Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That's extremely offensive to people who get British humor.
Then the insult landed ..
Old 03-16-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Then the insult landed ..
I meant that I get British humor, and she doesn't appeal to that part of me. She just sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right. She's a bad parody of British humor.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's extremely offensive to people who get British humor.
I "get" it, but it still sucks and her parody of it is even worse.

Depending on what they're actually using Nellie for (she's supposed to be an awful character), I think this episode could turn out to be a good one in the grand scheme of things.

I did like that Robert had zero control over anything having to do with her. And I mostly like the Erin-Andy angle still and am glad they wrapped it up. I laughed at the toothbrush bit.

Last edited by nepg : 03-16-2012 at 05:10 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Phillez, if you don't start posting more....I will kick you in the dick. Just right square in the dick, and it will hurt more than a 22 minute nonstop Nellie episode.
Get a Twitter, love. All I do now is talk politics and sports to myself instead of a larger forum.

I re-watched the episode and I don't think it was THAT bad. I sort of liked Nellie in Florida. I even liked how she took Andy's desk right away, but after that; yes it was annoying.

I watched a few new sitcoms and I still think the Office is more superior to them. I mean, some of the Carrell episodes are amazing (and I can re-watch most of the first 4 seasons easily) but a lot of them lately were clunkers.

The writers seemed to have give up on Daryl's character but him and Toby in the episode trying to appease Kevin? I loved it.

Kevin is better in medium dosages. He isn't a main character but he needs more than one line unlike Creed to be funny. Creed is the show.

Andy was good as boss early on but it's a little too much. I like Erin in the Office, I think her personality works well in the group setting but with just Andy; it's ridiculous.

Stanley in FL was amazing. Phylis & Bob Vance need more gross out moments.

Ryan's character has been the breakout one this year.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I've been telling Brodeur to use Twitter for eons and he staunchly refuses.

What a fool!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's probably one of those people that say they will delete their Facebook if they get a Timeline.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
He's probably one of those people that say they will delete their Facebook if they get a Timeline.
I have to actually have a Facebook first.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
I have to actually have a Facebook first.
Well-played.

Also, I agree with bhaarat; the Robert California "sex" metaphor bit was great.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I cried laughing the first time I saw this.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Uh oh:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...ing-the-office
Old 03-22-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp...that's the end.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

IF they don't give it a 9th season, they sure as **** better do a couple episodes to wrap it up. NBC could make a huge deal out of it, they could bring back Carell (maybe for Michael's wedding), and then be done with it.

Since the remaining episodes of this season are already written and filmed, there's no chance they'll just end it without giving it proper closure.

The show will get at least a partial 9th season, IMO. I think they'll have a crossover episode where they all visit Dwight's farm before the spinoff begins.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ro-roh

NO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! No Toby, and he is going to the we all know will fail spin off...

And oh yeah, Catherine Tate needs to go away, I so agree with my lover Xio, Tate is freeking awful.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
IF they don't give it a 9th season, they sure as **** better do a couple episodes to wrap it up. NBC could make a huge deal out of it, they could bring back Carell (maybe for Michael's wedding), and then be done with it.

Since the remaining episodes of this season are already written and filmed, there's no chance they'll just end it without giving it proper closure.

The show will get at least a partial 9th season, IMO. I think they'll have a crossover episode where they all visit Dwight's farm before the spinoff begins.
Well, yeah. They're doing the 9th Season, but The Farm is going to kill the show and then fail on its own -- miserably.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe they are really going to do The Farm.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly... As a lover of this show. I can honestly say that its dying. I would rather have them do one solid final season and go out on a high note.

As for the Farm... I am intrigued Dwight is one of my favorite characters on the show and I would be all for a Dwight centered show as long as its done right.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Well, yeah. They're doing the 9th Season, but The Farm is going to kill the show and then fail on its own -- miserably.
There's still a lot of time for them to rethink the entire concept. Remember, Parks and Rec was originally supposed to be a spinoff of The Office with Rashida Jones playing Karen still.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Scrubs when they went out on a high note....till the spin off that we shall never speak of.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Going out on a high note is overrated for this type of show.

It's a bigger deal for dramas, in my opinion, where final episodes have a way of diminishing the prime of a show.

That'll never be the case for The Office. The early comedy is self-contained.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you rather it just sully its self as it continues to flounder?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Would you rather it just sully its self as it continues to flounder?
Do I need to start back up with my rant from a couple weeks ago?

People can just stop watching if they don't like what they see.

I'd rather have 1 out of 3 episodes be good than 0 out of 0 because they quit making the show.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I'm still enjoying the show quite a bit.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I also still have hope for a better Season 9. No Robert California and a return to more mundane plots like the show used to have in its prime would be a major start.