Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-16-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unfortunately he appears to be another practice squad hopeful...
i wanted the coaches to give the younguns more snaps last year but most of our fresh interior oline didn't get enough reps imo...
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I know Carlson was a high pick, but how has he been in Seattle? Either way it's awesome to bring a good small town Minnesota boy home.
Carlson did really well his rookie year, but has battled injuries and wasn't a good fit with Pete Carroll's system. He is a very good athlete and should be productive if he can stay healthy.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, been away. Few thoughts

- Guion coming back is a bit surprising at that price, but if he can play NT, it's worth it. I know the Vikings like him a lot, his quick burst off the ball is unteachable. Just a matter of consistency.

- Carlson signing seems a bit odd, but as someone mentioned, the garbage TE class definitely factored into this. We'll see how it works out.

- I will never forgive the Vikings for winning at Washington this year, preventing us from getting that absolute haul that the Rams picked up.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏
@TomPelissero
Per a source, #Vikings will host fullback Jerome Felton on a visit tomorrow. A guy they've coveted for a while.
Would be a nice signing. D'Imperio had a couple solid plays, but was far from consistent enough and we could have used a good FB for a long time.

I'd be worried about Erin Henderson not re-signing yet, but really none of the FA LB have signed yet, so I'm not too worried yet. Sounds like he's getting a bit impatient, so maybe that could even help us out as long as we don't wait too long that he gets upset by it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw on twitter that Ted Ginn Jr is at the facilities today for a visit. If we could get him cheap enough he would be a good slot guy for us and also return guy. I'd still like to see us go for a big receiver in the draft though. Maybe Alshon Jeffery falls to us in the 2nd.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Just saw on twitter that Ted Ginn Jr is at the facilities today for a visit. If we could get him cheap enough he would be a good slot guy for us and also return guy. I'd still like to see us go for a big receiver in the draft though. Maybe Alshon Jeffery falls to us in the 2nd.
I would like to have ginn, it would allow Percy focus soley on offense & the Vikes have been missing a good Punt Returner since Mewelde left... Just saw on twitter that the Vikes signed Jerome Felton.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 03-20-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I would like to have ginn, it would allow Percy to focus soley on offense & the Vikes have been missing a good Punt Returner since Mewelde left... Just saw on twitter that the Vikes signed Jerome Felton.
Good Signing. We finally have a decent Fullback. Should help out AD and Toby. I hope we sign Ginn as well. He would be a great addition on our special teams.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Good Signing. We finally have a decent Fullback. Should help out AD and Toby. I hope we sign Ginn as well. He would be a great addition on our special teams.
A good fullback is nice to have, especially at the goal line, but it's not a major part of the Vikings offense these days. And AD has said he prefers not to have a FB in front of him.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
A good fullback is nice to have, especially at the goal line, but it's not a major part of the Vikings offense these days. And AD has said he prefers not to have a FB in front of him.
Didn't Toby play with a FB in front of him a lot at Stanford? Maybe this move is a "just in case AP starts on the pup" signing. If Toby is our #1 for the start of the year, and he feels more comfortable with a FB, then we need quality play from our FB for at least 6 weeks.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Pelissero just said the Vikings are expected to release Remi Ayodele.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was just about to post this.

EDIT: Sucks that we paid him good money for nothing.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Sucks that we paid him good money for nothing.
Ya the writing was on the wall for him when they resigned Guion and publicly stated they like him as the NT this year. Perhaps this is a sign we may target a rotational DT earlier in the draft?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

The Vikes also got Geoff Schwartz on a 1 year deal.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Quote:
The Vikes also got Geoff Schwartz on a 1 year deal.
I thought I read he was talking contract with the 49ers today? Wonder what we did to pull him out of there. Possibly offered him a better shot at starting? So if that is the case...

Kalil/Johnson/Sullivan/Schwartz/Loadholt

Not the best line by any means, but should provide better protection than we had last year.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I'm quite surprised it was a one year deal, given that he's only 25, but maybe he wanted that and we were the only team to give him that? Maybe it gives him a chance to show he's healthy and then go out and get a nice contract next year...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
I thought I read he was talking contract with the 49ers today? Wonder what we did to pull him out of there. Possibly offered him a better shot at starting? So if that is the case...

Kalil/Johnson/Sullivan/Schwartz/Loadholt

Not the best line by any means, but should provide better protection than we had last year.
Yea I think he went with the Vikes because he has a good shot at starting at RG. Also I believe Jeff Davidson was his former O-line coach in Carolina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb

I'm quite surprised it was a one year deal, given that he's only 25, but maybe he wanted that and we were the only team to give him that? Maybe it gives him a chance to show he's healthy and then go out and get a nice contract next year...

I think you hit the nail on the head.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Well hopefully he is motivated this year and plays very well for us and earns a nice contract next offseason. If he plays well I would be fine with giving him a 4-5 year contract after this year, presuming he doesn't expect top guard money.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

CB Chris Carr is scheduled to Visit the Vikings according to Jason LaCanfora.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Ted Ginn Jr. Signed with the Niners tonight. So Expect us to go for a WR in the First 3 rounds like we didnt expect that already though. I wouldnt mind Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd Round.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Erin Henderson will be returning.

Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏ @TomPelissero
“@SPORTSTARSNYC: Minnesota Vikings keep @50ErinHenderson. Erin will be the heart and soul of that LB core. Congrats E!!” He's back.
EDIT:
Quote:
Tom Pelissero ‏ @TomPelissero
It's a one-year, $2 million deal for Erin Henderson. Short-term bridge signing that lets #Vikings see if he ascends in 2nd season as starter

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 03-23-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

considering the cuts of hutch and griffin i was expecting the Vikes to make a splash in FA at either the WR/CB/LB or S position. they've made a number of meh signings. they're making it harder to guess where their draft will go... :(

lofton is still out there, right? a solid MLB would be sweet... plus allow us to not have to address the position in the draft.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikesWookie View Post
considering the cuts of hutch and griffin i was expecting the Vikes to make a splash in FA at either the WR/CB/LB or S position. they've made a number of meh signings. they're making it harder to guess where their draft will go... :(

lofton is still out there, right? a solid MLB would be sweet... plus allow us to not have to address the position in the draft.
I don't see them going after Lofton. With the way the NFL is now, you only need 2 LB for 50-70+% of the snaps depending on who you're playing because you're in the nickel so much, especially if you've got a weak secondary like we do. The team is very content with Greenway and Erin to take those snaps and then will probably use Brinkley + a rookie to fill the base snaps at MLB.

Really I'm not surprised we didn't make a big splash. I thought we would sign one of the second tier guys at WR/DB, but those guys either got paid like the first tier guys(Garcon, Eric Wright), went to contenders(Manningham, Lloyd, Meachem) or stayed with their old team(Colston, Nelson, Rogers, Thomas). That doesn't cover quite everyone in that tier at those positions, but it's hard enough to get guys to come here without overpaying when we're winning, let alone when we're rebuilding like we are. I'd rather stay out of the bidding in FA than overpay guys who don't deserve it. That's bit us in the ass before(Berrian, Madeiu Williams, Ayodele, etc.)

I do have to say that I think Spielman and co. are trying to set up for a big offseason next year, given that you can carry cap room over during the first couple years of the new CBA, and they already elected to receive that extra cap space from Dallas/Washington next year. Probably thinking that we'll add a couple more pieces in the draft this year to show we're on the rise and then we'll be a good draft and a couple FA signings away from getting back in the thick of things, but maybe that's just me.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

early doucet would've been one guy i'd have looked at... i think he might be signed now though.
not sure i'd be feeling set with having greenway and erin taking the nickel snaps. i'd take my chances with lofton... he's a guy coming off his rookie contract as well (something spielman appears to prefer). greenway and lofton signed on long term deals would be the solution at LB for several years.
i do agree that the market was extremely high for this year's crop, but brinkley doesn't strike me as a 3 down LB. considering the upper eschelon backers (lofton/hawthorne) haven't signed yet, a phone call at least would be in order ;)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no chance at lofton now, he signed with the saints.

he doesn't fit the tampa 2 mlb anyways
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikesWookie View Post
early doucet would've been one guy i'd have looked at... i think he might be signed now though.
not sure i'd be feeling set with having greenway and erin taking the nickel snaps. i'd take my chances with lofton... he's a guy coming off his rookie contract as well (something spielman appears to prefer). greenway and lofton signed on long term deals would be the solution at LB for several years.
i do agree that the market was extremely high for this year's crop, but brinkley doesn't strike me as a 3 down LB. considering the upper eschelon backers (lofton/hawthorne) haven't signed yet, a phone call at least would be in order ;)
He is certainly not a 3 down LB, but I believe what the point was we don't need him to be. With the extent of 3/4 WR sets, the amount we stay in our base look will be less and less. With only 2 LB's on the field a large portion of the time, Erin and Greenway can handle the work there, with Brinkley really only playing on running downs.