate him and decide that his best fit is at RT or OG then everything is different again. Does Kalil make the most sense at #2? Do you still take the chance with Blackmon for the firepower and then again risk getting your blind-side protector at the top of the second round? I'm planning on opening a blog with an absolute essay on what the Rams should do, and every time I start I go to Saffold's future as a key cog in seeing what this organization will do come April. Just was wondering what my fellow Rams' fans thought about the matter.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Rams will be trading down to accumulate more picks. We have so many holes to fill that we cannot pass on the opportunity to significantly boost the talent level on the roster. I would love to see the trade go down with Cleveland, but more people are suggesting that our trading partner will be Washington. Either way, there will still be a heck of a player available when we get back on the board.

Additionally, I think we will likely be going into this draft with a "best player available" approach. Drafting for need is a big part of how this franchise's talent level has dwindled so far. Just my $.02.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...602/story.html

Quote:
Olafioye put in the required two seasons under his contract with the Lions and is now off to St. Louis, hopefully to become a building block for that beleaguered NFL franchise.

Dan Vertlieb, Olafioye's agent, confirmed his signing with the Rams today.
I'm sure you guys have already seen that the Rams have signed the top Offensive Lineman in the CFL. Could be an under the Radar signing, definetly looks like he has potential to be pretty good, allowed 0 sacks in 20+ games this past year. Played Guard and Right Tackle.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

I'm sure you guys have already seen that the Rams have signed the top Offensive Lineman in the CFL. Could be an under the Radar signing, definetly looks like he has potential to be pretty good, allowed 0 sacks in 20+ games this past year. Played Guard and Right Tackle.
Sounds like a nice underrated signing. Luckily it's one of those contracts and signs that will give us a chance to see what he does in OTA's and such early in the summer and it'll be interesting to see how he does making the jump from the CFL to the NFL but I like the potential in the signing.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Am I the only one who can't help but think, every time I look at a mock draft, that whatever the staff's opinion on Rodger Saffold is, it's going to dictate this draft in such a large sense?
Agreed. This regime's evaluation of Saffold could play a big role in the direction they take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

He's already been released, some kind of medical concern.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2333545/
Old 02-13-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Yeah I heard it was some medical concerns. Probably a weight issue. That's a shame.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Rams have a new GM. Coming over from Atlanta where he was the director of player personnel. He was part of some big trades last year and the bringing in of some good Free Agents. Hopefully he can do the same for us.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...641ce0868.html

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 02-26-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take it with a grain of salt, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Eskin
I'm told by people within Redskins they are prepared to offer picks 1,2 and 3 this year, at least a 1 next year to move up to get RG3 at 2
This is from Howard Eskin, who is a Philadelphia sports radio/TV personality.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn will tell us how much we get for the pick if the Rams do trade it. If both of them go to teams that also want RG 3 then it drops the value of the pick. But if they both re-sign or end up in a place that are not in the RG 3 sweepstakes then the Rams could get. So hopefully Manning and Flynn re-sign or don't end up in Cleveland, Washington, Miami or anyone else looking to move up and give up a lot. They will find out a lot more next week when Free Agency starts.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

So who are some of your guys' man crushes for this upcoming draft?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

I have been reading all the articles on the Rams and them trading the pick and a few questions keep coming up.

Do you think it would good to pull the trigger now on a trade or wait and trade on draft day?

If a team like the Eagles want RG3 would the Rams trade the #2 pick for the #15 pick and a player like Asante Samuel or Desean Jackson?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I have been reading all the articles on the Rams and them trading the pick and a few questions keep coming up.

Do you think it would good to pull the trigger now on a trade or wait and trade on draft day?

If a team like the Eagles want RG3 would the Rams trade the #2 pick for the #15 pick and a player like Asante Samuel or Desean Jackson?
I would imagine it would be better to trade it sooner rather than later. Later we wait the more likely it would be for the Redskins and another team to fill that spot through Free Agency.

I wouldn't make that trade with the Eagles. At #15 we miss out on a lot of talent and Asante and Desean are both IMO overrated.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

In my opinion...

The trade will be with Washington for the #6 pick, their #2 and #3 this year, and their #1 and #2 next year. I believe that Miami holds the key. If they don't get Flynn or Manning, then it will push the bidding. I don't think Cleveland is a player at all, other than to drive up the price.

What could be very interesting is if the trade goes down as I have suggested and then there could become a bidding war for Tannehill. I guess Jason LaConfora reported that their is legitimacy to the possibility of Seattle trading up to #6 for Tanny should the Rams trade down with Washington.

That would leave us at #12 with a surplus of early picks in the next two drafts. I could totally see us doing it. There isn't a huge drop from #6 to #12 if Claiborne, Blackmon and Kalil are all gone.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

How is Cleveland not a player? They likely won't attract the big name Free Agents (Manning and Flynn) so I would imagine they are looking pretty hard at Griffin. Unless they're convinced that McCoy is a franchise Quarterback, which is ludicrous.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Miami sports analyst Jorge Sedano was on The Fast Lane today and said he would trade a late round pick, a first rounder and Jake Long to move up.

That would be awesome.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Ok I'm really bored So I decided to do a Mock Draft....

I do think The Rams end up trading with Washington. So lets say the rumored proposal by the Redskins is true. So lets say....

Rams receive: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 2013 2nd rounder

Redskins receive: 1st rounder (2nd overall)

That seems like a fair offer, not to ridiculous. Now I'm actually warming up to the idea of the Rams trading with the Seahawks to collect more picks. So lets say....

Rams Receive: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and WR Golden Tate
Seahawks Receive: 1st round (6th overall)

1st Round - David Decastro OG, Stanford
2nd Round - Fletcher Cox DT, Mississippi State
2nd Round - Stephen Hill WR, Georgia Tech
2nd Round - Doug Martin RB, Boise State
3rd Round - Sean Spence LB, Miami
3rd Round - Josh Robinson CB, Central Florida
3rd Round - Bruce Irvin LB, West Virginia
4th Round - Michael Egnew TE, Missouri
6th Round - Janzen Jackson FS, Mcneese State
7th Round - Russell Wilson QB, Wisconson

I know it's hard to predict trades, but hey it's fun to think about.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

The reason I don't think Cleveland will be a player is because I don't think they will be willing to pony up the necessary picks to make it happen. I think Washington steps up and offers more. I'm not saying it can't happen...I just think that in the end it will be Washington. There are 5 quarterbacks in play here (Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Manning and Flynn) and 7 teams (Indianapolis, Cleveland, Washington, Miami, Kansas City, Seattle and Arizona). That means two teams will be left in the cold. I'm pretty sure the teams know that, and Daniel Snyder will do whatever it takes to make sure his team isn't one of them.

To further muddy the waters, Manning isn't healthy, not yet anyway, and I find it hard to believe that he will have a solid, clean bill of health in the next 7 weeks. So I find it somewhat unlikely that he is signed by the draft, and that whoever signs him will be totally confident with him as their QB going into next season.

I just can't wait for FA to see how this all plays out. I think Flynn will sign quickly and that will clear things up somewhat.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I like your mock for the most part, with a couple of exceptions...

I don't like the Doug Martin pick, as he is another big bruiser like Jackson. I would much rather see us wait until the 3rd round and take LaMichael James. He is tougher than people think, and he is a great receiver out of the backfield. I think he tandems with Jackson better than anyone in this draft, with the possible exception of Lamar Miller.

I don't think Cox makes it out of the 1st round anymore. I think we have a better chance of landing Thompson or Reyes at that spot in the 2nd.

I like Zach Brown better than Spence. I think you can get Brown at #34, Hill at #38 (assuming the Browns take Blackmon at #4 or Floyd/Wright/Jeffery at #22), and Thompson/Reyes at #43.

I love Josh Robinson in the 3rd, and also Dwight Bentley fro ULL. Both, I think, will be very good cover guys at the next level. Probably not stars, but better than what we have had. I also like Janzen and Irvin at those spots. I think both are Fisher's kind of players.

I noticed you didn't list a 5th rounder. Who did we trade it for? I must have forgotten it when I remembered something else.

I hate to nitpick at a 6th rounder, but I think Russel Wilson is just a throw away pick, and we can find a player in the 6th round that will be a contributor. One guy that I really like that could still be there is TY Hilton, who can at the very least be an immediate contributor on special teams. I think he can become a similar player to Az Hakim (hopefully without the fumbling problems). If we were to take a QB there, I would hope that BJ Coleman was still there, although he very well may be gone by then. I think I would also prefer Ryan Lindley over Wilson. That's just my opinion. As this becomes more of a passing league I see the big QB's better off withstanding the pounding. All the small mobile QB's seem to have a lot of injuries, save for Drew Brees, who is really special. I don't think anyone would compare Wilson to him.

And in the 7th round, I want to see us take Sammy Brown, OLB, Houston. He is raw with questions, and a bit undersized, but he has been highly productive and used to winning. Could be that guy that doesn't understand failure.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Can I just add to the discussion that I really like Robert Turbin from Utah St? He has similar size to Martin but looks to be quicker and better at changing direction. As someone on the draft thread also pointed out, he was very productive against tougher competition.

For what it's worth, I thought Martin was bigger than he is, so I may need to take back what I suggested about him being a Jackson clone. While 220-225 is still considered a bigger back, he isn't in the 235-240 range like I thought he was.

All that being said, a lot of people are really high on Martin, and I haven't heard much talk about Turbin, even though he really showed up at the Combine. If Martin goes in the 2nd and Turbin in the 4th, I think that makes Turbin the better value. It will be interesting to see if Turbin starts getting included in the Martin/Polk/Wilson conversation. I think it is safe to say that Miller has separated himself as the #2 back in this draft.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.

If anyones interested I found this video of Turbin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HvTATg3tRc

Unfortunately its raining so you dont get to see exactly how much explosion he has, but his style is similar to Jacksons. He needs to run lower though or he'll have a major fumbling problem in the NFL. Also needs to be a better pass blocker, but thats a pretty standard issue with rookie RBs
Old 03-02-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.

I like LaMichael James too, he reminds me of my favorite player of all time Warrick Dunn. Good vision and a great ability to accelerate. Dunn was also a great goal line runner, he could find the smallest hole and pop through before he ever got touched.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Doug Martin to me is very comparable to Ray Rice.

As for Zach Brown over Sean Spence, why? Spence is pretty much better than Brown in every area of the game right now. Sure Brown is probably the better athlete but he misses way to many tackles, doesn't shed blocks well, isn't good in coverage and is slow to react.