Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 02:52 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Zach Brown has a higher ceiling and becomes a better player at the next level. Although I will give you that Miami players probably have a better success rate in the NFL than Carolina guys do.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.

Zach Brown vs Mizzou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbmVlF-oLA8

You see some good and bad in this one game, but it really stands out to you when he over runs plays or an OL gets their hands on him. He does make some good plays though and you have to wonder if any defense playing mizzou is all that scoutable bc of their offensive scheme.

Sean Spence (2 games)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhu1SAboTwU

Wow. This kid is definitely more NFL ready in these two games. Plays alot of Mike and Sam in these games, but a Will in the NFL and he could be a great player. I know we wont run a Tampa 2, but this kid should be cover 2 coach's wet dream on the weakside.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.Juice24 is so money.

You just have to wonder who the coaches will see as having more potential.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about Demeco Ryans?

He could be part of a draft day trade. Texans are trying to save money and Ryans is due around 5 million next season and he doesn't really fit Houston's 34 scheme.

James in the Middle and Demeco on the weak-side, could be pretty awesome.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His contract doesn't look appealing at all.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Id much rather find a LB in the draft, preferably one that hasnt torn his achilles. If he was a FA Id sign him to a 1 or 2 year deal though to see how he would work out.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now my top 5....

1. Morris Claiborne CB
2. Matt Kalil OT
3. Trent Richardson RB
4. David Decastro OG
5. Justin Blackmon WR
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Right now my top 5....

1. Morris Claiborne CB
2. Matt Kalil OT
3. Trent Richardson RB
4. David Decastro OG
5. Justin Blackmon WR
He might be my favourite player in this draft. I also think he might be the 2nd best player in this draft. If the Rams manage to trade down a couple of times, I'd be more than happy to nab him.

Right now I look at the draft like this.

At #2. Kalil, and tbh I don't think there's another option.
At #4 or #6. Claiborne then Blackmon. Outside of those two (and taking Blackmon at #4 doesn't sit to well with me), I really struggle to think of anyone we could take at either of those positions that I would be on board with.
If we manage to trade back after that, DeCastro becomes my #1 want, with Richardson after him.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure it's even worth naming a favorite if the Rams stay at #2 since it's so unlikely to happen at this point. But if by chance they have to pick there, it'd probably be Kalil.

At four or six, I'll take Blackmon.

DeCastro is great, but as Beano said, I don't think he enters the picture unless there's a second trade down.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I'm not sure it's even worth naming a favorite if the Rams stay at #2 since it's so unlikely to happen at this point. But if by chance they have to pick there, it'd probably be Kalil.

At four or six, I'll take Blackmon.

DeCastro is great, but as Beano said, I don't think he enters the picture unless there's a second trade down.
I don't think Blackmon is worth a top 8 selection and I hope the Rams don't reach for a need in this draft. There are other Quality receivers in this draft, Heck you can even make an argument that Blackmon is the 3rd or 4th best Receiver in this draft. IMO he's the safest of the group at that position, but talentwise I think Alshon Jeffery and Michael Floyd have more and maybe even Kendal Wright.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think Blackmon is worth a top 8 selection and I hope the Rams don't reach for a need in this draft. There are other Quality receivers in this draft, Heck you can even make an argument that Blackmon is the 3rd or 4th best Receiver in this draft. IMO he's the safest of the group at that position, but talentwise I think Alshon Jeffery and Michael Floyd have more and maybe even Kendal Wright.
Yeah, I would disagree with a lot of this. I view Blackmon as one of the top 5-6 players in this draft, and definitely the best receiver available in the class. I do agree with you that there is talent that could be had later if you opt not to take him, but other than that, we see things pretty differently here.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You make a great point about the "safety" of a pick. My guess is that Blackmon goes on to have a decent career, but is not a guy that requires constant double-teaming and lights it up on a regular basis. On the other hand, I think Alshon Jeffery has one of the highest boom/bust potentials in this draft. Unfortunately I think the emphasis with him is on the bust, so I really do not want him at all. I like Wright the most of any receiver in this draft in terms of skill/explosion/polish. He reminds me a lot of a young Torry Holt. Floyd, I will be honest. I have never seen him play. I don't watch Notre Dame football.

I would really like to see us go get a stud in free agency. A stud by the name of Vincent Jackson. His experience and ability to stretch the field would be huge for this group of receivers.

A couple of other receivers I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up are Hines Ward and Lee Evans. Ward because he has a great work ethic, gives everything he has and will teach the young guys a lot of nuances of playing the position, like downfield blocking, coming back to the QB when the play breaks down, etc. Evans I think can still stretch the field and be productive, and probably would have come back to have a decent season last year had it not been for the emergence of Torrey Smith. In the end they weren't even playing him because the rookie was playing so well, and he never really clicked with Flacco like they thought he would.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I would disagree with a lot of this. I view Blackmon as one of the top 5-6 players in this draft, and definitely the best receiver available in the class. I do agree with you that there is talent that could be had later if you opt not to take him, but other than that, we see things pretty differently here.
I would say....

1. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Matt Kalil
4. Morris Claiborne
5. Trent Richardson
6. David Decastro
7. Riley Reiff
8. Luke Kuechly
9. Justin Blackmon
Old 03-07-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

I feel really out of place here because I see Blackmon as good of a prospect as Kalil or Claiborne. I think he can have a career similar to Isaac Bruce or Chris Carter because of his route running ability, I dont think he'll be able to be covered by one man except elite corners.

Decastro interests me because of the rookie wage scale, could a OG be worth a top ten pick if you think he is a for sure pro bowler? Specifically at 8 in the draft.

Kuechly,Reiff, and Richardson I like all of them, but wouldnt take any of them with a top ten pick.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Huh? Route running? Blackmon didn't really run any complicated routes at Oklahoma State.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

The tape Ive watched has him running almost an entire route tree, other than double moves, which wont be a problem for him. The kid consistently gets open no matter where a DB was playing him, makes me think that OSU had hot routes in their gameplan, a big part of many NFL offenses.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would say....

1. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Matt Kalil
4. Morris Claiborne
5. Trent Richardson
6. David Decastro
7. Riley Reiff
8. Luke Kuechly
9. Justin Blackmon
I'd put Blackmon right there with Claiborne and Richardson in the 4-6 mix, at least IMO. I would take him over everyone you have listed 5-8. I can see the argument for DeCastro but the positional value hurts him.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice24 View Post
The tape Ive watched has him running almost an entire route tree, other than double moves, which wont be a problem for him. The kid consistently gets open no matter where a DB was playing him, makes me think that OSU had hot routes in their gameplan, a big part of many NFL offenses.
I agree, and I'd add that Blackmon's route running stood out to me at the Combine. He really looked sharp, precise, and NFL ready during workouts. I'm anxious to see how he times at his pro day tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Quote:
I agree, and I'd add that Blackmon's route running stood out to me at the Combine. He really looked sharp, precise, and NFL ready during workouts. I'm anxious to see how he times at his pro day tomorrow.
Well thats cool, I was beginning to think I was the only Rams fan that liked him as much as Claiborne and Kalil. Im not sold on Richardson though, I just see so many other ways that we could spend our early picks on positions of more importance than a replacement/backup to Jackson
Old 03-09-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

What do you guys think about Lomabardi's newest mock?

Bit of a head-scratcher if you ask me.

1. Indy - Andrew Luck QB
2. Wahington - Robert Griffin QB
3. Minnesota - Matt Kalil OT
4. Cleveland - Justin Blackmon WR
5. Tampa Bay - Dontari Poe DT
6. St. Louis - Melvin Ingram DE
7. Jacksonville - Riley Reiff OT
8. Miami - Ryan Tannehill QB
9. Carolina - Morris Claiborne CB
10. Buffalo - Quentin Coples DE

While I like the thought of having three dominating Defensive Ends, it's not really a need.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Those are some strange picks from 5-7. If the Rams trade down and take a DE in the Top Ten, I'm not entirely sure what kind of reaction I'm going to have. I'm betting it won't be a very happy one.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Blackmon ran in the 4.4's today at his Pro day, which should answer any questions about his speed. I'm beginning to think that he is probably our guy. I'm not sure that this is the direction I would like for us to go, but I think that is what will end up happening.

I don't think anyone has Ingram in the top 10. That's a reach if I've ever seen one.

Reiff has also dropped down a lot of boards as well after his arms measured in the 33's. Sounds petty, but Kalil was over 35, so to the draft experts that is significant.

I'm getting more and more used to the idea of us taking Blackmon as time goes on. I realized that it isn't Blackmon that I don't like...I just want Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins to be older
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

If Claiborne was gone maybe I could make an argument for it.... Like if Ingram could play SLB in a 43 for two downs maybe, but Claiborne is on the board and would make so much sense. I love Ingram, but that really confuses me.

He probably did it so that NFLN would have more mock draft variety at the top of the first round.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Well, looks like the Rams are stocked up on first round picks for a while.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...-st-louis-rams
Old 03-09-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Juice24
Rookie

Damn, thats exciting. Lets hope the Redskins suck the next three years and those become premium draft picks. I dont think we willl get Claiborne, Blackmon and obviously Kalil at 6 though.
Closed Thread