Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Whos Best???
Cadallic Williams 29 25.89%
Ronnie Brown 68 60.71%
Brandon Jacobs 15 13.39%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Both have proved to be better than Jacobs. Jacobs is good for 10 carries a gayme. But once people actually hit him, which for me wouldnt be a problem, he will quickly lose that *** ******, 5th grade 190 lber style of running. It hasnt worked ever for anyone. Esp. Brandon Stokley i mean Jacobs.
Oh really? They've proved to be better than Jacobs? What have you actually seen Jacobs do?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0K79UadKh4
I'm pretty sure people were actually hitting him there and he still kept running over them. I'm not sure what that whole sentence was supposed to be mean. Stokely? Was that some sort of witty joke or are you just straight up ********?

And don't tell me there hasn't been a good RB that was known for his bruising running style...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcrYwErP_nw

Dude weighs 270 and ran a 4.5 40. He's a beast, and he's been working with Tiki's trainer lately, the same trainer that Tiki started using when he broke out and kept Tiki healthy.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way that Jacobs is even close to the two, caddy and ronnie are two very different backs, in that caddy is more of a homerun threat/ gamechanger, while ronnie is a more between the tackles guy, who is a better blocker and reciever, but i am a bucs fan so i will go with caddy, especcially considering he was a big part in getting hte bucs to the playoffs, two years ago
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wonder if all the Ronnie Brown votes are because he was drafted first....

My issue with Ronnie is he lacks great vision. For all his ability, he could be better.
He really does. That's one thing Ricky did so well, even when he came back after retirement, he was so good as seeing the cutback lane. It also help that we ran the counter trey which Ricky was ridiculous at. I really hope Cameron can get all of Brown's potential unlocked, maybe with an actual FB and a real OC he might be able to break out.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He really does. That's one thing Ricky did so well, even when he came back after retirement, he was so good as seeing the cutback lane. It also help that we ran the counter trey which Ricky was ridiculous at. I really hope Cameron can get all of Brown's potential unlocked, maybe with an actual FB and a real OC he might be able to break out.
Any time you have a RB with average vision, they usually do MUCH better with a good FB in front of them. Ronnie's numbers will go up with more Iform sets.

Cameron likes using the Iform. He'll get the most out of Ronnie.

But he NEEDS better blocking up front. So who knows. Miami's draft will be key.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The right side and center are good, left side is ehh right now, LG could be good, LT is iffy (please trade up for Joe Thomas), so he could have a decent year. Behind the right side last year he averaged like over 5 and on the left it was around 3.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The right side and center are good, left side is ehh right now, LG could be good, LT is iffy (please trade up for Joe Thomas), so he could have a decent year. Behind the right side last year he averaged like over 5 and on the left it was around 3.
How's the pass protection?

Im trying to figure out what Miami needs and what not. I'll frequent the Miami team thread tomorrow to get a better idea and have some good discussion.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:18 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Jacobs is nothing but a substandard back that has scored some TD's and good yards against reject players in the pre season. If you need 1 yard, he'll get you 1 yard. If you need 10 yards, he'll get you 1 yard. He's proved nothing and the Giants running game is in some trouble this year.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:05 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

none of them seems to be a fulltime starter. all need another guy to be successfull . when they came out they were talks about on of the best vintages for RBs . now , a few years later i look back and have to say : disappointment.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

I see Giants Rutgers fan has been wearing the homer glasses again.

Jacobs has alot more to prove than either of the other two. He has never been a starter in this league.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacobs running style will be favorable for the 6-12 rushes a game. If he can sustain that style, effectively miss taking on the big hit, because more often than not he wastes energy and doesn't deliver the hit as is seen in the two youtube videos someone posted. If he was taught to run a little lower, leverage going more forward, and too miss some hits, then he could be a highly effective full load carrying back. But he has yet to do that.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really amazed that we were able to get 3 pages of posts about which second or third tier RB is best. None of these guys is an elite RB in the NFL. Because of their various issues (injuries, skill set, unproven) and the fact that none of them has an elite OLine in from of him, that is not likely to change.

If I was starting a franchise and had to pick one of them, I'd probably have to go with Cadillac. Despite his injury issues, he held up to a 400 carry season 2 years ago, and he had decent production behind an obviously poor OLine. A close second is Ronnie Brown, who has more versatility, but hasn't shown anything as a full time runner. Third is Jacobs, who has plenty of talent, but has been held back by the presence of all-pro Tiki Barber. I think we'll know a lot more about this question in January. Right now, it's a bit of a joke...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Jacobs is nothing but a substandard back that has scored some TD's and good yards against reject players in the pre season. If you need 1 yard, he'll get you 1 yard. If you need 10 yards, he'll get you 1 yard. He's proved nothing and the Giants running game is in some trouble this year.
Don't make the same mistake D-Unit made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

carnell williams
ronnie brown

brandon jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
that must be why he averaged four and a half ypc last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ronnie Brown, IMo I think he'll have the better career down the road.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I voted for Cadillac. I think he will turn it around this year.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, everyone please vote for the best of the third tier RB's in the NFL. This vote is critical...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-10-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wonder if all the Ronnie Brown votes are because he was drafted first....

My issue with Ronnie is he lacks great vision. For all his ability, he could be better.
That's a thing that turned me off to Ronnie when he was coming out, too. If you watched Brown and Williams play while they were at Auburn, there was absolutely no comparison as to who had the better natural running ability. The way that Cadillac was able to pick his way through traffic is incredibly fun to watch.

Brown is more of a jack-of-all-trades player. He does a little bit of everything well, but he's not amazing in any one area.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
If I was starting a franchise and had to pick one of them, I'd probably have to go with Cadillac. Despite his injury issues, he held up to a 400 carry season 2 years ago, and he had decent production behind an obviously poor OLine. A close second is Ronnie Brown, who has more versatility, but hasn't shown anything as a full time runner. Third is Jacobs, who has plenty of talent, but has been held back by the presence of all-pro Tiki Barber. I think we'll know a lot more about this question in January. Right now, it's a bit of a joke...
Cadillac Williams had 290 rushing attempts in 2005, which combined with 20 receptions made 310 touches. Your numbers are significantly wrong.

(gg to NFL.com for listing him as Cadillac Williams.)
Old 04-10-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Thanks for updating me. Regardless, he is the only one who has held up as a feature back for a full season.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In college Cadillac was the best of the 3. So far in the pros it looks like Brown.

Brandon Jacobs is a punk all he does is talk trash about LSU and the Saints because Saban pulled his schooly when he had to go JUCO and because Saban wanted him to play DE were I still think he would have been better at. Jacobs isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Ronnie Brown.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
that must be why he averaged four and a half ypc last year.

Good for him, he played the skins twice.. He still sucks donkey nuggets...
Old 04-10-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Don't make the same mistake D-Unit made.

What mistake, saying that Brandon Jacobs is nothing more than a goaline back who has proven nothing as a starter? Until he proves something my opinion is the same of him..
Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Brown is the best, why is Jacobs even on the list???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote