Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres the situation: I graduated school this past April, finally landed a decent job in November, and now its time for me to buy a decent car to go with it.
I've narrowed my choices down to 3. Which do you guys think is best? Im really stuck between them, could go any way. If it helps, Im a 22 year old, Im getting my foot in the door in the business world, Ill be driving to and from work and making 3hr road trips about once or twice a month.

2009 Honda Civic Coupe DX-G

Pro-Honda reliability and resale value, nice looking exterior and cool interior, fun to drive, amazing fuel economy
Con-Tad cramped, already has over 70k km's on it (like 40k miles), no special add-ons like heated seats, satellite radio, power seats etc., insurance?!

2010 Ford Fusion, 4 cylinder

Pro-Very respected car(every internet review Ive read has been amazing), smooth ride, practical sedan style but still looks pretty damn nice, only has 35k km (20k miles) on it, comes with a bunch of fun stuff like the heated seats etc.
Con-Not the most exciting car, American car values depreciate faster

2008 Chevrolet Malibu, 4 cylinder

Pro-Price (the other 2 cars were the same price, this comes almost 2k cheaper), very respected car, nice interior, drives well, has some extras built in
Con-Not the most exciting exterior look, has over 70k km's(40k miles) on it, resale value may be the worst of the 3, older than the others, warranty almost up

Last edited by Mr.Regular : 01-18-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably pick the Fusion. Newer, less miles, and you'll probably appreciate the smooth ride on your long trips. Not really the biggest Ford fan but there's something about Malibu's that I don't like.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go with the Civic, just completely better reliability. If you maintenance it regularly, the 40k miles will mean absolutely nothing. You could put another 150k in it before it ever needs any serious work again.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you notice which one shut the noise out the best? Outside noise can be pretty annoying, especially on the highway if you're trying to listen to some music or talk to someone or whatever. Nobody wants to hear every single vehicle around them.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Im getting rid of the Malibu from the equation. If Im going to get that many miles on my vehicle, Id rather go for a Honda.

As for noise, both were very smooth and quiet rides, but the Fusion was noticeably good. I was very surprised at how nice it was. I test drove a Dodge Avenger earlier (the price was right) and that thing was brutal. Engine noise was apparent, among other issues. You're right in that thats a big deal that needs to be looked at.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You know what else you shouldn't underestimate? CUP HOLDERS. You need to have many. And they need to be adjustable.

The only thing I don't like about my car is the cup holder situation. I hate it.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't trust cheap domestic cars for heavy mileage. I'd honestly feel the most comfortable with the Honda.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no cup holders. NONE.

Whoever designed my car deserves a punch in their stupid face.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I have no cup holders. NONE.

Whoever designed my car deserves a punch in their stupid face.
90s Volvo?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
90s Volvo?
90's Pontiac. Apparently people didn't drink anything back then.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Anybody have their windows tinted? Getting mine done on Tuesday. I think I'm going with 18%, I hope it isn't too dark though. Next option was 35%..

Old 03-16-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never had my windows tinted, my car already came with it. I like a heavy tint tough, I guess it would all depend on the type of car you're driving.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Anybody have their windows tinted? Getting mine done on Tuesday. I think I'm going with 18%, I hope it isn't too dark though. Next option was 35%..
Damn man? Where do you live? Here in va. 50% is the legal limit, i still went with 35 but having 18% will be awesome. No one will be able to see you and your car won't get too hot in the summer. You might get pulled over a lot depending on where you live though.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

limo tint baby
Old 03-17-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
limo tint baby
this...ftw

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Damn man? Where do you live? Here in va. 50% is the legal limit, i still went with 35 but having 18% will be awesome. No one will be able to see you and your car won't get too hot in the summer. You might get pulled over a lot depending on where you live though.
Michigan doesn't have a limit. The only thing is that the tint can only be the top 4" on the drivers side window.. but I doubt I'll get pulled over for it.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Michigan doesn't have a limit. The only thing is that the tint can only be the top 4" on the drivers side window.. but I doubt I'll get pulled over for it.
rly?? In Cali you're allowed to go really dark on the back but the front has to be 30 or 35% I believe and only the top 4" from the windshield can be tinted.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
rly?? In Cali you're allowed to go really dark on the back but the front has to be 30 or 35% I believe and only the top 4" from the windshield can be tinted.
http://www.tintlaws.com/

I don't see why every state has to be so different.. Looks like Michigan wins.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, you should be able to get mirror tint and ****. What I do in my own vehicle should be my business until I **** up and get pulled over for driving in a suspicious or unsafe manner.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
Man, you should be able to get mirror tint and ****. What I do in my own vehicle should be my business until I **** up and get pulled over for driving in a suspicious or unsafe manner.
No that's too cool and fun....can't have that now can we??

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* lames. Why do they have to make smoke rides harder than they have to be.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This weekend I bought a Prius C. I am quite pleased.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This weekend I bought a Prius C. I am quite pleased.
Is that legal in Texas?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Is that legal in Texas?
I had to beat up a hippie to keep my residency.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
i just mailed you the rainbow sticker for the back window, i've been saving it for months!
not even the **** in Dallas' gayborhood put those on their cars, njx.