Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-06-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

y Glenn, OL, Georgia?????
Old 03-07-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An INTENSE battle rages in the Dallas Cowboys War Room about where to go with their first pick. They cannot afford to fail, and several in the room have different opinions on where to go...

"Mark Barron is the solution to the hole we've had at Safety since Darren Woodson!!!" yells Jerry.

"If I had Brockers on this team, I could wreak havoc like never seen before. I could line him up anywhere from the 0 technique to the 9 technique. His combination of size and athleticism is just unmatched!!!" screams Rob.

"Cordy Glenn next to Tyron Smith for the next decade is scaaaaary." convinces Garrett.

"How can we pass on Kirkpatrick here?" questions Ciskowski.

Line 1: *RING RING* *RING RING*

"Hello, this is Jerry"...

"Hi Jerry, this is Bill Belichick. We're prepared to make you an offer to trade up to your 14th pick."

"What do you have in mind there Bill?"

"Our 31st pick in Round 1 and our 31st pick in Round 2 for this pick. What do you say to that Jerry?"

*pauses*

"Well, we're really getting ready to turn our card in Bill. We've got a guy we really like here."

"If it's DeCastro, we'll up our offer."

Line 2: *RING RING*

"TIMES RUNNING OUT!!!!" blasts the card runner.

"Sorry Bill, our time is running out so we had to send our card in"

"Damn, Jerry." *click*

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-07-2012 at 02:15 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 1 (Part II)

Commission Goddell: With the 14th pick of the NFL draft the...

Dallas Cowboys select OG David DeCastro, Stanford.

David DeCastro started at guard for the Cardinal for three years and was a two-time All-Pac 10 selection. He was a consensus All-America last season and one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy as college football’s best lineman.

The Cowboys needed to upgrade their interior offensive line after allowing 39 sacks last season. Tackle is set with Tyron Smith and Doug Free, but the Cowboys needed some size in between. Center Phil Costa and guard Bill Nagy are both undersized at 6-3 and Kyle Kosier 6-5. DeCastro will provide that size at 6-5, 316 pounds. He did not allow a sack in his final two college seasons at Stanford.

Gosselin: I think David DeCastro of Stanford has natural leadership skills. This is a tough guy. If he’s the 14th pick, I think they get a step up in leadership ability in their offensive huddle.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was about to punt kittens when I saw you were taking Cordy Glenn over DeCastro. Then came to this page xD

So far so good :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great pick, I'm leaning in this direction myself now.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll go D but would LOVE DeCastro next to Tyron the next 10+ years!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Happy to see the comments. :)

Honestly, I would be fine with DeCastro even though it doesn't make perfect sense for me. I went with him here because I really do value continuity along the OL more than anything and with Smith, DeCastro, Arkin, Free... I feel like that is a group that can stay together for a really long time and be successful. Not worrying about a bust factor with DeCastro helped sway my feelings.

I do conceed that there won't be any DT prospects found in the rest of the draft that can be starters... whereas there will be OG prospects found.... but with the signing of Sione Pouha, I felt the team did enough on the DL to push the need to the future. Pouha would contribute brilliantly from the start and make a big difference for everyone else on defense.

Since the money was invested heavily on Defense in FA, I thought the team would be fine using the 1st rounder on offense, so DeCastro is the direction I thought was best for the Cowboys under the circumstances.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2012 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 1 (Part III)

Commission Goddell: With the 15th pick of the draft the...

15. Philadelphia Eagles select DT Michael Brockers, LSU.
-- Rob Ryan's forehead hits the desk.

16. New York Jets select OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama.
-- From Vernon Gholston to Aaron Maybin... this is a team still looking for OLB help.

17. Cincinnati Bengals select OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia.
-- In the AFC North there is some hammering that goes on in the trenches... The Bengals are going to be a load.

18. San Diego Chargers select OLB Mark Ingram, South Carolina.
-- Only 1 player had more than 4 sacks on their defense last season.

19. Chicago Bears select WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech.
-- Bears attempt to land their own version of Calvin Johnson and give Cutler a much needed weapon.

20. Tennessee Titans select DE Whitney Mercilus, Illinois.
-- Karl Klug was their best pass rushing threat last season. NUFCED.

21. Cincinnati Bengals select CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama.
-- Cornerback is a pressing need and Jenkins is the best pure corner.

22. Cleveland Browns select OLB Nick Perry, USC.
-- Jayme Mitchell has been a disappointment at OLB for the Browns.

23. Detroit Lions select CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama.
-- It's no secret the Lions are trying to upgrade their secondary.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers select OT Mike Adams, Ohio State.
-- Pittsburgh has some issues up front that they need to address.

25. Denver Broncos select DT Devon Still, Penn St.
-- The secret to the Broncos success is their defense, not Tebow.

26. Houston Texans select DE Andre Branch, Clemson.
-- With the loss of Mario Williams, the Texans are forced to find a replacement.

27. New England Patriots select WR Kendall Wright, Baylor.
-- Match made in football heaven. Wright is the prototype Patriot WR and Deion Branch is a FA.

28. Green Bay Packers select DE Chandler Jones, Syracuse.
-- The search for a dynamic OLB opposite of Clay Matthews continues.

29. Baltimore Ravens select C Peter Konz, Wisconsin.
-- Ravens prioritize OL prospects and Konz fills a huge hole.

30. San Francisco 49ers select OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin.
-- Harbaugh's offense is founded upon the strength of the OL and he did his homework on Zeitler.

31. New England Patriots....

*RING RING* .... *RING RING*....

"Hello, this is Jerry Jones."
Old 03-07-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Happy to see the comments. :)

Honestly, I would be fine with DeCastro even though it doesn't make perfect sense for me. I went with him here because I really do value continuity along the OL more than anything and with Smith, DeCastro, Arkin, Free... I feel like that is a group that can stay together for a really long time and be successful. Not worrying about a bust factor with DeCastro helped sway my feelings.

I do conceed that there won't be any DT prospects found in the rest of the draft that can be starters... whereas there will be OG prospects found.... but with the signing of Sione Pouha, I felt the team did enough on the DL to push the need to the future. Pouha would contribute brilliantly from the start and make a big difference for everyone else on defense.

Since the money was invested heavily on Defense in FA, I thought the team would be fine using the 1st rounder on offense, so DeCastro is the direction I thought was best for the Cowboys under the circumstances.
I'm not in favor of DeCastro, but I would not be too upset because he's a very good player.

My thinking is that this is a very deep draft for interior OL. I think you can get good guys well into the 3rd round and maybe deeper than that.

Given your scenario, with Cox gone, I'm a fan of the trade down here. I still Upshaw, Kirk & Ingram, but I think this is a bit too high. I'd like to get in that low 20s range, grab Konz and then go heavy on defense the rest of the way.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm not in favor of DeCastro, but I would not be too upset because he's a very good player.

My thinking is that this is a very deep draft for interior OL. I think you can get good guys well into the 3rd round and maybe deeper than that.

Given your scenario, with Cox gone, I'm a fan of the trade down here. I still Upshaw, Kirk & Ingram, but I think this is a bit too high. I'd like to get in that low 20s range, grab Konz and then go heavy on defense the rest of the way.
So you think New England is on the phone with Jerry to rediscuss trade talks surrounding DeCastro?
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeCastro is the most safe pick we could make in the entire first round. He's a pro-bowler for the next 8-10 years. And he looks damn mean too!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
DeCastro is the most safe pick we could make in the entire first round. He's a pro-bowler for the next 8-10 years. And he looks damn mean too!!!
This is a good point that hasn't really been talked about. I like the way our OL is going in the tough and nasty department. Andre Gurode and Leonard Davis were big teddy bears for their size. The only mean guy we had on our line was Colombo.

Now we have Tyron Smith is quiet but has that "i'll eat you if you piss me off" look to him which I love, Arkin who just wants to rip your head off, and if we landed DeCastro he seems hostile as well. I love that. We need that along the offensive line.

Bring the guys who start bar fights on down!
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
This is a good point that hasn't really been talked about. I like the way our OL is going in the tough and nasty department. Andre Gurode and Leonard Davis were big teddy bears for their size. The only mean guy we had on our line was Colombo.

Now we have Tyron Smith is quiet but has that "i'll eat you if you piss me off" look to him which I love, Arkin who just wants to rip your head off, and if we landed DeCastro he seems hostile as well. I love that. We need that along the offensive line.

Bring the guys who start bar fights on down!
I wanted Harvey Dahl last year. He's just plain nasty and mean.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2012 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 1 (Part IV)

31. New England Patriots....

*RING RING* .... *RING RING*....

"Hello, this is Jerry Jones."

"Hi Jerry, this is Belichick once again. Congratulations on the DeCastro selection."

"Thank you Bill. We were dead set on taking him, so it wasn't really an option for us to trade out of that spot at the time."

"Well we figured as much, that's why we called... but that's not the reason for this call. We're on the clock and there's not a lot of time, so let's get to it."

"What's on your mind Bill?"

"We are interested in making a trade for Anthony Spencer."

*Jason Garrett composes himself while Jerry tells him to "shhhhh"....*

"Well he's a guy we placed our Franchise Tag on because we value him highly."

"We were hoping to land an OLB here in the first, but it looks like the run on them has decreased our options. So we're prepared to offer you, this pick along with our 3rd round pick (31st in the round) for Spencer and your 4th round pick."

"Give me a second to discuss this, while I put you on mute."

"Just a few seconds Jerry, our time is ticking."

Jerry: Guys if we take a look at our board, there are things we can really do with this 1st and 3rd they are offering.

Jason: I'll leave this call up to Rob. Spencer is his guy, and he really was the supporting factor for us using the tag on him.

Rob: Well, hot diggy dog!!! I get a say here, huh? Hmmm....

Stephen: We need to consider the cap savings here. If we trade Spencer, then we don't have to pay him the amount of the Franchise tag.

Rob: Say no more, I see a guy on the board that I want BADLY!

Jerry: OK, then it's a go. Let's see what Bill will say to this counter proposal I have.

*unmute*

"Bill, we really hate to lose a player of Anthony Spencer's caliber. Would you accept our 4th round compensatory pick instead of our 4th round pick?"

*Hesitantly*

"Alright Jerry, you have a deal. Our 1st and 3rd for Spencer and your 4th round comp."

"It's always nice doing business with you Bill. Thank you for Dez Bryant."

*Click....dial tone...*
Old 03-07-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

LOVE IT, peace out Spencer!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2012 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 1 (Part V)

Commission Goddell: With the 31st pick of the NFL draft the New England Patriots have made a trade with the Dallas Cowboys... the Cowboys have a couple minutes left on the clock.

Irvin: "Woooooooa! Ma man Jerry! Doin' it again. This is a nice surprise for Cowboys fans!"

Mayock: "You gotta love how aggressive Jerry is in the draft. If there's a guy he really wants, he usually tends to find a way to get it done. He did it with Anthony Spencer by trading back into Round 1, and he did it with Dez Bryant by making a trade with New England to land him. I really thought they were gonna trade up for Patrick Peterson last year, but they did well by drafting Tyron Smith."

Schefter has tweeted the details of the trade.... "NE 1st & 3rd for Anthony Spencer & 4th rnd comp pick"

Kiper: "Wow, that is a real interesting trade for both sides. The Patriots must have gone to Plan B once guys like Ingram, Perry, Mercilus, Branch and Jones were taken off the board in front of them. Spencer has kind of underwhelmed in Dallas but he's sneaky good. Belichick loves to take on veteran projects like these. He's done it over and over again... squeezing more out of players than previous regimes had failed to do.

For the Cowboys, losing Spencer leaves a huge hole opposite of Ware, so it will be interesting to see if they can find a replacement that the Patriots didn't feel like they could do. I'll withhold judgement for now."

With the 31st pick of the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Linebacker Dont'a Hightower, Alabama.

Big body and strong build, is a very physical player with the frame to disrupt plays at the line of scrimmage, 4.68-40 at the combine was impressive for a thumping, 265 pound middle linebacker... Is not afraid of contact and is very intense on the field and at practice, can make explosive hits... Does not get out of position often, is rarely fooled by misdirection plays... Good at taking on blockers and not getting pushed away from plays, maintains hand control when being blocked, which allows him to get a hand on the ball carrier with a blocker in his face... Has experience blitzing off the edge, adequate at bull-rushing blockers into the backfield... Is good at using big frame to plug running lanes and take on blockers in the hole... Good leadership qualities, has the respect of his teammates for attitude both on and off the field... Diligent in the film room, knows where he is supposed to be and generally maintains responsibilities...

Read more: http://www.sidelinescouting.com/rank...#ixzz1oTiM7qwY

Berman: "I really like this pick up for the Cowboys. Their leadership was questioned on defense by their own players this offseason and Hightower, a team captain was the heart and soul of that stiffling Bama championship defense. Cowboys just got a lot meaner and tougher with this pick up."

McShay: "I can't say that I'm a big fan of this selection. The Cowboys just drafted Bruce Carter in the 2nd round last year and he hasn't been given the time to show what he can do. I've heard reports that Carter has bulked up and is more ready to contribute next season."

Kiper: "That's funny, Todd. You have to look at the whole picture here. Hightower will be moved all around in Rob Ryan's exotic defense. There are less than a handful of players in this draft who are as versatile as Hightower. He's known for being a major run stuffing inside linebacker who can shed blocks with ease, but just like Saban utilized him in their 3-4 defense as an OLB on passing downs, I can see Rob Ryan upping it up a notch moving Hightower all over the field from ILB to OLB, heck, I wouldn't put it out of the question to play him as a 5 tech in Rob's defense."

McShay: "Yeah, but this doesn't solve the hole they have for letting Anthony Spencer go."

Kiper: "Of course not, but we're still in Round 1 Todd. The stability the Cowboys have at ILB alone is worth this pick and that's why I like it. Sean Lee has had his share of battles with injury and Bruce Carter hasn't proven to be fully recovered in his own right. This is a rock solid pick up for the Cowboys."

32. New York Giants select TE Colby Fleener, Stanford.
-- Giants are happy to hit on Fleener who has been on their radar for quite a while.

* END OF ROUND 1*

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I love how you think D. Hightower is a pick that most people upfront would frown upon because we gave up Spencer leaving a hole at OLB. But like you commented, Rob moves his LB's all around and Hightower can blitz. Damn, I'm excited. Why can't this be real???
Old 03-07-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I love how you think D. Hightower is a pick that most people upfront would frown upon because we gave up Spencer leaving a hole at OLB. But like you commented, Rob moves his LB's all around and Hightower can blitz. Damn, I'm excited. Why can't this be real???
If you think there is anything too extraordinary let me know. I've been trying to keep it real, while still putting my own spin on things.

ie. Of course I would've tried to give us Mario Williams if I thought the Cowboys would be really serious about him.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I think that trade is fair for both parties. As much as I'd love it to happen, I'm not sure if we'd pull the trigger on it. I would, but I'm just a fan.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excuse me if I am wrong.... I was under the belief that a compensatory pick was not able to be traded from team to team. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that I haven't seen it ever happen before.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Excuse me if I am wrong.... I was under the belief that a compensatory pick was not able to be traded from team to team. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that I haven't seen it ever happen before.
Wikipedia says you're right

************.answers.com/Q/Can_a_NFL_team_trade_a_compensatory_draft_pick

And Wiki is NEVER wrong...LOL
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

2012 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 2 (Part I)

Commission Goddell: With the 33rd pick of the draft the...

33. St. Louis Rams select DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan St..
-- Jeff Fisher values beef in the middle of his DL.

34. Indianapolis Colts select WR Ruben Randle, LSU.
-- Luck is to Manning and Randle is to Wayne.

35. Minnesota Vikings select S Mark Barron, Alabama.
-- Vikings scoop up the fallen safety prospect.

36. Tampa Bay Buccanneers select WR Mohammed Sanu, Rutgers.
-- Sanu joins his college coach in Tampa Bay.

37. Cleveland Browns select WR Alshon Jeffrey, South Carolina.
-- Cleveland has yet to find a stud WR. Here's another shot in the dark.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars select RB Lamar Miller, Miami.
-- Jaguars cannot be solely reliable on MJD.

39. Cleveland Browns (via WAS) select QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan State.
-- The QB hunt continues...

40. Carolina Panthers select CB Josh Robinson, UCF.
-- The blazing fast cornerback attracts the Panthers attention.

41. Buffalo Bills select OLB Zach Brown, North Carolina.
-- Dave Wandsted has taken over and will use Brown in his transition back to the 4-3.

42. Miami Dolphins select QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma St..
-- The result of losing out on the Peyton Manning Sweepstakes.

43. Seattle Seahawks select DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson.
-- Replacement for Red Bryant who exits in FA.

44. Kansas City Chiefs select RB David Wilson, Virginia Tech.
-- Didn't get to select Trent Richardson, but Wilson is a hog too.

45. Dallas Cowboys select Alfo.....

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-08-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think your right...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Great pick up! Thanks. OK, just consider it a done deal for our 4th rounder instead.

Late 1st and Late 3rd for Spencer and a mid 4th. I think is within realm of reason.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Predictions on this pick?