Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 01-21-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I share the desire for a receiver. Tackle might have the most value at the pick and it does kind of make sense. Bell might not be back and shifting from Freddy to Spiller may also hurt protection. That help was very necessary once Bell first went out and really hurt the offense when the backs couldn't be out catching balls. I don't know if the organization values the position that highly, though. In the 4th round, Hairston was our highest drafted tackle since Mike Williams. They more or less got away with 58 different line combinations this year, using no-name guys. The idea of a reliable left tackle would set a nice core for the offense, but then we're still relying on minimal talent in the passing game that did little to help us after Week 3. I can understand the desire to address the outside weapons after building from the trenches, but I can't see the passing game succeeding with its current level of talent. It's at a very unstable point right now, but I think it could work wonders if Stevie and Chandler are kept and a top receiver is added.
I don't agree, Floyd has real talent but he also has character and injury questions and I don't think we are in a position to gamble on him.
This team needs an OL that can dominate and Bell is stopgap at best. When I look at the way the draft looks like it will unfold, a couple of LT prospects will likely be rated at #10 till 12 in the rankings, is it is IMO a no brainer to take one. If they end up not being rated that high then that is a whole different ball game.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
My Bills Draft so far in the Forum Mock:

1) Zebrie Sanders
2) Vinny Curry
3a) Jayron Hosley
3b) Marvin McNutt

I also got Jerry Hughes from the Colts for a 5th and a 7th to try out as a LB
Sanders blows.and Hughes blows and is most likely gonna be cut so no reason to trade draft picks for him.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
My Bills Draft so far in the Forum Mock:

1) Zebrie Sanders
2) Vinny Curry
3a) Jayron Hosley
3b) Marvin McNutt

I also got Jerry Hughes from the Colts for a 5th and a 7th to try out as a LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Sanders blows.and Hughes blows and is most likely gonna be cut so no reason to trade draft picks for him.
I would think that there has to be better options than Sanders in the 1st, two thirds, so I am guessing there was a trade down. Hosley is ok, but he is small, im not sure how he will transition to the NFL. I like the McNutt pick, and love landing Curry in the second. I agree that Hughes will be let go, and giving up picks is not warranted, if it had to be done, a 7th is the most I would give.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowl Sunday, Time To Sing It With Me, Bills Fans! It's The Most Depressing Day Of The Year ! ! !

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea how the Bills already have $105 mil in salaries next year with the talent they have. McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Kelsay, Merriman, and Dwan Edwards are all over paid on defense. On offense Brad Smith and Roscoe are over paid for what they've offered. I hope Smith is more useful next year as a returner and as a more conventional receiver.

I think Roscoe has to go.
Dwan Edwards should get cut, I don't think hes ever even played in a real base 4-3 defense and there is certainly enough depth and talent at DT without his contract.
I want to see Merriman get cut, and I really wish Kelsay would take a pay cut because I can't see him getting cut outright. That contract was absurd for him, he was at his best as a rotational LDE with Denney back in the day and thats all he ever should have been.
I can't see Florence getting cut because his contract isn't even a year old, but if he should never be matched up with a team's #1 guy ever again, or even a good #2. Keep him in the slot. I think McGee is gone, and I wouldn't be surprised if McKelvin was trade bait all year long.

I hate all of those contracts so much right now with the number of good free agents that are going to be available this year. Dump the over paid average starts and go after impact players this year and make sure Stevie gets a new contract and give Jackson a 3 year 18 million contract or something to make sure he is showing up.

I posted this in another thread, but as far as the Bills free agents go, this is what I think they should do:

Keep
Stevie Johnson WR
Scott Chandler TE
Demetrius Bell OL
Craig Urbik OL
Chad Rinehart OL
Bryan Scott S
Reggie Corner CB

Let Go
Andra Davie LB
Reggie Torbor LB
Garrison Sanborn LB
Kirk Morrison LB

Over pay for Stevie if it is necessary, but the cupboard can't be completely empty at receiver next year.
Chandler isn't amazing, but he contributed this year, if he doesn't ask for too much he should definitely stick.
Bell, Rinehart and Urbik shouldn't demand too much. Bell might warrant a couple million per year, if they plan on drafting a LT in round one he probably won't be worth keeping around since I don't think he offers much diversity along the OL as a well paid backup.
Scott is a good run defender and occasionally makes some nice plays. He isn't very good in coverage, but as long as he doesn't demand anything over 2mil-ish he'd be worth keeping around and provides a lot of utility as a 3rd safety.
Corner is nothing more than a nickel, but he won't cost anything to keep for training camp.

Letting go all those LB's is a no brainer. I think there will be a lot of WR's and CB's that will be available as free agents and the Bills could become big players in the market if they shed some contracts that I mentioned earlier. Signing a combination of Laurent Robinson and Brandon Carr would be huge for the Bills next year.

Doing any of that would put the Bills in an amazing situation for draft day with 9 picks. They could pick up someone like Reiff or Martin in round one to help out the offensive line, and then just go BPA at DE, OLB, CB and WR for the rest of the draft.

Oh to dream.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanborn has already been signed, and I can't imagine why you would want him to leave. He is very consistent and gets upfield nicely, and it would be so like us to lose a game on a snap.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I have no idea how the Bills already have $105 mil in salaries next year with the talent they have. McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Kelsay, Merriman, and Dwan Edwards are all over paid on defense. On offense Brad Smith and Roscoe are over paid for what they've offered. I hope Smith is more useful next year as a returner and as a more conventional receiver.

I think Roscoe has to go.
Dwan Edwards should get cut, I don't think hes ever even played in a real base 4-3 defense and there is certainly enough depth and talent at DT without his contract.
I want to see Merriman get cut, and I really wish Kelsay would take a pay cut because I can't see him getting cut outright. That contract was absurd for him, he was at his best as a rotational LDE with Denney back in the day and thats all he ever should have been.
I can't see Florence getting cut because his contract isn't even a year old, but if he should never be matched up with a team's #1 guy ever again, or even a good #2. Keep him in the slot. I think McGee is gone, and I wouldn't be surprised if McKelvin was trade bait all year long.

I hate all of those contracts so much right now with the number of good free agents that are going to be available this year. Dump the over paid average starts and go after impact players this year and make sure Stevie gets a new contract and give Jackson a 3 year 18 million contract or something to make sure he is showing up.

I posted this in another thread, but as far as the Bills free agents go, this is what I think they should do:

Keep
Stevie Johnson WR
Scott Chandler TE
Demetrius Bell OL
Craig Urbik OL
Chad Rinehart OL
Bryan Scott S
Reggie Corner CB

Let Go
Andra Davie LB
Reggie Torbor LB
Garrison Sanborn LB
Kirk Morrison LB

Over pay for Stevie if it is necessary, but the cupboard can't be completely empty at receiver next year.
Chandler isn't amazing, but he contributed this year, if he doesn't ask for too much he should definitely stick.
Bell, Rinehart and Urbik shouldn't demand too much. Bell might warrant a couple million per year, if they plan on drafting a LT in round one he probably won't be worth keeping around since I don't think he offers much diversity along the OL as a well paid backup.
Scott is a good run defender and occasionally makes some nice plays. He isn't very good in coverage, but as long as he doesn't demand anything over 2mil-ish he'd be worth keeping around and provides a lot of utility as a 3rd safety.
Corner is nothing more than a nickel, but he won't cost anything to keep for training camp.

Letting go all those LB's is a no brainer. I think there will be a lot of WR's and CB's that will be available as free agents and the Bills could become big players in the market if they shed some contracts that I mentioned earlier. Signing a combination of Laurent Robinson and Brandon Carr would be huge for the Bills next year.

Doing any of that would put the Bills in an amazing situation for draft day with 9 picks. They could pick up someone like Reiff or Martin in round one to help out the offensive line, and then just go BPA at DE, OLB, CB and WR for the rest of the draft.

Oh to dream.
Ralph Wilson isn't going after any expensive FA's, he's way too cheap to do that. Our problem will be holding on to our own players since Wilson doesn't even make much of an effort to do that.

What you see is what you get, a team built on the cheap with no thought given to being seriously competitive.

Just be good enough to sell out the stadium is Wilson's bottom line.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** yes! Stevie!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
**** yes! Stevie!
Very happy about it myself, and it is not a horrible contract.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else find themselves desperately wanting Michael Floyd with our 1st rounder? I has a man crush.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Anyone else find themselves desperately wanting Michael Floyd with our 1st rounder? I has a man crush.
Yes, I feel Floyd should be the pick, only other option is an OT, but I think Floyd is more of a top 10 talent, I'm not as confident that Reiff or Martin will be franchise LT's.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
Yes, I feel Floyd should be the pick, only other option is an OT, but I think Floyd is more of a top 10 talent, I'm not as confident that Reiff or Martin will be franchise LT's.
I think I posted here months ago that he was who I wanted and that hasn't changed at all. I love Blackmon, but I think Floyd can be a more dominant and effective receiver to compliment Stevie.

If the Mario Williams stories are true today, and he comes out tonight with a contract (I don't even care if we over pay) I'll be so stoked. *cue iamcanadian being a huge hater
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills are prepared to make Williams the highest paid defensive player in the league...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

If you hear howling tonight, that would be me...
Old 03-13-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills fully expect to sign Meachem and Mario within the next 24 hours. You guys are going to be a serious threat to take the wildcard with a weak division outside of NE and a healthy FredEx. Add in a MIKE and y'all are set.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Bills fully expect to sign Meachem and Mario within the next 24 hours. You guys are going to be a serious threat to take the wildcard with a weak division outside of NE and a healthy FredEx. Add in a MIKE and y'all are set.
We have a mike, kelvin Shepard.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This boner in my pantaloons is completely unfounded

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

^What Fisch said..

We need to make this Williams deal happen. The freedom it will allow for us come draft would be huge.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
^What Fisch said..

We need to make this Williams deal happen. The freedom it will allow for us come draft would be huge.
I agree, I keep checking to see if he has signed, staying another night and bringing the wife up is a good sign, today is huge, if he leaves town without signing, chances are he does not sign here :(
Im impressed with what I have heard about the all out effort on Buffalo's part, just sign Mario, just sign...
Old 03-15-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hoping you guys get Mario. The Bills really impressed me with the full court press they applied. They would have a tremendous D-Line.

As far as the draft goes what do you guys think you will end up doing? I have heard that if Reiff is available the Bills front office would be more than happy to draft him. Do you guys think QB is a possibility? If Tannehill is there at 10 do you think the Bills would bite or trade down? He seems like a Gailey type QB.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I am hoping you guys get Mario. The Bills really impressed me with the full court press they applied. They would have a tremendous D-Line.

As far as the draft goes what do you guys think you will end up doing? I have heard that if Reiff is available the Bills front office would be more than happy to draft him. Do you guys think QB is a possibility? If Tannehill is there at 10 do you think the Bills would bite or trade down? He seems like a Gailey type QB.
They could go in several directions IMO. I saw ?John Murphy? on Path to the Draft say that, and it makes sense in that they went WR/DE in FA right away. If they sign Mario that would give them (as ruthlessrussian stated) a lot of freedom in the draft. They could go LT, they could go WR (keep an eye on them and Hill, just a feeling), or they could even go DE again and take Coples or Ingram, which would make a sick-nasty-filthy-grimmy defensive line. I am actually thinking Tannehill (he is my darkhorse for them) is a possibility, Fitzy's contract is really a 3 year deal, and that would give Buffalo plenty of time to properly develop Tannehill, I do think he will not be on the board, but if he is, I would think they will seriously consider him, and trading down is also a distinct possibility, especially for a guy like Hill IMO. I also think he would fit Gaileys system very well. My opinion is that they will take a LT, WR or DE with their first pick. Any of them makes sense IMO for various reasons.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't see QB at 10 unless the 9 teams in front of us contract a case of amnesia, forget Luck and Griffin exist, and draft punters.

OT is definitely a possibility with Demetrius Bell all but gone. In all the interviews with Buddy Nix, he discusses how many people think that Chris Hairston can be good in the future, but he's not there yet. He also usually says that if there is a good T at 10 they'll have to seriously consider it. What tackles do they like? I haven't the slightest clue. But Nix has always like very big Olinemen and that theory holds water with the prior FAs/draft picks he's made. Whether that means Reiff, Martin, Adams, etc., I have no idea.

WR is also a possibility. The Bills tried for Meachem and missed. They are trying for Manningham, but I don't see him coming here. They want a guy who is "open when he's not open," but I don't know what that means if we're going after a 6'0" Manningham. He wants a big, fast guy, so maybe that's what "open when he's not open" means. If Blackmon miraculously falls to 10, we'd have to think long and hard. Floyd is also a possibility, and I think Stephen Hill is a VERY VERY dark horse. Very. In a recent interview, either Chan or Buddy said they'd like to get a WR opposite Stevie that has experience (aka, not a rookie). But with there being slim pickings, I'm not sure that happens.

The team also wants another CB, but I can only see that happening at 10 if Claiborne falls. Possibly Kirkpatrick?

Now here's my opinion. I want another DE. I want to have the best DLine in the league. ______ - Williams - Dareus - Williams? Scary. I honestly don't know what to think of Coples because if Wanny is able to light a fire under his ass. Oh. My. Goodness. That could be complete insanity.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 03-15-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff guys...I am hoping Buffalo pulls out of its decade long slump this year.

Purely hypothetical but do you think if Manning ends up in Denver would you as Buffalo fans be against them trading a 3rd or 4th rounder for Tebow? I know the rumblings two years ago were that Gailey liked him and they might of used their second round pick for him.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Good stuff guys...I am hoping Buffalo pulls out of its decade long slump this year.

Purely hypothetical but do you think if Manning ends up in Denver would you as Buffalo fans be against them trading a 3rd or 4th rounder for Tebow? I know the rumblings two years ago were that Gailey liked him and they might of used their second round pick for him.
I have thought of this MANY times over the past week or so, and I can't come up with a convincing argument for either side. Maybe poz can do that for ya lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I have thought of this MANY times over the past week or so, and I can't come up with a convincing argument for either side. Maybe poz can do that for ya lol
LOL...yea I just don't see Tebow in Denver if Manning is there and I am bored out of my tree at work.

Getting Williams to Buffalo will be a huge win for you guys. I also like that they are going back to a 4-3.