Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And maybe try to use our 6'6 WR to out jump a smaller CB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 year deal, 5th year option for TT.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I felt like we did a much better job checking down in the playoffs than the regular season. I don't know if the stats reflect it but I seem to remember more Hynoski, Pascoe, Bradshaw, Jacobs, Ware passes during the stretch run.
Yeah I remember those, but those were quicker. I am talking when your going back, no pass rush, and he is sitting there bouncing for like 5 seconds, and no one is open. The usual routes or come backs or side line routes then. I kinda wish, we had a shorter route there. Maybe have all the WRs then run 9 routes and go upfield once they run their routes.

Do something I guess is my point, preferably a shorter route.

JUG,

Yeah one big time knock on Gilbride is that our situational play calling 3rd down and red zone is poor. 9-0 on the pats, and we have a shot to bury them, and we call bush league plays. I HATE that draw.

Such a big difference between the Payton, Brees we are passing and putting our foot on your throat vs our bush league stuff we run. I just want us to put away opponents! Is it illegal to actually run up the score if need be? I am not saying 62 points, but damn, we had a shot to go 16-0 on the Pats and settled for FGs.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
JUG,

Yeah one big time knock on Gilbride is that our situational play calling 3rd down and red zone is poor. 9-0 on the pats, and we have a shot to bury them, and we call bush league plays. I HATE that draw.

Such a big difference between the Payton, Brees we are passing and putting our foot on your throat vs our bush league stuff we run. I just want us to put away opponents! Is it illegal to actually run up the score if need be? I am not saying 62 points, but damn, we had a shot to go 16-0 on the Pats and settled for FGs.
We weren't in the red zone to go up 16-0 on the Pats. At least I don't think we were. We didn't go up 16-0 because of the BS hold on Boothe that ruined that one drive.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
We weren't in the red zone to go up 16-0 on the Pats. At least I don't think we were. We didn't go up 16-0 because of the BS hold on Boothe that ruined that one drive.
No, not that drive. That was going right to left. I think this was going left to right on your tv.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
No, not that drive. That was going right to left. I think this was going left to right on your tv.
No such drive exists.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And maybe try to use our 6'6 WR to out jump a smaller CB.
NO!
you're going to take a shotgun draw to Ware and you are going to like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$23-$24 mil for Thomas. $11-12 guaranteed. Way more than I thought it would me. They must really feel fine with this ability to recover.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
NO!
you're going to take a shotgun draw to Ware and you are going to like it
I actually love those draws that Eli calls into. They end up working most of the time. It's the other run plays that are lacking.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
$23-$24 mil for Thomas. $11-12 guaranteed. Way more than I thought it would me. They must really feel fine with this ability to recover.
There may be some sort of team friendly opt out after year 1 to guard against him not coming back from the ACL fully.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Holy crap that is alot more then I thought. Figured he would get the Kiwi show me type deal.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No such drive exists.
I'll have to check when I am done studying. It resulted in a FG. I know one was the ROb N. sack with Bradshaw wide open in tow. That was going from left to right. I thought there were more. I thought there was another drive where we stalled out. I don't remember the score or cirumstance.

However, my point is the killer instinct to put teams away. We were ahead of Dallas 21-0 and then on top of the Jets but someone teams get closer on us. I remember and this is in general after we get ahead we tend to put things on cruise control, rather than stick to what got us the lead.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zak's right, with that kind of deal, we must feel he's really healthy and recovering well. WHICH, is awesome, meaning we've got 3 damn good CB's
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I'll have to check when I am done studying. It resulted in a FG. I know one was the ROb N. sack with Bradshaw wide open in tow. That was going from left to right. I thought there were more. I thought there was another drive where we stalled out. I don't remember the score or cirumstance.

However, my point is the killer instinct to put teams away. We were ahead of Dallas 21-0 and then on top of the Jets but someone teams get closer on us. I remember and this is in general after we get ahead we tend to put things on cruise control, rather than stick to what got us the lead.
We didn't score another point after going up 9-0 until was 17-9 Patriots.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I actually love those draws that Eli calls into. They end up working most of the time. It's the other run plays that are lacking.
They used to be money when we had a god like offensive line. That's where Snee would down block the 1 T and O'hara used to fold and block the Mike. I did countless game break downs where we ran that. But different OL, and the play is not as effective as it was before.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We didn't score another point after going up 9-0 until was 17-9 Patriots.
That sounds right.. 9-0... 17-9.. 17-12...17-15...21-17

That's it how it went, right? I think I was drunker than I thought.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
That sounds right.. 9-0... 17-9.. 17-12...17-15...21-17

That's it how it went, right? I think I was drunker than I thought.
It might have been for when we settled for one of the second half FGs but we were behind by then.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

That might have been it. But this was a happened a lot throughout the season. I will have to document this this year. When I did do game breakdowns I took good notes so I had all that stuff.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are really the most impatient person here BBD. Yankees fan like.
I just don't see it with Baas. Even during his "better" games, I saw him get abused in the run game. He's just not that great.

Quote:
LOL. That's why I blame BBD for the problems in the world, for example global warming.

On another note, that's why we delegate him to the defensive side of the ball!

BBD! Let's see what the center can do with a full off season and such. Maybe the whole OL can get their act together. Let's see how he does this season with a full off season.
It's one thing to miss your assignments, which he does all the time. But on top of that, he's regularly losing his 1 on 1 matchups, and that's unacceptable. That's not a chemistry problem. That's a sucking ass problem.

Quote:
The offense isn't built to score via the pass in the red zone. I've been saying this forever. You just have to accept it. We aren't going to change the plays to be like the Siants. To be more efficient in the red zone, we need to improve our offensive line.
Most offenses aren't. It's simple, if you can't run the ball, you're going to have a poor redzone offense. You have to be able to run in the redzone to score touchdowns.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
It's one thing to miss your assignments, which he does all the time. But on top of that, he's regularly losing his 1 on 1 matchups, and that's unacceptable. That's not a chemistry problem. That's a sucking ass problem.
Well you had NO off season, hurt, and because of that it messes everything up. You can't practice your assignments on certain pass pro calls, AND thus your chemistry can't be developed. Towards the end he played a lot better AND no must take that next step with a FULL off season. So grade him off of that. That's more of an accurate read BBD with little patience.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Most offenses aren't. It's simple, if you can't run the ball, you're going to have a poor redzone offense. You have to be able to run in the redzone to score touchdowns.
You could do other things, but we just don't. The Saints run all kind of picks in the red zone so Brees can get the ball out in 2 seconds to a wide open man.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You could do other things, but we just don't. The Saints run all kind of picks in the red zone so Brees can get the ball out in 2 seconds to a wide open man.
Lance Moore. Victor Cruz is good (i don't think he's as good at getting free in such a small area), but with Colston and Graham being legit red zone threats you cannot dictate the coverage to him.

Kevin Boss and Steve Smith would be very good adds imo. Smith was actually pretty fast, we just didnt use him that way often (he ran a 4.4). If we add both of these guys, who know the system already. Mario just didn't win 1 on 1's as often as he should've and hardly ever caught the ball at its highest point.

If we add both of them for minimal contracts, we fill two positions of need with players who can contribute immediately. Its not like drafting a rookie. So we can focus on other positions such as RB, LB, and OL.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I'd like to see, if Nicks is matched up one on one on the outside, throw him a damn screen. He's big and strong enough to fight off a defender from 5 yards out. I think that needs to be utilized more. all over the field too, not just in the red zone
Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

via garafolo's twitter we brought back tryon and coe. along with a scrub TE and OL i never heard of.

Looks like our corners are set with Webster-Prince-TT-Bruce-Tryon-Coe
Quote:
Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Looks like our corners are set with Webster-Prince-TT-Bruce-Tryon-Coe
I am more than fine with that group, I really like Bruce and Tryon.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote