Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 03-16-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i dont see the NE doing it just something that would be crazy to see, Jets, because they need LB to play in there 3-4 scheme Jamaal anderson or Gaines Adams or they might want AP which i doubt but u never know
Old 03-18-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Cards fans new "fantasy offseason-type" game starting up
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=4174

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott's new mock has us taking Thomas in the 1st. Charles Johnson in the 2nd, and Rufus Alexander in the 3rd. I'd rather get Meriweather or Weddle in the 2nd over Johnson, but pretty good first day draft overall.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you this draft ( my mock on another site)

Round 1 - DE Gaines Adams,
Round 2 - S Brandon Meriweather
Round 3 - OT James Martin, OLB Stewart Bradley
Round 4 - HB Kenny Irons,OG Tim Duckworth
Round 5 - DT Turk Mcbride, WR Johnnie Lee higgins
Old 03-22-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
How would you this draft ( my mock on another site)

Round 1 - DE Gaines Adams,
Round 2 - S Brandon Meriweather
Round 3 - OT James Martin, OLB Stewart Bradley
Round 4 - HB Kenny Irons,OG Tim Duckworth
Round 5 - DT Turk Mcbride, WR Johnnie Lee higgins
We just signed Terrence Holt, so we no longer need a FS. Hard to critique the mock if I don't know what's going before us, but our needs are LT-SLB-DE-KR/PR-Blocking TE-HB in that order.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea holt was signed after I picked meriweather. How does Johnnie Lee huggins pick ? I was very torn about the pick, but his ability in the return game was the last factor.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Yea holt was signed after I picked meriweather. How does Johnnie Lee huggins pick ? I was very torn about the pick, but his ability in the return game was the last factor.
That's fine in round five. I wouldn't be surprised if Bryant Johnson is gone next season, and we definitely need a returner.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone see us actually drafting a DB or WR that is a return man i would hate to see B. Johnson go, he is like a number 1 or 2 WR that plays slot, so he might take off,

We still need Depth at DB so any good returnes that are CB this year, or WR i think we lacked a return game last year,
also another RB a power one really for like those short yard plays to help out Edge a change of pace back.

Could the brian Leonard be our like 2nd round pick, if he fall taht far and if we get JT in the first

A DE in the second is also possible liek Almka Franics (sp) i think he is way better then Gaines Adams
Old 03-30-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my bet is that some team is gonna wait til' the 3rd for a receiver and they will be stuck with a low quality one, so we trade em bryant johnson for that pick and some more grab a guy like higgins in the 5th

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:37 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Third round pick for Johnson is pretty good
Old 03-30-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we can get someone to throw in a 6th or so too

Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

SO what are the Cards needs still i think its
Its not in any rank

RB-power back
WR- Slot Speed guy, Fitz and Boldin are good, but they are more like Possesion
DE-Obivious Need
OT-Same thing
C-some depth
DB-with the siging of Holt and Hood i still think a speed guy is need at either position for return abilities and depth
LB-depth if we decide to move Pace back to DE and neither Huff or Blackstock work out
Old 04-04-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Needs in order

LT
WLB
DE
S
CB

imo

Old 04-06-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins signed David Macklin to a 1 year 700,000 deal, I obviously don't expect him to be more than solid depth 4 or 5 on the depth chart, but what can u tell me about him?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Cardinal nation, you guys have had it worse than us over in Cleveland through the years so I feel for ya.

Anyways, if the top 4 goes like this (which seems highly likely as of late), who do you guys think goes to Arizona?:

1-Oakland-Calvin Johnson-WR
2-Detroit-Joe Thomas-LT
3-Cleveland-JaMarcus Russell-QB
4-Tampa Bay-Gaines Adams-RDE

The top players on the board would be Peterson, Quinn, Landry, L.Brown, Okoye, and Anderson. Thoughts?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Either we move down and get L.Brown, take Landry which i doubt will happen but you never know, most logical pick i think would be Anderson who i want over Adams, since adams can only pass rush. Okoye would be a good pick but DT is not a need unless we are planning on using him as a old school type DE which would be nice.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my whole question is hypothetical since Russell is just as likely to go #1 as Johnson (some people say much more likely). Just wondering how the heck the top ten would change if Johnson did get picked first.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

id take AD he is the BPA and edge isnt very young

Old 04-09-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
id take AD he is the BPA and edge isnt very young
Yeah, but you have Edge signed for 3 more years I think for a lot of money. Edge wouldn't be happy with a split-back system because you know he wants to be the premiere back. So, I'm guessing if we draft Peterson, he will sit on the bench until Edge starts sucking or we trade/release him.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

AD would be splitting carries with edge from day 1, with Wisenhunt's plan of running the ball 60% of the time we are gonna need 2 quality backs, Shipp is a short yardage/ Goaline back & Arrington is a waste and should be cut, so thus AD is a need

and ive never heard edge say that he wants all the carries

Old 04-09-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
AD would be splitting carries with edge from day 1, with Wisenhunt's plan of running the ball 60% of the time we are gonna need 2 quality backs, Shipp is a short yardage/ Goaline back & Arrington is a waste and should be cut, so thus AD is a need

and ive never heard edge say that he wants all the carries
So you think Edge would be happy only getting 10-15 carries a game compared to 25-30? And we'd be paying him $7 million a year for that.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

it would be

Edge 20-25
AD 15-20

but that could change depending on how well each one is doing on a certain day\

even if we didn't grab AD i expect Shipp to be getting more carries like 10-15 a game

Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Quote:
it would be

Edge 20-25
AD 15-20

but that could change depending on how well each one is doing on a certain day\

even if we didn't grab AD i expect Shipp to be getting more carries like 10-15 a game
I would want Arrington running the ball before Shipp. I think either one would get 10 carries a game at the most. I want Edge to be our premiere back, and we have 2 quality RB's backing him up. I don't see the need for Peterson right now. If Edge only had a year left on his contract, then I wouldn't mind drafting him. However, I just don't see the need for drafting a RB when we have no need for one.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Why not wait and draft someone in the 4th round like a Chris Henry...great measureables and not a power back that has a lot of mileage on his tires from a ton of carries in College. Learning from a future HOFer, as long as he can regain his formerself from Indy, like Edge he could turn out to be a very talented and explosive #2 back and future replacement for him if Edge doesnt improve with an improved OL or when his contract is over..
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

because Henry did nothing at UofA and i expect he will do nothing in the pros, just a work out warrior

the only reason I want AD is that prospects like him don't come along very often, and even when they do how often are we gonna be in position to grab one

Last edited by fenikz : 04-10-2007 at 04:04 PM.