Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cordy Glenn, Jon Martin(if he falls), Konz, and Kuelchy(doubt he falls). Mark Barron is on my list too.

I would like me some Dre, but his character is all wacked out and the last time we dealt with a pot smoker, we shifted him to New York for a third day pick. I'm not sure how bad Dre's pot smoking is, though. But I did hear he didn't do too well in interviews.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jonathan Martin any good?

Reminds me of Derek Sherrod from last year.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Is Jonathan Martin any good?

Reminds me of Derek Sherrod from last year.
Smart, athletic, durable. Sherrod would have been fine by me. By drafting Martin, we can kill two birds with one stone and move Colon inside.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cool cool thanks.. i havn't been able to follow the off season stuff as much this year so i wanna start by just focusing on our more likely targets

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Smart, athletic, durable. Sherrod would have been fine by me. By drafting Martin, we can kill two birds with one stone and move Colon inside.
I've thought about drafting a RT and moving Colon inside, but imo it is a flawed plan.

Colon is obviously better suited at RT (or he would have been moved earlier), and even if he does move to guard, RG would be his ideal position. In which case, Foster or Legs would be the starter at LG...which imo would be a weaker line than Colon and Foster on the right, and Gilbert and a rookie (Glenn, Osemele, Washington etc) on the left. Foster doesnt play as well on the left, and Legs is not starter material imo (as much as i like him).
Old 03-04-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I've thought about drafting a RT and moving Colon inside, but imo it is a flawed plan.

Colon is obviously better suited at RT (or he would have been moved earlier), and even if he does move to guard, RG would be his ideal position. In which case, Foster or Legs would be the starter at LG...which imo would be a weaker line than Colon and Foster on the right, and Gilbert and a rookie (Glenn, Osemele, Washington etc) on the left. Foster doesnt play as well on the left, and Legs is not starter material imo (as much as i like him).
They could still draft a LG if they were to draft a LT/RT in the first. Martin-Wagner/Kendricks-Brooks/Nicks in the first three rounds.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Jakey;2886172]

Cordy Glenn-Yes im good with that. Starting to like getting Brandon Brooks later on. Had a workout similar to Glenn at his Miami of Ohio pro day

Mike Adams-Scares me to death

Mark Barron-Wouldn't hate it or love it. the position needs to be upgraded sooner or later. I have a feeling Troy and Clark are going to fall apart physically in the next three years and Mundy isn;t the guy. We should wait for next years seemingly stronger Safety class next year.

Dre Kirkpatrick-Good with this but I doubt he falls this far.

Janoris Jenkins-Same feeling i have on KirkPatrick, might not even be on the Steelers board. After all his pot incidents

Zach Brown-Great athlete bad instincts, fits into Tomlin's MO of Drafting freaks

Peter Konz-Moving him to guard?

Kevin Zeitler-saw him get destroyed in one on ones at the senior bowl, I need to watch more of him

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What's up with all the love for Peter Konz in round 1? Biiiig reach for us in my opinion.

First of all we have a center so we're going to be moving him to a new position. Second the guy only put up 18 reps at the combine. That's pathetic and doesn't even register on the scale for olinemen (except for Mike Adams).

For us - I'd take Zeitler or Osemele over Konz EASILY in round 1.

But if we're going to take a center and move him out to guard I would much rather wait 2 rounds and pick up Michael Brewster out of THE Ohio State University - who would've been a first round pick had he come out last year.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on the tenders the Steelers used today. SteelersDepot was reporting earlier the Steelers may use a 2nd round tender instead of ROFR on Legursky and Foster.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The deadline for restricted tenders is the 13th. The deadline today was just franchise and transition tags. So we will have to wait another week to see.
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
so besides poe and hightower... who else would you be happy with at 24 in the first?
Glenn, Adams, Jenkins, Konz.....and i think thats pretty much it for me
Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't think Jenkins would get picked by the Steelers if he were there at 24.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to really want to get Glenn. I've gotten so sick of having a weak offensive line, it'd be nice to add a talented guy next to Pouncey.

Still need to look for talent at MLB, NT, and CB, but I would really love to se guard addressed. Don't want to go into the season with Legursky and Foster as starters.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont really think it would happen, but he seems smart and he seems to have cleaned up. Ive just heard how well he interveiws, so who knows
Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm warming up to Mike Adams. Dunno which tackle position we'd play him at, but he's gotta be worth 1.24.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i love mike adams, i think hes legit. people are questioning his strength because of the 19 reps but starks was 10 pounds heavier and did 2 reps more and at 6-8 340ish thats not what you would love but its not unheard of. mike adams is good on his feet and plays good down field.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Bold statement: Curtis Brown will lead the team in interceptions.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easy claim. That'e because Ike can't catch a ball to save his family.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I encourage you all to check out my latest 4 round mock draft :)

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51453

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

I did sloop. I'll repost my comments here:
As bad a draft as I've seen for the Steelers. A) Zietler is second round material, not first. They need o-line, but not enough to reach that far. B) We need safety. But Iloka will go down as one overdrafted person if he goes before late 3. Knock on him in college was that he was slow and gets burned deep regularly. Proved at combine he is slow and will get burned deep regularly. C) I can live with a RB, but not top 3. When Mendenhall went down, fill in ran for over 100 yds. Not that big a need. D) Burflict. Not anything worse I can say than that. Go Hightower, Silotolu or Chapman, Martin or Massie, and Allen the way your draft plays out.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I like Zietler, but the Steelers live or die with the defense. I firmly believe that if Hightower is there at 24, they will pick him.

Also, it is reported that we are VERY interested in Isaiah Pead. I'd take him in the third round. He'd add another element to our offense that we do not have at the RB position.

I like Taze, but don't think he'll even be on our draft board.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i love mike adams, i think hes legit. people are questioning his strength because of the 19 reps but starks was 10 pounds heavier and did 2 reps more and at 6-8 340ish thats not what you would love but its not unheard of. mike adams is good on his feet and plays good down field.
K Train and ellsy. Please refer to my previous post on Adams. I have been watching him in person the last 4 years (3 and a half with suspension/2.5 startin) and the guy is SOFT. I want no part of Mike Adams whatsoever and I urge you to watch tape of him get destroyed when he goes against NFL level DE's such as Ryan Kerrigan, JJ Watt and Jared Odrick. Especially Kerrigan who ate his lunch on just about every play. Also he doesn't get a great push in the run game like you would expect from a man that massive. He's a catcher, not a mauler.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

eh max starks was "soft" too, a 6-8 teddy bear for years...i dont think adams is quite that bad.

i do believe that hightower will be the pick though
Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Only way I don't see Hightower next year is if someone like Dre, Martin, or even Kuelchy is there at 24.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Are you guys really on board with Dont'a Hightower as our 1st round pick. By most all accounts that's what signs are pointing towards and I do not agree with it.

Here's why:
You can say what you will about Hightower but he's not an athletic ILB. He's not going to be able to cover TE's. Also he's not a sideline-to-sideline type guy. I think 5-10 years ago you could justify taking a one-dimensional run stopping ILB who has all the intagibles in the world with your first rounder. Today is a new day though. I can already see Hightower getting toasted by Ed Dickson and Jermaine Gresham. Pull him on passing downs, you say? SO you're taking a 2 down linebacker in the first round?

Me, I prefer to go with Ta'Amu in the first round. Hoping he lasts till the second is a pipe dream. 3-4 NT's are VERY hard to come by. He's not going to make it out of the top 40. In fact I think the Texans are very likely to snatch him up at 26 if we don't pull the trigger. So I am all about Alameda at 24.