Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Whos Best???
Cadallic Williams 29 25.89%
Ronnie Brown 68 60.71%
Brandon Jacobs 15 13.39%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZyOCei_s1z0

After BBDs post I'm not getting involved....

It definitely should be a lot closer, that's all I have to say. Caddy didn't win ROY for nothing....

3000th post!....APPLAUSE

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 04-09-2007 at 09:01 PM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Hm... nice analysis.
lol, thanks.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I'll go with Brown and Cadillac as a tie with Jacobs last. I think its too early to call it, I'd have to see what Jacobs does after a full year and what Cadillac does with a better O-Line in front of him.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Right now, I'll go with Brown and Cadillac as a tie with Jacobs last. I think its too early to call it, I'd have to see what Jacobs does after a full year and what Cadillac does with a better O-Line in front of him.
All of em have a lot to prove.

Jacobs hasn't gotten significant carries his whole career yet. He doesn't hit the hole fast, runs too high, and often tries to do too much which leads to fumbles and people stripping the ball from him. That could also lead to durablity issues. He's not the best at pass blocking or catching either. Very raw.

Cadillac needs to show he can hold up a full season, and needs better oline play

Ronnie needs to show better vision, and needs better oline play.

Right now, I think all 3 aren't guarantees heading into the season. Although I like Ronnie's physical ability the most, and Cadillac's natural running ability.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Ronnie Brown has been the best so far, he hasnít been as good as I thought but Brown has been pretty solid and I think he is ready for that break out season.

2. Brandon Jacobs has been awesome as the #2 RB, this upcoming season is going to be big for him and I honestly believe he can be the #1 RB the Giants need.

3. Cadillac Williams has been rather disappointing its not like heís a bust or anything he still has time to turn it around, he just has to stay healthy. But can he?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post

3. Cadillac Williams has been rather disappointing its not like he’s a bust or anything he still has time to turn it around, he just has to stay healthy. But can he?
Okay, being the rookie of the year is disappointing? What has Jacobs done? What accolades does Ronnie Brown have?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Cedric Benson.
He does have flame tatoos on his arms after all. That's gotta count for something.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He does have flame tatoos on his arms after all. That's gotta count for something.
You think you guys will draft a skatback in later rounds? Benson doesn't have breakaway speed.

I noticed Thomas Jones speed was key sometimes. He'd come in and make a big play. Benson doesn't have that ability.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You think you guys will draft a skatback in later rounds? Benson doesn't have breakaway speed.

I noticed Thomas Jones speed was key sometimes. He'd come in and make a big play. Benson doesn't have that ability.
Benson actually has more long yardage plays per run than Jones. Jones is often stereotyped as the shift breakaway back and Benson as the grinder but neither is really all that accurate.

As for when we will draft a runningback, that's the 45 dollar question. Any chance they get the brass talks about how much they like AP and how excited they are to have him as the #2. While he's done well when given a chance, his upside is pretty limited. If Darius Walker or Kenny Irons are available in the late 3rd I would probably bite depending on what else is available.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how any one could put Brandon Jacobs any better then 3rd out of the three.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Benson actually has more long yardage plays per run than Jones. Jones is often stereotyped as the shift breakaway back and Benson as the grinder but neither is really all that accurate.

As for when we will draft a runningback, that's the 45 dollar question. Any chance they get the brass talks about how much they like AP and how excited they are to have him as the #2. While he's done well when given a chance, his upside is pretty limited. If Darius Walker or Kenny Irons are available in the late 3rd I would probably bite depending on what else is available.
That stat is misleading though. Benson didn't have enough carries to really bring down his YPC.

Jacobs has a huge YPC too. But thats naturally not his true worth.

Is AP a change of pace guy? Or another bruiser?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think without the injury concerns Caddy would be number 1 on the list. However that may be the homer in me speaking.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That stat is misleading though. Benson didn't have enough carries to really bring down his YPC.

Jacobs has a huge YPC too. But thats naturally not his true worth.

Is AP a change of pace guy? Or another bruiser?
No it's not YPC, it's long runs per average run. You could say that more runs would balance it out, I dunno, but Benson per run breaks more long runs. Their YPC were the same.

I dunno what AP is. He's just pretty good at everything but not good at anything. I guess you could call him a grinder as he set the record for most yards rushed for in college at Georgia Southern. I like him cause he's tough and has pretty good hands out of the backfield.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
No it's not YPC, it's long runs per average run. You could say that more runs would balance it out, I dunno, but Benson per run breaks more long runs. Their YPC were the same.

I dunno what AP is. He's just pretty good at everything but not good at anything. I guess you could call him a grinder as he set the record for most yards rushed for in college at Georgia Southern. I like him cause he's tough and has pretty good hands out of the backfield.
If thats the case, I don't see you guys going after a RB.

I wouldn't be surprised if you invest in some Cover 2 CBs since your guys are coming into a contract year.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can we wait untill these guys have all played a couple years? jacobs and benson havent had the chance to start. All 4 are very talented, but its pretty hard to judge 2 years into a guys' career- if we did phill simms and terry bradshaw wouldn't be in a booth with shiny rings
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Jacobs plays as well as he did in the limited carries he got, then he'd be it. But with his running style it's questionable how long he'd last through a full season. Until he proves anything, then he'll be last out of the three.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact Williams can’t stay healthy is what’s disappointing (that’s why he isn’t great..yet), and he needs to get that 3.8 avg a carrie up he’s better than that, like I said he has time to turn it around. I’ve heard a few people bring up the B word and that’s ridiculous.

I'm just a bigger fan of Jacobs right now, I think he is going to have a huge season.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone says jacobs they are idiotic or a Giants for actually nevermind.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
If anyone says jacobs they are idiotic or a Giants for actually nevermind.
Esp if u think Peterson, Lynch, my mom has an upright running style. Please.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wonder if all the Ronnie Brown votes are because he was drafted first....

My issue with Ronnie is he lacks great vision. For all his ability, he could be better.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Both have proved to be better than Jacobs. Jacobs is good for 10 carries a gayme. But once people actually hit him, which for me wouldnt be a problem, he will quickly lose that *** ******, 5th grade 190 lber style of running. It hasnt worked ever for anyone. Esp. Brandon Stokley i mean Jacobs.
Quote:
Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

But I'll hate being right again 9 months from now when he has 700 yrds rushing and Droughns starts over him
Quote:
Old 04-09-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ronnie, cad, jacob. But i dont like any of them to be honest. I dont like their run styles, I used to think Caddy was a speed back but he played like trash last year. Maybe TB should pick Joe Thomas, what happend to Mr.Clayton anyways.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

1-Brown
2-Cadillac
3-Jacobs

GRF, for the 100th time your threads are beyond ridiculous. Let's see if Jacobs can get through an entire year as the starter without getting hurt (which is my biggest fear of him).

Personally, I think he will be alright, he is working out with Tiki's trainer this year and has been taking yoga classes to work on his agility. But in the end, he is a bruiser and a very tall one at that and look no further than Eddie George to find out what happens to tall bruisers. I am afraid his legs are going to take a pounding but if he does stay on the field for 16 games, he is going to hurt a lot of people. But Brown and Caddy have proven more at this time, thus them being ranked ahead of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Um...I already stated that I have him rated 3rd...so whats your point?

Im not sold on Jacobs yet either. I will admit though, he has proved me wrong before.