Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC-Asheville won the Big South tournament.

Also, Illinois State upset Wichita State in the MVC tournament today.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
UNC-Asheville won the Big South tournament.

Also, Illinois State upset Wichita State in the MVC tournament today.
REDBIRDS WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah, after a hard fought game and Creighton is resting their starters right now in a blow out or Evansville, so it seems Creighton will be fully rested for their 3rd game in 3 days while ISU should be a little more worn. Plus, ISU came to St. Louis without their 1st big off the bench out for 3-6 weeks with a broken thumb. It will be a problem against Echineque and McDermott tomorrow.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who does everyone have in the UNC Duke game? I'll take the Heels by 3, partly because Seth Curry just ******* yawned on camera 30 seconds before gametime.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Who does everyone have in the UNC Duke game? I'll take the Heels by 3, partly because Seth Curry just ******* yawned on camera 30 seconds before gametime.
I hope Cameron blows up and everyone is annihilated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow UNC is destroying Duke right now
Old 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Duke almost as much as I hate the Raiders. And I have friends who went to UNC. GO UNC!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there has been at least 20 charges so far it feels like
Old 03-04-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kendall Marshall is a talented player.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well played Heels, well played. In other news CAA semi finals!! I'd advise any of you guys that can watch to watch these games. Drexel v ODU then my VCU Rams v George Mason.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Well played Heels, well played. In other news CAA semi finals!! I'd advise any of you guys that can watch to watch these games. Drexel v ODU then my VCU Rams v George Mason.
I would love to see all four of those teams get in the tournament.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

NCAA Auto Bids

Will keep this updated...

Murray State (30-1)
Ohio Valley Champion
defeated #2. Tennessee State 54-52

UNC-Asheville (24-9)
Big South Champion
defeated #7. Virginia Military Institute 80-64

Belmont (27-7)
Atlantic Sun Champion
defeated #6. Florida-Gulf Coast 83-69

Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
GO GEORGE MASON!!!!And yes I am still bitter
Old 03-04-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to see all four of those teams get in the tournament.
Unfortunately we are gonna get a Big Ten team that finished below .500 in conference play, 364 Big East teams (6 MAYBE that deserve it). And a team who is most recognized with a fight this year. I think the CAA tourney gets just one bid, and the team has to win to get in it (even tho u know UConn is getting in based off of last year pretty much, but VCU can't do that or George Mason can't get in based off their's /sarcasm).
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that I know is that the only way UK doesn't win it all is if they pull off one of the world's biggest choke jobs somewhere in the tourney.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Unfortunately we are gonna get a Big Ten team that finished below .500 in conference play, 364 Big East teams (6 MAYBE that deserve it). And a team who is most recognized with a fight this year. I think the CAA tourney gets just one bid, and the team has to win to get in it (even tho u know UConn is getting in based off of last year pretty much, but VCU can't do that or George Mason can't get in based off their's /sarcasm).
That is really disappointing too. If we look deeper into UConn's schedule of the 9 teams that finished ahead of them in the Big East standings they only beat West Virginia, Seton Hall, and Notre Dame. They have gone 6-11 since January 1st. They have ok wins over Harvard and Florida State, but I agree with Yoda, these guys don't deserve to make the NCAA tournament. Maybe DePaul can pull off a shocker and knock off UConn in the 1st round of the Big East Tournament on Tuesday.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

As for the Big Ten I would only have Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Indiana as locks.

For me I would want Purdue to get to the Big Ten Semis to get in, and Northwestern would have to win the Big Ten Tournament to get in.

But I am not on the selection committee so what do I know.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee is starting to get a lot of positive talk from the media as a bubble team. I really hope we win a couple of SEC tourney games because then we should be in a good spot.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for the Big Ten I would only have Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Indiana as locks.

For me I would want Purdue to get to the Big Ten Semis to get in, and Northwestern would have to win the Big Ten Tournament to get in.

But I am not on the selection committee so what do I know.
Purdue is in. Northwestern will probably be a 13 seed play-in, but they most certainly don't have to win the tourney.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The asshole part of me hopes Northwestern doesn't make it, their streak of like 100 years of not making the tournament is hilarious.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not all that bullish on Northwestern. I don't see a huge difference between Northwestern, Minnesota, and Illinois. All played schedules of roughly the same difficulty, all are sub-20 win teams, and all have a handful of marquee wins. The only difference is that NW got hot at right time, while Minnesota and Illinois faded at the end.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

They don't pass the eye test at all either. Shurna is the only guy who scares me on the entire roster. The rest are slow footed jump shooters.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

My at-larges would probably consist of

ACC (4): UNC, Duke, Florida State, Virginia

Atlantic 10 (2): St. Louis, Temple

Big East (8): Syracuse, Marquette, Georgetown, Louisville, West Virginia, Cincinnati, UCONN, Notre Dame

Big Ten (6): Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Purdue

Big 12 (6): Kansas, Missouri, Baylor, Kansas State, Texas, Iowa State

CUSA (1): Memphis

MVC (1): Witchita State

Mountain West (3): New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State

SEC (4): Kentucky, Florida, Vanderbilt, Alabama

WCC (2): Gonzaga, St. Mary's

So that's anywhere from 27 to 37 depending on how the conference title games bear out.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-04-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They don't pass the eye test at all either. Shurna is the only guy who scares me on the entire roster. The rest are slow footed jump shooters.
I really like Dave Sobolweski, the true freshmen pg for Northwestern, who started all 30 games this year. He put up solid numbers, 9.1 ppg, 3.5 assists, and 2.6 rebounds a game. If he continues to improve upon those numbers as well as improve his shooting % numbers he could become a very good player once he becomes a senior.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

NCAA Auto Bids

Will keep this updated...

Murray State (30-1)
Ohio Valley Champion
defeated #2. Tennessee State 54-52

UNC-Asheville (24-9)
Big South Champion
defeated #7. Virginia Military Institute 80-64

Belmont (27-7)
Atlantic Sun Champion
defeated #6. Florida-Gulf Coast 83-69

Creighton (28-5)
Missouri Valley Champion
defeated #4. Illinois State 83-79 OT

Old 03-04-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

VCU starts out with a 21-0 lead over George Mason. Yeowza.