Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-24-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Who had Alualu as a 2nd day pick? lolthem
Most everyone had him as a high 2nd rounder.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Further proof that TV and internet scouts are kinda clueless.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Most everyone had him as a high 2nd rounder.
Actually, I don't think the "high second round" tier exists, since basically anybody who grades out as a "high second round pick" could easily go in the 20s depending on a schematic fit and team needs.

Personally, I would say the talent tiers are: Elite, high 1st round, late 1st and high-mid 2nd round, mid-late 2nd and 3rd round, 4th and 5th round, Late round, Priority Free Agent.

This seems, to me at least, to actually correspond to where where there's a noticeable drop in talent most years. It's rare that the guy who's chosen, say 26th is significantly higher calibre than the guy who's chosen, say, 36th.

So Alualu wasn't really a guy who rocketed from the second round to the top 10, so much as he was a guy who went from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 01-24-2012 at 06:57 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Zach Brown... When this guy runs in the 4.5's he'll fly up the draft.
Am I the only one who when watching Zach Brown sees 1st Round athletic abililty but late round tackling and read/reaction skills?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Actually, I don't think the "high second round" tier exists, since basically anybody who grades out as a "high second round pick" could easily go in the 20s depending on a schematic fit and team needs.

Personally, I would say the talent tiers are: Elite, high 1st round, late 1st and high-mid 2nd round, mid-late 2nd and 3rd round, 4th and 5th round, Late round, Priority Free Agent.

This seems, to me at least, to actually correspond to where where there's a noticeable drop in talent most years. It's rare that the guy who's chosen, say 26th is significantly higher calibre than the guy who's chosen, say, 36th.

So Alualu wasn't really a guy who rocketed from the second round to the top 10, so much as he was a guy who went from the 3rd tier to the 2nd tier.
Based on your vague description, I would have to say that he jumped two tiers, or close to it. In that draft #10 might be considered elite. At the least he jumped a full tier, not just moved from one to the next.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Am I the only one who when watching Zach Brown sees 1st Round athletic abililty but late round tackling and read/reaction skills?
see Burfict, Vontaze.

J
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Based on your vague description, I would have to say that he jumped two tiers, or close to it. In that draft #10 might be considered elite. At the least he jumped a full tier, not just moved from one to the next.

J
I don't think there has ever been an NFL draft where the "elite" tier consisted of 10 players in the pre-draft run-up. Usually the "elite" tier is about 4 guys.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm not sure why people are naming guys who are pretty much consensus first rounders right now.

A 2nd/3rd round prospect who could be a solid first round pick....I could see Derek Wolfe possibly being that guy for a 34 team looking for a proven 5-tech.
Certainly not top 10 but he could slip into the first if he tears it up at the combine.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Vinny Curry.
Have to agree with this really red guy. I think Curry is going to be a stud until I'm wrong about it.

Last edited by SenorGato : 01-25-2012 at 03:49 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Who had Alualu as a 2nd day pick? lolthem
Nearly everyone had him as 2nd-3rd rounder.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ideas of very surprising picks:

Michael Floyd over Blackmon (maybe 6th to STL).

Cordy Glenn 11th overall to KC.

Coby Fleener 15th to Philly (or 18th to Chicago).

Mychal Kendricks could be a surprise first-round pick. I doubt top-10.

And Stephon Gilmore could be a surprise pick top-20 pick and go over Kirkpatrick. Maybe even as high as 9th to Carolina, 10th to Buffalo, 12th to Seattle, or 14th to Dallas.

Surprise first-rounders:

Brandon Weeden
Chris Givens
Brandon Washington
Nick Toon
Brock Oseweiler
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jaguars will probably do something stupid with that pick, it's just impossible to figure out what that is. Maybe Mercilus.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merge threads?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports saying the Jags had a private workout with LSU DT Michael Brockers. Fits as the NT in their defensive scheme, and they are known to reach for players. I could see the Jags thinking about trading up for Blackmon, but if they stay at 7 they will pick Brockers/Coples/Ingram.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could Bobby Massie be the guy who jumps from 2nd round pick to top 20 selection.

If he can play LT I could see some team pickinghim early.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
see Burfict, Vontaze.

J
vontaze has undrafted speed and reaction skills, 1st round tackleing
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also weeden at 22 makes sense
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chandler Jones - top 20

Cox and Mercilus - Top 10
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
BearTooth
Rookie

BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.

As my first post here, I'm going to say Stephen Gilmore.
BearTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Could Bobby Massie be the guy who jumps from 2nd round pick to top 20 selection.

If he can play LT I could see some team pickinghim early.
Yeah another really good candidate.

Anyone surprised by Fletcher Cox in the top 12 is cray.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearTooth View Post
Second corner taken
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BearTooth
Rookie

BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.

The reason I think Gilmore could surprise people in where he's taken is because he's going to appeal to every team in the NFL. Man teams, press teams, zone teams, teams who like bigger, more physical corners who can tackle. His cover and ball skills are not elite like Claiborne, but he might be more "well-rounded" than him. And he doesn't have the issues that Kirkpatrick has.
BearTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncorey View Post
vontaze has undrafted speed and reaction skills, 1st round tackleing
Hitting maybe, His tackling is mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncorey View Post
also weeden at 22 makes sense
Too much sense to fit here. I have mocked him there for weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearTooth View Post
This one works. Gilmore in the top half definitely would shock a lot of people.

J