Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I really like Royal and would love it if he came to the bay. He had a near 1,000 yard season as a rookie then hasn't found a fit in the offense since then.
But he had to catch like 500 balls just to get close to 1,000 yards. He's not that good.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Carr will get a bigger contract than Rogers, especially due to his age. Rogers improved his name with a solid season last year, but there's a reason why the Niners got him at a bargain rate - he wasn't a "household name," at least not in a good way (aka Stone Hands). His great season definitely helped improve the perception of him but being another year older over 30 did not. He won't get as much as Carr. Period.
Carr should get a bigger contract than Rogers. If you're going to pay a huge amount of money to a player, its far better to pay a young 25 year old who's in his prime than a 30 year old who'll decline.

Quote:
Buffalo Bills and wide receiver Stevie Johnson agreed to a five-year contract this morning. Another potential FA WR off the market. It might be smartest for the Niners to just do the "unsexy" thing and ignore the big splash in FA, re-sign Morgan to a reasonable contract and find their favorite WR in the Draft to compete and add depth, possibly adding a veteran WR at a bargain late in the game. That's the philosophy they applied last year and it worked out very well.
Johnson was in the top five WR's that I was hoping for but oh well, im not surprised that he was re-signed. $7m+ a season while Garcon turned down the same amount from Indy. Dont want to re-sign Morgan and wouldnt mind a mid round draft pick used on a WR to be the 4th receiver but sorry, no way in hell is Crabtree, Morgan, Williams, a veteran and a rookie striking fear into any defense. UGH. Please, no no no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Johnson is probably the WR I wanted the least in FA so means very little to me. It will still be guys who hit the market. Manningham, Colston, Meachem, Garcon, and a host of others. I never saw us going after the bigger names anyway. We will see here shortly...
I preferred Johnson over Jackson, Bowe, Colston and those second tier guys. And while in general, Johnson would be a second tier guy, in SF, he would have been our number one receiver. Colston is a top tier WR in my eyes. I just prefer Wallace over them all. No thanks to Meachem/Manningham.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colston please.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Colston please.
I would prefer a WR who hasnt had a ton of surgeries on his knees.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would let Morgan leave period but here's something I just read at Rotoworld.com -

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco suggests that free agent Alex Smith is targeting a Ryan Fitzpatrick-caliber contract from the 49ers.The Niners were reportedly willing to offer a multi-year deal worth $8-11 million annually by the end of last season. Fitzpatrick's six-year, $59 million deal is valued at just under $10 million per season. It also includes $24 million guaranteed. Indications are the 49ers would prefer a shorter-term, three-year commitment with Smith. Smith's agent, Tom Condon, may be pushing for more years and long-range guaranteed money. Mar 5 - 3:24 PM

Okay, this is pissing me off. WTF is Smith doing??? $8-11m a year for three or so years and he declines??? Seriously, WTF??? Personally, I would offer him a 3 year $24m deal with $15m guaranteed. Period. He declines, I say goodbye and go after Flynn. Not only that, I would pay Flynn more just to piss off Smith and then hope where ever Smith goes, he crashes and burns.

And my friend told me that Harbaugh said that he sees Smith as an "elite" QB. WTF is wrong with Harbaugh??? All that does is increase his demands. Seriously, people go to ******* college and yet, they still dont have any common sense whatsoever.

UGH.....im almost ready to say screw it, go get Manning, Wayne and Garcon. UGH..... :(
Old 03-05-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dan is really a woman...because he is more dramatic than any woman i've ever met.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
He's bionic now!!!! Unstoppable.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I think Dan is really a woman...because he is more dramatic than any woman i've ever met.
Actually, im the most relaxed laid back person you could ever meet. Harbaugh is upping Smith's price. You dont say he's an elite QB because he'll expect to be paid like one. Negotiation 101 - never ever increase a player's value when he's a free agent whether he's worth it or not period.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
He's bionic now!!!! Unstoppable.
Wouldnt he have been bionic after the first knee surgery and thus, not need any more??? LOL.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Wouldnt he have been bionic after the first knee surgery and thus, not need any more??? LOL.
No, silly, they tried to just keep him as a mortal, but then the Saints hired Gregggg Williams as DC and he brought his bounties to the practice field and the doctors were all like "**** this ****, we're going to have to make this ************ bionic ... and stuff"

Check it out on wiki. It's true. SCIENCE!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
and wants nearly $10Million per
Old 03-05-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to Morgan, maybe he wants to move closer to home?

I've never been a big fan of his, and I don't really care of he comes back or not...

If Ginn doesn't re-sign, I wouldn't mind drafting Wylie to take his place. Plus he could actually be plugged in at WR.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Well, the Bionic Man cost six million dollars so with inflation I'd say 10 million sounds about right.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, the Bionic Man cost six million dollars so with inflation I'd say 10 million sounds about right.
LMFAO!!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:29 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Back to Morgan, maybe he wants to move closer to home?

I've never been a big fan of his, and I don't really care of he comes back or not....
It's in his best interest to test the market. The 49ers are going to bring in at least 2 WR's and with how many teams need wideouts he has a chance to land in a place where he could push for a starting job. I like Josh Morgan and it was a shame that the injury didn't give him a chance to contribute when the 49ers opened up the offense. His last 2 games before he was injured:
3 catches, 65 yards, 1 TD
5 catches, 75 yards

If he does leave I hope the 49ers bring in Chaz Schilens to fill his role/spot on the team.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, im the most relaxed laid back person you could ever meet. Harbaugh is upping Smith's price. You dont say he's an elite QB because he'll expect to be paid like one. Negotiation 101 - never ever increase a player's value when he's a free agent whether he's worth it or not period.
C'mon Dan, regardless of what Jimbaugh says, Baakle will not overpay for any player, including Smith. And do you really believe Smith will try his luck with another team, another coach after the season he produced under Jimbaugh? Its just posturing. Smith isnt going anywhere. We will give him what he's worth and he will sign because he wants to he here with Jimbaugh.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Harbaugh isn't the Niners negotiator. He's the Head Coach. His job is to get the most out of his players, pump them up, keep them in line and productive. He clearly did that with Alex, others, being named head coach of the year.

He called Alex elite during their playoff run. No big deal. Fitzpatrick isn't elite and neither is his contract, but what he got is starting QB (under 30) NFL market value. Alex isn't a jerk for asking for market value, but the Niners have leverage in that Alex has the most value to them over any other team by far, the Niners have Kap waiting in the wings who they targeted and traded up in the 2nd round to draft, and that Harbaugh & Co will be in place for at last the next few years for Alex to continue to have his best chance at success and winning as a starting NFL QB. The Niners will play hard ball with Alex and eventually win cause Alex will tell his agent to settle.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
This is why the Saints are working out Randy Moss this week. They want a big WR on the cheap to take Colston's place. No way the Niners pay Colston or any FA WR $10 MIL per season. The only one to even consider in that range would be V-Jax.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought this was a good breakdown by Evan Silva on Robert Meachem, who I think will get lost in the WR free agent shuffle:
http://rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40...nt-bargain-bin

Quote:
The perception of Meachem is that he's a one-trick pony deep threat. A rotational receiver who couldn't overcome Devery Henderson for consistent playing time in New Orleans. Meachem can certainly take the top off a defense, holding a career yards-per-reception average of 16.1. He ran a 4.39 forty at 6-foot-2, 210 coming out of Tennessee. 35 of Meachem's 141 catches have gone for 20-plus yards, good for a 24.8 20-yard rate that compares favorably to fellow top free agents Mario Manningham (23.4), Marques Colston (19.2), Reggie Wayne (18.1), and Pierre Garcon (15.4). Meachem has also been part of a receiver-committee approach with the Saints. He played 55.6 percent of New Orleans' offensive snaps in 2009, 48.9 percent in 2010, and 65.5 in 2011.

Meachem may be capable of more than his past statistics and role illustrate, however. He was always the Saints' best blocking receiver, playing over Colston in all one-wideout sets, and has been charged with just 11 career drops by Pro Football Focus. The Boston Globe reported in February that pro scouts consider Meachem a superior free agent to Colston as a less scheme-dependent receiver who could produce at a higher rate in an offense that utilized him differently. Either Meachem is going to be a steal on the open market, or he will generate more interest than anyone expects.

Prediction: 49ers on a three-year, $13 million contract.
Description fits with the qualities that the 49ers look for in a WR. You would get a deep threat that has the ability to block downfield for the backs.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the knocks on Meachems productivity come from people that don't watch Saints games. Meachem wasn't brought it to be a go to guy he was brought in to fill a role. Everyone in the Saints offense has their role. Meachem is capable of more it just wasn't asked of him in New Orleans. I would love to see him in SF.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Thought this was a good breakdown by Evan Silva on Robert Meachem, who I think will get lost in the WR free agent shuffle:
http://rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40...nt-bargain-bin

Description fits with the qualities that the 49ers look for in a WR. You would get a deep threat that has the ability to block downfield for the backs.
Agree. Didnt know he was that stout of a blocker though. That's something Baalke and Jimbaugh would covet, to go along with his skills as a WR. But I think he's going to command, and recieve, more than a 3-year, 13 million deal. That's beyond a steal at that price. I think he'll be looking for more years than that. Especially with alot of the big names already off the table.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
It's in his best interest to test the market. The 49ers are going to bring in at least 2 WR's and with how many teams need wideouts he has a chance to land in a place where he could push for a starting job. I like Josh Morgan and it was a shame that the injury didn't give him a chance to contribute when the 49ers opened up the offense. His last 2 games before he was injured:
3 catches, 65 yards, 1 TD
5 catches, 75 yards

If he does leave I hope the 49ers bring in Chaz Schilens to fill his role/spot on the team.
Schilens??? UGH. No thanks. An injury prone non-productive receiver who would be probably competing for the 4th spot or worse on the depth chart. Crap like this is what I will never understand because when you put money towards a few average players, you could combine that money and go after a top tier player. As for Morgan, I hope he leaves. It doesnt make any sense to pay Morgan when he would be third best because him and Crabtree arent number one receivers. They're a good compliment to a number one receiver.

Quote:
C'mon Dan, regardless of what Jimbaugh says, Baakle will not overpay for any player, including Smith. And do you really believe Smith will try his luck with another team, another coach after the season he produced under Jimbaugh? Its just posturing. Smith isnt going anywhere. We will give him what he's worth and he will sign because he wants to he here with Jimbaugh.
Quote:
Harbaugh isn't the Niners negotiator. He's the Head Coach. His job is to get the most out of his players, pump them up, keep them in line and productive. He clearly did that with Alex, others, being named head coach of the year.

He called Alex elite during their playoff run. No big deal. Fitzpatrick isn't elite and neither is his contract, but what he got is starting QB (under 30) NFL market value. Alex isn't a jerk for asking for market value, but the Niners have leverage in that Alex has the most value to them over any other team by far, the Niners have Kap waiting in the wings who they targeted and traded up in the 2nd round to draft, and that Harbaugh & Co will be in place for at last the next few years for Alex to continue to have his best chance at success and winning as a starting NFL QB. The Niners will play hard ball with Alex and eventually win cause Alex will tell his agent to settle.
49ers already offered Smith a short term contract worth $9-11m a year and he turned it down. Sorry but he's not worth that. Considering the fact that if it wasnt for Harbaugh and Baalke for signing him last summer, he would probably be out of the league or a forgotten backup. I understand that he's using all the leverage he can but now he's pushing it. Smith isnt worth more than $8m a year period. 3 years/$24m with $15m guaranteed sounds more than fair and what he's worth. If Smith was elite, Harbaugh would have been more aggressive in the Giants game. He wasnt. Dont know about you guys but I smell bullcrap.

People complain about me wanting to pay Wallace and give up the 30th pick but yet, $11m+ for Smith is okay??? No ******* way!!! If I was Baalke, I make him that 3 year $24m with $15m guaranteed offer. No team is giving him that because he's not worth that to any other team and if some team was to give him more than that, I would say better then than us. He declines and say goodbye and go after Manning and then Flynn. And I would still go after Wallace too. Because if im going to pay Smith $11m a year, I would much rather take the chance on Manning for the same or even a little more but thats just me. And I just hate the fact that all of a sudden, Smith is worth all this money but going after Wallace isnt? Yeah, right. I think im going to follow Jerry Rice and say - get Manning and screw all of these other crappers.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

No thanks to Meachem. Its amazing, all those weapons in NO and he was still average so how the hell could anyone think that he'll do any better for us opposite Crabtree? Awesome, a QB who wants to be paid like he's Eli Manning or someone and a bunch of number two receivers around him. Yep, Super Bowl, here we come. LOL.

Give me a break.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

How was he average? He had to share the ball with Colston, Moore, Henderson, Shockey, Graham, Bush, and Sproles his last three years in that offesne. Just what kind of numbers do you expect him to put up? Who knows how he'll look if feed the ball more but he has a abundance of tools from which to work from. But its a gamble alot of GMs will be willing to take come free agency. Your fascination with Wallace clouds your judegement when it comes to any other WR. Meachem is a deep threat just like Wallace, plus his a bigger target who can work over the middle, unlike Wallace.

And relax on the Alex deal. It will work itself out. Alex Smith re-signing is the least of my worries at this point. Alex knows the chances of him going elsewhere and suceeding in yet another offense is slim to none. He wants security. A 3 year deal isnt security. He wants 5-6 years. But we have young guns waiting in the wings. He doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder in a year or two. I understand that. But we didnt move up in the 2nd round to draft CK to hold a clipboard forever. And we didnt pluck Tolz off the waiver wire the minute he became available with no intention if giving him a look as well. They'll meet somewhere in the middle I supposed. That's why its called negoiations. But make no mistake about, we wont cave under the demands of Alex Smith or any other free agent. I think Baalke proved that last year. We have options.....and if necessary, those options will be explored.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
How was he average? He had to share the ball with Colston, Moore, Henderson, Shockey, Graham, Bush, and Sproles his last three years in that offesne. Just what kind of numbers do you expect him to put up? Who knows how he'll look if feed the ball more but he has a abundance of tools from which to work from. But its a gamble alot of GMs will be willing to take come free agency. Your fascination with Wallace clouds your judegement when it comes to any other WR. Meachem is a deep threat just like Wallace, plus his a bigger target who can work over the middle, unlike Wallace.

And relax on the Alex deal. It will work itself out. Alex Smith re-signing is the least of my worries at this point. Alex knows the chances of him going elsewhere and suceeding in yet another offense is slim to none. He wants security. A 3 year deal isnt security. He wants 5-6 years. But we have young guns waiting in the wings. He doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder in a year or two. I understand that. But we didnt move up in the 2nd round to draft CK to hold a clipboard forever. And we didnt pluck Tolz off the waiver wire the minute he became available with no intention if giving him a look as well. They'll meet somewhere in the middle I supposed. That's why its called negoiations. But make no mistake about, we wont cave under the demands of Alex Smith or any other free agent. I think Baalke proved that last year. We have options.....and if necessary, those options will be explored.
Meachem was drafted to be a starter opposite Colston yet he never surpassed Henderson on the depth chart. Meachem isnt a playmaker and the only reason he's ever done anything is because of all the weapons around him. I dont see him doing a damn thing in SF. Personally, I see him as another Bryant Johnson - a waste of money, space and time.

Yeah, im playing favorites with Wallace but when you look at the positives and negatives, Wallace has far more positives and less negatives than any UFA WR and WR that will be drafted at 30. Wallace is the perfect fit to an offense that needs a deep threat. Wallace is that guy and unlike others, he's already proven himself and he's only 25 years old. Sorry but paying Wallace $10m+ a year and giving up the 30th draft pick is far better than paying a 29 year old Vincent Jackson who's one DUI away from a year suspension, a soon to be 28 year old in Colston who'll decline once he leaves NO and has more operations on his knee than women in hollywood get botox. LOL. Meachem, Manningham, Morgan, Lloyd, Wayne, Burress, etc. are just a waste of money for various reasons and all of them arent going to improve...they are what they are and thats it. With Wallace, he can still improve his game which is something I cant say for the rest of them. Only other receiver I would want is Garcon because he's young and still has a lot of potential, upside and value. All the others are a waste because they dont fit in with the team.

First, please stop comparing last off-season to now or the future. That was a shortened off-season after a lockout with basically no off-season. Just because two cheap signings worked doesnt mean they will work again and one of them is a soon to be 31 year old CB who's more likely to become Clements part two than repeat what he did in 2011 and if Baalke re-signs Rogers for a high amount, then you can eliminate one of those so called good signings of 2011 because it would go down the drain.

Second, Alex Smith doesnt need security considering his contract when he was drafted. He's got plenty of security. If I had 1/10th of the money he has, I would retired and living in a tropical paradise. He's also going to be 28. A three year deal is more than fair and even if he gets a longer deal, it will probably be backloaded to where its still a three year deal and love players who never seem to realize that.

Third, the more I think about it.......Manning plus Wallace would make us the favorites in the NFC to win the SB if not the entire NFL. The only negative would be is if Manning isnt healthy to start the season even though I think he will be because he's an egomaniac and determined to show people that he's not done. Also, would take him away from the Cardinals because I do think that he's going there along with Wayne and Garcon.