Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 03-16-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still firmly on the Floyd bandwagon, but I can actually see him being taken before #10 with how things have gone (Marshall to Chicago) and if Miami signs Flynn, I can see them taking Floyd, or even possibly to Carolina giving Newton another target.

Is it crazy to think Poe might be a great fit for us in the first? I really want Curry in the 2nd even with the Mario signing, so I wouldn't want a DE in the first anyway. Mario talked about playing next to DT's who collapse the pocket so QB's can't step up. Imagine Poe next to Dareus? It's kinda scary to think about, and although I know he'd only be on a rotation, I think Kyle Williams is a bit over-hyped, and foot injuries scare me even if he says he's at 100% now. Just a idea, any thoughts?
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that sounds a little crazy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ridiculous signing Mario is, yes, it will fill the stadium for a few more years but will it really help the team.

50 million guaranteed would have bought us 3 or 4 studs to fill a number of positions of need, instead we throw the money all at one player. Just a ticket sales maneuver.

Teams that sign a stud like Mario are usually in a position where they feel that one player will put them over the top. Are we in that position, I don't think so, not even close.

So what will we be getting for our 50 million dollars??? Obviously, Mario is in it for the money and really doesn't care if the team wins or not, otherwise he signs with a far more serious contender.
Do players like Mario put out for their non contending team, I've never seen it happen, usually they play to just get by till they have to retire and never reach the expectations that their new fans have about them.

The Lions, under Matt Millen, went this route for years, outbidding other teams for top priced FA's and what did he get for his dollar, players who couldn't care less what anybody thought as long as their cheques kept coming in, their effort on the field reflected their attitude, give as little as you can and try to survive physically till you retire.

I think we fans are going to be totally disappointed in Mario, but like I said, the signing will fill the stadium for a couple of more years before most of us get the message.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
What a ridiculous signing Mario is, yes, it will fill the stadium for a few more years but will it really help the team.

50 million guaranteed would have bought us 3 or 4 studs to fill a number of positions of need, instead we throw the money all at one player. Just a ticket sales maneuver.

Teams that sign a stud like Mario are usually in a position where they feel that one player will put them over the top. Are we in that position, I don't think so, not even close.

So what will we be getting for our 50 million dollars??? Obviously, Mario is in it for the money and really doesn't care if the team wins or not, otherwise he signs with a far more serious contender.
Do players like Mario put out for their non contending team, I've never seen it happen, usually they play to just get by till they have to retire and never reach the expectations that their new fans have about them.

The Lions, under Matt Millen, went this route for years, outbidding other teams for top priced FA's and what did he get for his dollar, players who couldn't care less what anybody thought as long as their cheques kept coming in, their effort on the field reflected their attitude, give as little as you can and try to survive physically till you retire.

I think we fans are going to be totally disappointed in Mario, but like I said, the signing will fill the stadium for a couple of more years before most of us get the message.
Meh. You complain that ralph won't spend money and will never get over the hump until he dies and now you're bitching about signing Mario Williams. Stop being a negative nancy and enjoy life. Jesus.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
I'm still firmly on the Floyd bandwagon, but I can actually see him being taken before #10 with how things have gone (Marshall to Chicago) and if Miami signs Flynn, I can see them taking Floyd, or even possibly to Carolina giving Newton another target.

Is it crazy to think Poe might be a great fit for us in the first? I really want Curry in the 2nd even with the Mario signing, so I wouldn't want a DE in the first anyway. Mario talked about playing next to DT's who collapse the pocket so QB's can't step up. Imagine Poe next to Dareus? It's kinda scary to think about, and although I know he'd only be on a rotation, I think Kyle Williams is a bit over-hyped, and foot injuries scare me even if he says he's at 100% now. Just a idea, any thoughts?
This is nuts. Kyle Williams is completely awesome.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
This is nuts. Kyle Williams is completely awesome.
I watch the Bills every week, and Kyle is solid, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he is awesome. I'm not saying we should cut him, i'm just saying Poe might be a interesting option if the board falls a certain way.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I refuse to to believe that you of all people actually think we could have signed 3-4 "studs", unless Dwan Edwards fits your definition. This is completely different from what we've done in free agency for a long time, and I see little reason to criticize it.

*opens beer, high-fives Rob*
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Meh. You complain that ralph won't spend money and will never get over the hump until he dies and now you're bitching about signing Mario Williams. Stop being a negative nancy and enjoy life. Jesus.
However, under the new CBA, Ralph for the first time is forced to spend, I believe something like 108 million, which is the minimum a team can spend according to the new rules.

I also expect that perhaps ticket sales were beginning to dry up since he has made such little effort in the past. I mean, why in the world would Ralph tie up that much money on one player. Did Houston ever even make the playoffs while Mario was playing???

Just answer me this, why would Mario sign with Buffalo if it wasn't all about the money, he has to know we have no shot to be a contender yet he chose to sign here???

Sorry, but I've been a Bills fan since they entered the league through thick and thin and I don't come to the table with rosy glasses. This signing makes no competitive sense, none.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Drink a beer and start enjoying life.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've just stopped reading all of Iamcanadian's posts at this point.

If we don't re-sign Bell I'll concede that I'd rather take Reiff at 10 than Floyd if both are there.

I know a lot of people are all gung-ho about pass rushers and building the best defensive line evarrrrrr!!!!111oneoneone, but I'm still not sure how I feel. On one hand I think Kelsay and Mario are fine as the starters and that they don't need to pick up a DE early in the draft. But then my mind just gets ****** up when I think about it and realize how ******** it is that they said Mario wants to play LDE, because as far as I'm aware he played predominantly at RDE in Houston, and Kelsay's entire career as a DE in a 43 was at LDE because Schobel was the RDE and he never came out of the game. I'd so much rather have Mario at RDE and then use a rotation of Kelsay and Carrington at LDE, but the team is going to bend over backwards for Mario. This is the only reason I'm thinking DE is a legit possibility earlyish in the draft, because if Mario plays LDE, I don't really trust anyone on the team to be successful on the right side with the uncertainty there.

I still really hope that they can re-sign Bell so that LT isn't a need in the draft. It would open up the first 2 rounds to some combination of WR/CB/DE/OLB. My ideal draft would be Floyd in round one and a CB in round two, preferably Stephon Gilmore or Josh Robinson. That way they can just dump both McGee and McKelvin after the season and have enough money to at least re-sign Byrd, Levitre, Moorman and Freddy before they hit free agency. I posted about our free agents in the 2013's Free Agents thread if anyone wants to check out which Bills contracts are up next year as well.

As a side note, being 5 deep at DT with Edwards, Johnson and Troup behind Williams and Dareus seems like a waste of money and a roster spot to me. If at all possible I'd try to trade Troup or Edwards and his contract for like a 6th or 7th to any team that wants or would take one of them outside of the AFC East.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over on the BBMB there's a very well respected poster when it comes to offensive linemen. He truly believes that Cordy Glenn is more than capable of manning the LT position and compares him to Jason Peters. What are your guys' thoughts on Glenn? Would you guys feel comfortable taking him at 10, or is that out of the question?

EDIT: its....its.... beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 03-17-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
Hoping we draft Kuechly. The guy is a stud and will be the next Urlacher. I've never been more confident in a prospects potential than Kuechly's. Nix says he's going BPA, and Kuechly is around top 7-8 on many big boards. I hope and think he'll be the pick.
Yeah, I love the guy but who is going to play LT and protect Fitzpatrick's blindside. Besides that, the NFL is now a pass first league and Kuechly is a run stopper. Tough in today's NFL to draft a MLB in round 1 never mind top 10.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Over on the BBMB there's a very well respected poster when it comes to offensive linemen. He truly believes that Cordy Glenn is more than capable of manning the LT position and compares him to Jason Peters. What are your guys' thoughts on Glenn? Would you guys feel comfortable taking him at 10, or is that out of the question?

I'd say it is out of the question, especially since he is more of a RT prospect or even an OG. Reiff seems the odds on favourite to be our pick although I believe 10 is a bit too high for the value but desperation makes for good bedfellows.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No I don't think he'd be a good fit at lt. Rt I can see.

Kelsay gave up 90 I see
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say it is out of the question, especially since he is more of a RT prospect or even an OG. Reiff seems the odds on favourite to be our pick although I believe 10 is a bit too high for the value but desperation makes for good bedfellows.
What do you guys think about Martin at LT?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 03-17-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you guys think about Martin at LT?
In 1 word...soft.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

So Glenn is a no, Martin is a no. That leaves Reiff? Are you guys comfortable with him?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So Glenn is a no, Martin is a no. That leaves Reiff? Are you guys comfortable with him?
Yea, Rather resign bell and go Floyd that'd be the best option IMO.

Or move down and take Adams is an option.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I love the guy but who is going to play LT and protect Fitzpatrick's blindside. Besides that, the NFL is now a pass first league and Kuechly is a run stopper. Tough in today's NFL to draft a MLB in round 1 never mind top 10.
I think Kuechly solid in coverage and would have the best chance of covering Gronk. He proved he has the speed with his 40 time.

I think the Bills should trade down. If we trade down 8 our so picks, I bet either Kuechly, Floyd, or Martin would be available.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Reiff is the top OT in the draft, so I'd definitely be fine with him at #10 if they don't re-sign Bell.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

What do you guys think of this draft?

1.) Riley Reiff
2.) Trumaine Johnson (want Curry SO bad, but he wont fall this far, IMO)
3.) Brian Quick
4.) Olivier Vernon
4.) Keenan Robinson

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

That'd be a great draft. I'd rather have Josh Robinson as a CB in the second over Johnson. I'll be surprised if Quick is available in the 3rd round though, same thing with Robinson in the 4th.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
That'd be a great draft. I'd rather have Josh Robinson as a CB in the second over Johnson. I'll be surprised if Quick is available in the 3rd round though, same thing with Robinson in the 4th.
Yeah, I'm still trying to get a good handle on where players are being projected. Any reason as to why you'd rather have Robinson in the 2nd, though?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, I'm still trying to get a good handle on where players are being projected. Any reason as to why you'd rather have Robinson in the 2nd, though?
I just like him more for his athleticism.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
In the forum mock I got Robinson in the 5th. I think he'll be there in R4.