Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Lord_Anubis
Rookie

Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.Lord_Anubis is a cocksman.

Step right up Trent Edwards

<Booooo

I would have preferred J. Campbell
Lord_Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do you still wanna draft Burfict knowing the guy is fat as **** and running 4.94's when Kuechly is running 4.5's and is a tackling machine? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that has always bothered me about Luke is this, He doesn't stand people up. He drags people down by the hips and in the NFL people are going to run through him. He combine showing does nothing to change my mind about him. I still do not want him nothing has changed my mind on that.

Although now Yeah taze is only worth a 5th maybe 6th rounder as a roll of the dice he gets his crap together type. I said he had to impress and he didn't. Going into pre combine I had him as a third and he failed.

I still want a veteran MLB in the off season. I think Floyd is now gone top ten and probably Poe. With Jenkins reworking his contract I am not sure if DT is a huge need 1st round. There is so much in the air about Desean and Asante so I really am not sure where the eagles will look first or where they should. We may by the time everything is said and done have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. (( thinking high second for Desean and a low second early third for Asante as that seems to be the buzz at the moment. May get more for Desean if we get a few teams in a biding war))
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still believe Eagles will pick a two gap DT first before taking a LB. The wide 9 will work if they have the right people. Don't be surprised if the Eagles take Poe.

The Lions run the wide 9, but have big DT that require a double team. If the eagles have someone that can do that, then you have your Lbs free to make plays. A good MLB is still a need, but the big boy that comes in front of him is much more crucial.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell might be a good sign, I forgot he is a FA.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I still believe Eagles will pick a two gap DT first before taking a LB. The wide 9 will work if they have the right people. Don't be surprised if the Eagles take Poe.

The Lions run the wide 9, but have big DT that require a double team. If the eagles have someone that can do that, then you have your Lbs free to make plays. A good MLB is still a need, but the big boy that comes in front of him is much more crucial.
Oh if Poe falls to us and we take him I would go nuts in a good way. Back when it was the Ngata and Bunkly draft I was hoping and praying that the Eagles would trade up two spots jump Baltimore and take Ngata. We have enough experience with Jenkins and Patterson that we can give him a year to learn and bring him in slow. Do I think he is he next Ngata I don't know but the possibility is there.

Right now Poe and Floyd are my dream picks at the 16 spot and would be happy if we trade up for either. I think Jackson is as good as gone.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Soo on another note what does everyone think of Plax and his desire to come to Philly. I love the idea gives us a big red zone target.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Psshh, over the hill. His game was speed, and body. Now its all body, he can't separate from the Cb unless that ball is thrown in that precise area where he is long enough to reach for it. I guess the only reason he would want to play for Vick is so when the play breaks down he can be there for the jump ball?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles are interested in a guy like Plax (which we can assume they're not with DeSean being Franchised), why not go after a guy like Vincent Jackson, instead? Similar type of player, I'd say even better right now, has better speed than Plax does at this point, while still having the height/leaping ability. More valuable all around the field than Plax is. That being said, I don't think the Eagles will be going after any big FA WRs.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Plax would be a great fit personally. D Jax and Maclin are far from good red zone threats and Plax would be a good option in the slot and give us a 2nd reliable target with Celek inside the 25.

With that being said, reading rumors saying the eagles are targeting Dan Connor as a free agent...would lovvvvvvvvvve it.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to target a FA MLB: Stephen Tulloch, Curtis Lofton, David Hawthorne. Djax should be traded for being a punk and dogging it all year, I take his replacement Stephen Hill in the 1st. Then Brandon Thompson and Mychal Kendricks in the 2nd.
PhillyBirds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Either way if we keep Desean or trade him I agree with sick. He would address what we need a big red zone threat.

I think we can get Dan much cheaper then Tullloch and much more so then Lofton. Both look like they will probably hit FA unless something changes as neither got tagged. I know we are pushing the limits of what we can spend with some big contracts coming up. I know that Connor is a bit green but has the ability. But is Lofton worth spending that much more on with everything else?

Just going to say this much, next week is gonna be interesting.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

With the wide 9 scheme the guys we put in front of the linebackers are so much more important. I like the idea of getting a serviceable guy like Connor who is going to make plays, Lofton would be too much of a risk because he is a huge contract and with guys like Shady and Maclin coming into contract years here soon we need to keep room for them. Connor would be cheaper so we sign him and then take a guy like Brockers/Still/Cox/ etc to put in front of them with guys like Patterson and Jenkins and we are looking pretty good.

I would even be down to take a flyer on a WLB like Zach Brown unless we can get him in the 2nd.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Free Agency approaching, what are you guys looking for right now? Isee the push for a MLB like Connor or Tulloch, but what I think is being overlooked here is Evan Mathis' contract is up (as is Winston Justice). I'm not a huge fan of his, he is solid, but could definitely be upgraded, with the FA crop of O-linemen out there. If the Saints keep dicking around with Brees, they will lose more than him, they could lose guys like Nicks and Colston, both which interest me. Nicks moreso that Colston, I think his style of play would work great in Philly, I've been a fan of his since he was drafted, and if he were to hit FA, he would be a great addition to the OL, and would basically fill the only hole in our O-line. He has the skillset to play either guard, as does Watkins, so it really wouldn't matter where you put them. With a FA addition like Nicks, our O-line is contending for tops in the league, and if you put him at LG, that is a top 3 LT/LG combo in the league, if not #1.

Either way, I'm interested to see what happens with him in NO, and regardless of that, I'm interested to see where the Eagles stand on Mathis, and whether or not they want him back, or are looking for a replacement, either in FA or the draft.

If the team is honest with its plans on bringing DeSean back, I don't see us going after any FA WRs, past smaller signings for depth and TC competition. Hell, even if he gets traded (which I don't think is as likely as some people seem to think) I don't think we go after a FA WR, unless Plax would really be willing to play for cheap.

At LB, it seems like there is lots of noise about the Eagles going after at least one of the FA MLBs. I'd like a guy like Connor, though he wouldn't really be all that much of an upgrade over Chaney. I do have a higher opinion of Chaney than most, however, even if I didn't, I doubt that'd change my opinion on this.

Really, I see the Eagles really only being players for LBs and maybe a guard, depending on what they do with Mathis. However, if DeSean, or Asante woud be traded (Asante moreso) that frees up more cap space, that I think they'd be able to sign an OL like Nicks (there's some other options out there, but he's my favorite one right now) as well as a MLB, and maybe even a WR.

As it stands, I don't see the Eagles signing any more than two "big" names in FA, those being some sort of variation of a LB/OL/WR.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Ideally, for me, the Eagles offseason would look something like

Sign:
Carl Nicks
Vincent Jackson/Marques Colston
Dan Connor/Stephen Tulloch

Trade DeSean for something like a 2nd and a fifth
Keep Asante, he's still playing at a high level, despite age.

If someone would offer up something crazy in terms of value for Asante, I say go for it, but otherwise keep him.

Then draft a guy like Poe or Kirkpatrick in the first (probably have to move up for Poe) and then CB/DT in the second, depending on which one was drafted.

But then again, that's an ideal one, and they never go this way, but they're fun to think about.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Ideally, for me, the Eagles offseason would look something like

Sign:
Carl Nicks
Vincent Jackson/Marques Colston
Dan Connor/Stephen Tulloch

Trade DeSean for something like a 2nd and a fifth
Keep Asante, he's still playing at a high level, despite age.

If someone would offer up something crazy in terms of value for Asante, I say go for it, but otherwise keep him.

Then draft a guy like Poe or Kirkpatrick in the first (probably have to move up for Poe) and then CB/DT in the second, depending on which one was drafted.

But then again, that's an ideal one, and they never go this way, but they're fun to think about.
Very "madden" like.

We only take Kirkpatrick if Asante is out. Makes no sense otherwise, Poe is a workout warrior and nothing else. His film does nothing and a lack of production in the C-USA is alarming. I would love Nicks, but to get a guy like Nicks AND V-Jax or Colston would be very tough especially with Shady and Maclin coming into contract years.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Very "madden" like.

We only take Kirkpatrick if Asante is out. Makes no sense otherwise, Poe is a workout warrior and nothing else. His film does nothing and a lack of production in the C-USA is alarming. I would love Nicks, but to get a guy like Nicks AND V-Jax or Colston would be very tough especially with Shady and Maclin coming into contract years.
Definitely Madden like, lol, that's why its ideal, lol. Definitely agree about Kirkpatrick, I should have prefaced it with "only if Asante is traded". My post before that is a more accurate depiction of what I think might happen. Get one or two of the combiniation of Nicks/Connor/Tulloch/V. Jackson/Colston/Plax (once again, WRs only a possibility if DeSean is traded) and save the rest of the cap for the draft picks and the upcoming ending contracts of DeSean/Maclin/Shady. We have something like 18-19 mil in cap space, and I'd imagine if one or two of them were signed we'd have 8 mil or so left on this year's cap. Now that's not enough for signing all three of our young guys, but with rumors of the cap going up most likely being true, I see at least two of those three being back and signed to longer contracts.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Well one thing is IF we get Asante off the books we will get over 10 million in cap space. He is 10.5 this year and 12.5 next year. If we do keep him we need to restructure his contract. I forgot Maclin was on a 5 year so his doesn't come up till a year after Shady's. Also I am content with Namdi, DRC Marsh Hanson and Lindly as CB's Maybe look at one 3rd or later but I wouldnt take a premium pick on one.

Here is my dream offseason

Resign Mathis
Sign Tulloch via FA the more i think about it the more it makes sense. Lofton is a better 2 down player but he saves us some money and a better 3rd down option.
Sign Plax for 3rd down and red zone production.

Trade Desean for a early 2nd I would just say for sake of making this make sense getting the early 2nd from CLE.

Draft Floyd in the first
Draft the best DT still on the board first 2nd
Draft Fleener/Allen with the 2nd 2nd
Draft Audie Cole/Bobby Wagner 3rd 2nd round pick
Draft George Iolka 3rd round

We have alot of room with what we will be loosing as of big back loaded contracts coming up.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the DeSean signing means we have to be going LB or DT first round right? Assuming we resign Mathis.
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

or Guard or S or T.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Yeah I though Jackson was as good as gone, I would like to see if they bring in anyone or are we just gonna stay with what we have and try to add during the draft. I know the price on MLB's are going down as Tampa shunned the Lofton asking price which does help us some.

Also sounds like we are trying to wrap up shady long term too.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
Yeah I though Jackson was as good as gone, I would like to see if they bring in anyone or are we just gonna stay with what we have and try to add during the draft. I know the price on MLB's are going down as Tampa shunned the Lofton asking price which does help us some.

Also sounds like we are trying to wrap up shady long term too.
As well we should. Hopefully this doesnt mean that we will not be able to resign Maclin.

I really dont feel the need to give a bunch of money to Lofton, I'd be happy with Dan Connor and then making some type of play to get Zach Brown to play the Will.

Quote:
Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

Sick you do know that Maclin has 2 years left right not just one? I mean we should pay the man but its not like we have to even franchise him at the end of next season
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I know that, but still...there is going to be a number of players with big deals by the time we have to pay Maclin.

Aso
Vick
Shady
Maclin
Jenkins
DRC
Cole
Babin

Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Vicks not going to be here.

Mac will be signed this year, mid season.
Shady will get done mid season.

Jenkins is out
DRC who knows verdict is still out
Cole same as DRC

Babin won't be around for another contract.

Usually players they like they give them mid year deals. But if the Eagles don't go deep playoffs like NFCC game I think we have seen the last of Andy.