Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If I'm choosing between Palmer and Smith, I immediately resign my position, take a few swigs of my "executive whiskey" kept in the top desk drawer and then shoot myself with the "executive revolver" also kept in said drawer because I've obviously failed to an incredible degree.
Man, you'd off yourself over a QB who was on a 13-3 team that lost in overtime in the NFC Championship game?

Do they make you use the safety scissors?

Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard anything on Wimbley?
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:03 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Also, to any Bengals fans out there, can you tell me what Anthony Collins brings to the table?
Hasn't seen too much PT here but when he has he's done rather well. I'd like to see what happens with him in a starting role as I think he could be a serviceable at either right or left tackle. Seems to be more of a finesse guy than anything else so LT might be his best fit. Kinda reminds me of Levi Jones in a way without as much polish in his pass pro. He's definitely got some potential though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:03 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If I'm choosing between Palmer and Smith, I immediately resign my position, take a few swigs of my "executive whiskey" kept in the top desk drawer and then shoot myself with the "executive revolver" also kept in said drawer because I've obviously failed to an incredible degree.
Touché... .

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
He's been officially cut. Plenty are expecting SD to go after him.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:15 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Expected to visit the Chiefs in the next couple of days.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith is visiting Miami today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Matt Flynn. I think there's a good chance he ends up back in GB.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Awesome. Just awesome.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Poor Matt Flynn. I think there's a good chance he ends up back in GB.
Left Miami without a contract? That's odd.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Why are the Phins so eager to replace Matt Moore? I thought he had a good year. I really don't see Smith being all that much better if at all.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I exaggerated that, but I still fully believe that Alex Smith is better than Carson Palmer as of this moment.
Me too. He really improved during the playoffs and honestly if you put Carson Palmer on that same team I see way more crucial turnovers at the most important times. He stepped his game up in the playoffs and made some tough throws in clutch situations.

Although I still feel like Alex is likely going to go back to average if he goes to a new team, I feel like he gets overlooked a bit too. He's athletic as hell and makes a bunch of plays with his legs, and if he happens to end back up in SF I'm pretty confident he'll have a much better season then Carson Palmer will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Free agent MLB Curtis Lofton will visit the Saints on Sunday.

Lofton's visit comes one day after the Saints hosted David Hawthorne and Joe Mays. Although the New Orleans Times-Picayune has reported the Saints have "no plans" to release MLB Jonathan Vilma, it's looking increasingly likely his future is not in New Orleans
With Lofton looking for a deal more than Browns MLB Dqwell Jackson, I doubt he gets it from the Saints, and doubt, with 3 million in cap space, they best the Bucs offer. Heck, he might be better off going back to Atlanta.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, the Dolphins, being extremely smart, are not willing to give Flynn, and unproven back up, top dollar. Teams are weary of the Kevin Kolb situation now-a-days, and I think the Alex Smith visiti is just to drive a bargain for Flynn to make it look like he's not their only opition.

Similiar to Smith. He's trying to drive the Niners into caving and NOT losing there QB. Sure they're entertaining Manning, but Manning HAS STATED, he wants to stay in the AFC.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, Alex Smith can go to the Dolphins and Flynn can go to Seattle.. that way Tannehill is safe for my Chiefs!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hey, Alex Smith can go to the Dolphins and Flynn can go to Seattle.. that way Tannehill is safe for my Chiefs!
I hope you're kidding about Tanehill. But I still think he goes to the Dolphins as he carries the clipboard for a few years behind SMith
Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith visiting Miami? They are trying to scare Flynn in to accepting their offer.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Smith visiting Miami? They are trying to scare Flynn in to accepting their offer.
He probably has a similar offer from Seattle as well, so Miami might need to watch how they play there hand.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Smith to Miami, Flynn to Seattle, Manning to Tennesee. San Fransisco?
Old 03-18-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Let the Kaepernick era begin?
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Manning goes to Denver or Tennessee and Smith goes to Miami or Seattle, do the Niners have to take a flyer on Flynn or pick up Josh Johnson as a fill in while Kaepernick soaks things in for another year?

Plan C or D may not work out well in the Bay.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Just found out Rex Grossman is actually Rex Grossman III. RG3.

On another site, a poster said that Washington will have RG3 and RG3-and-out.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Hasselbeck?

I'd puke at the siight of Hass in a Niners jersey, and laugh at all the INTs he'd be throwing to guys in Seahawks jerseys.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_C_DeadPeople View Post
On another site, a poster said that Washington will have RG3 and RG3-and-out.
Pure gold Jerry.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
If Manning goes to Denver or Tennessee and Smith goes to Miami or Seattle, do the Niners have to take a flyer on Flynn or pick up Josh Johnson as a fill in while Kaepernick soaks things in for another year?

Plan C or D may not work out well in the Bay.
Josh Johnson would want nothing more then to play for Harbaugh again. He'd be their best option, and I keep hearing nothing but good things about Kaepernick, that and the fact that Harbaugh is a great QB coach and I feel like he's going to be really good eventually.

But things should all start shaking up here quickly. I think Peyton really wants to get another SB and the Niners provide the best chance. Lets Kaep sit and learn another 3 or so years, and that's a good scenario all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote