Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much did Winston sign for?

AJ Smith better hope he drafts well. Bc the Chiefs are making some good moves, and if the Broncos get Peyton they're in the mix too.

Oakland is pretty much in full blown rebuilding mode so they're out of the picture for this year.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No idea on the money yet, but it was a four year deal. I'm guessing 4 year/$36m? Something around there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Broncos dont get Manning, the AFC West will probably look like this:

Chiefs
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Broncos don't get Manning, it's pretty much a 2 team race btw KC and SD this year.

I'll still give the slight edge to SD in that case bc they'd still be the only team in the division with a qb worth a damn. KC is clearly more talented than SD in pretty much every way, but when 1 team has a franchise qb and the other has Matt Cassell, it's hard for me to commit to KC in that situation.

Especially with 2 of their best players coming off of ACLs
Old 03-17-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If the Broncos don't get Manning, it's pretty much a 2 team race btw KC and SD this year.

I'll still give the slight edge to SD in that case bc they'd still be the only team in the division with a qb worth a damn. KC is clearly more talented than SD in pretty much every way, but when 1 team has a franchise qb and the other has Matt Cassell, it's hard for me to commit to KC in that situation.

Especially with 2 of their best players coming off of ACLs
At least they'll have them. They didnt have them at all last year and they also lost Cassell and Moeaki.

The Chargers didnt get into the playoffs last year and havent improved whereas the Chiefs didnt get into the playoffs but are going to improve a ton next year.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-17-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew I really liked you SuperPacker!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

But the Chargers don't have Greg Manusky as DC this year. That alone makes them a better team this coming year vs last year.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If the Broncos dont get Manning, the AFC West will probably look like this:

Chiefs
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders
I'm fairly confident we could still finish ahead of the Broncos.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I knew I really liked you SuperPacker!
Its too late vid...

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-17-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'm fairly confident we could still finish ahead of the Broncos.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't care about the Quinn signing.Still on my Eric Winston high
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How much did Winston sign for?

AJ Smith better hope he drafts well. Bc the Chiefs are making some good moves, and if the Broncos get Peyton they're in the mix too.

Oakland is pretty much in full blown rebuilding mode so they're out of the picture for this year.
Full blown rebuilding would have been paring the Seymour and Palmer contracts. Huff too. No, this team still thinks it can compete in the West while they clear out the awfulness of some of these contracts.

If Palmer comes into the season in shape, I could see another 8-8 or a surprise 9-7 season. If he comes in fat again, I expect a mediocre year of 7-9.

I still like the Raiders' playmakers on the outside, especially with DHB coming on so strong last year.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're not gonna compete this year for sure, but if the Broncos roll in with Tebow and not Manning as their QB....I'd feel safe saying we'd beat them for 3rd. Which is not really any consolation.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Carson's weight isn't the problem. His arm is. He doesn't have anything left in the tank.

At this point in his career, he's a backup qb. The Raiders can still compete, but I don't see it happening with Palmer at qb.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
We're not gonna compete this year for sure, but if the Broncos roll in with Tebow and not Manning as their QB....I'd feel safe saying we'd beat them for 3rd. Which is not really any consolation.
i dont understand why everyone thinks tebow is suddenly going to start sucking. they won a playoff game with him at QB.

EDIT: sucking is the wrong word, he always sucks, but he winsssszzzzzzz gamessszzzzz!

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-17-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay Mayhew no more Winston. Now get McNeil, Tulloch, Landry, Geoff Schwartz, and Tracy Porter signed.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion, but you are talking about a Broncos team that was lucky to an unreal degree last year. They were outscored by 81 points on the year and had squeaked off so many wins. You don't often hit all 7's on the slot machine two years in a row.

On the other hand, the Raiders dealt with horrible luck (as the Chiefs did as well), losing their starting QB, their top 5 RB, 4 of their top WRs missed considerable time, their D line and secondary were ravaged by injuries and they even had to give Rock Cartwright carries at one point.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Kansas City Chiefs ‏ @kcchiefs
Chiefs have agreed to terms with QB Brady Quinn - more details soon on http://kcchiefs.com #chiefs

I lol'd. If this came before the Winston signing I probably would have raged. Oh well. Quinn can come be QB3 here.
That's what you get for siding with Brody the other day.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

But I also got Winston! I'm his best friend now! Except I'm waiting for Brody to tell me what that picture had to do with anything.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

You sided with Brody?? EEWWWW

Filthy Filthy

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/564245_o.gif

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Carson's weight isn't the problem. His arm is. He doesn't have anything left in the tank.

At this point in his career, he's a backup qb. The Raiders can still compete, but I don't see it happening with Palmer at qb.
You clearly didn't watch much of the Raiders in the 2nd half of the season. Carson Palmer was a good 15 lbs overweight which affected his mobility a great deal. Throwing the ball, Palmer had plenty of zip throughout the year.

He's not an elite QB and he's not borderline either, but I'd rather have him than Matt Cassel or Mark Sanchez.

For 6 or 7 games, he had absolutely no weapons to stretch the field--Moore, Ford, Boss, McFadden and Taiwan Jones were all out and even DHB was injured in that time. Even with that, coming into the season learning a new system and coming in overweight, he put together a line of 172/272 for 2305 with 10 TDs and 10 INTs, good for a 87.0 QB rating in his final 8 games (removing only his first two games coming in cold). Even on the season, his QBR ranks 11th--ahead of Eli, Fitz, Flacco, Newton and Cutler among others.

Palmer's Y/A and Y/Comp both ranked in the top 5 in the league last year--ranking 4th and 2nd respectively.

Palmer is clearly not a backup QB.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals signed Jason Allen could be FS if Nelson decides to go to the Jets.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope people sleep on Oakland, if Dennis Allen can turn our defense around in 1 year like he did in Denver I see us possibly winning the division. I'm a Palmer believer, and can't wait for him to prove you guys wrong with a full off season to get ready and a healthy DMC. We have the talent at WR and a solid oline, with an up to date defensive scheme this team has the potential to make some noise...

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Meh...I'm still not really sold on rusty knob and still think we gave up way too much for him but here's hoping he makes me eat crow too.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's official: The Pats inked a deal with Brandon Lloyd.