Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-18-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSPH View Post
So you think there is an opportunity for us to draft a #3 WR that will come in and do more than Ginn immediately? If so i agree but we need production now not in a couple years
As a receiver yes I don't think it would be hard to find somebody that could contribute more than Ginn. It's not an uncommon thing for a rookie to be useful in his first season. Ozzie said that adding a receiver was one of his top priorities this off-season so I think we could be looking at the position with a high pick.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
FSPH
Rookie

FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
As a receiver yes I don't think it would be hard to find somebody that could contribute more than Ginn. It's not an uncommon thing for a rookie to be useful in his first season. Ozzie said that adding a receiver was one of his top priorities this off-season so I think we could be looking at the position with a high pick.
When did he say that? Do you have a link? I know a lot of people wouldnt be happy with a WR early but depending on who it is and how productive he could be year 1 I wouldn't be against that
FSPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSPH View Post
When did he say that? Do you have a link? I know a lot of people wouldnt be happy with a WR early but depending on who it is and how productive he could be year 1 I wouldn't be against that
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...fseason-needs/

Depending on the board I would be fine with a WR at any point in the draft. Wright would be a nice addition and if you trust Jeffery he could be too. A lot of people like Randle as well.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...fseason-needs/

Depending on the board I would be fine with a WR at any point in the draft. Wright would be a nice addition and if you trust Jeffery he could be too. A lot of people like Randle as well.
I like how the article states in every section that we could look to upgrade those positions in FA, and we haven't done a damn thing except bring back two ******, overpaid old ass linemen and try and extend Flacco, who is bitching about making 8 million dollars next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
FSPH
Rookie

FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FSPH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I like how the article states in every section that we could look to upgrade those positions in FA, and we haven't done a damn thing except bring back two ******, overpaid old ass linemen and try and extend Flacco, who is bitching about making 8 million dollars next year.
You act like we made no attempts at anything. Sometimes things don't work out. We aren't the most open team when it comes to who we are interested in so who knows what we are planning. Hopefully we can pull something off and address some issues. I seems like we haven't been doing anything but it's hard to believe we don't have some kind of plan
FSPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are yalls thoughts on Rex Hadnot? He was released earlier today and could be a very cheap option for a backup G/C in case Birk gets hurt or Reid/FA doesn't take hold on the LG spot.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to bring Ginn in to be a PR/KR. He is good and I hate having a valuable player at KR. The good PR we had was Jim Leonard and it was just because of his hands and consistent quality yards. We haven't had an explosive return man in a while really. I really want him.

Also Ginn in no way is a #3 WR. He couldn't establish himself in SF and they are desperate for WRs. I'm more confident in a 3rd or 4th rounder giving us more as a #3. Give me Reed, Williams, or Doss any day as a WR or even Pitta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
What are yalls thoughts on Rex Hadnot? He was released earlier today and could be a very cheap option for a backup G/C in case Birk gets hurt or Reid/FA doesn't take hold on the LG spot.
He would be a solid pickup as a G/C backup. I'm not sure that Birk will last for every game next season. I hope that someone will become an established LG, but injuries happen and depth is crucial in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 03-19-2012 at 12:31 AM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently 105.7 said the patriots are serious about giving up there first for Webb. If we lose Webb I am all for cutting Reed and even Ray to let them spend their last years at the contender of their choice.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
apparently 105.7 said the patriots are serious about giving up there first for Webb. If we lose Webb I am all for cutting Reed and even Ray to let them spend their last years at the contender of their choice.
At least we'd have another pick to spend on our **** offensive line.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure that we would match the offer unless it is super crazy. Even if we lose Webb, this team would still be a contender. This team isn't falling apart like some of you think it is.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'm sure that we would match the offer unless it is super crazy. Even if we lose Webb, this team would still be a contender. This team isn't falling apart like some of you think it is.
I don't think it's quite as solid as many think it is. We're routinely touted as one of the best rosters in the NFL, but we're old. Quite old, in fact. I expect Jimmy Smith to make strides next season, but I don't know if I'd want him starting. Losing Webb after losing both Grubbs and Johnson would be a huge blow, I'm not sure what would make you think otherwise. It's not like we've had a strong secondary in years past, either.
Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are sitll in the mix now but losing Webb will put us out of it. Though I dont agree we are super old and screwed like APS. Ray,Reed,Boldin are our only impact starters who can be considered old.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I don't think it's quite as solid as many think it is. We're routinely touted as one of the best rosters in the NFL, but we're old. Quite old, in fact. I expect Jimmy Smith to make strides next season, but I don't know if I'd want him starting. Losing Webb after losing both Grubbs and Johnson would be a huge blow, I'm not sure what would make you think otherwise. It's not like we've had a strong secondary in years past, either.
There's what, 3 key contributing players (Lewis, Reed, maybe Boldin) that are old? If you count McKinnie (I don't since he's terrible anyways) and Birk that makes 5. Yeah we're old alright.

Losing Webb would be pretty bad but with Smith and Williams at CB we're still better off than we were a couple of seasons ago. It becomes a need though.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Losing Webb & Grubbs would be a big blow to the team in one offseason, but I wouldn't just release Ray and Reed and tell them to find another contender. Even if the Pats made Webb an offer, I'm pretty sure that we would match it. If not, it sucks and it would hurt a lot to lose him, but it wouldn't completely make or break our team.

I'm hoping that J Smith will step up and be a starter with Webb by the end of next season. They could be a strong pair. We haven't had a strong secondary since Rolle and McAllister.

I'm not sold on the loss of JJ being on the same level of Grubbs or Webb. He was a great locker room personality & he was a great run defender but he had nothing as a pass rusher. It was painful to see him rush and never provide any pressure ever. I think that Kruger/Kindle will step up and fill in that role well and provide a solid pass rush opposite Suggs. I think his presence will be a loss though.

We are old at a couple of key positions for our team. We are going to need to find replacements for Ray, Reed, McKinney, Birk, & Boldin in the next 1-3 years. Granted replacing Ray and Reed is basically impossible. Other than that were at least decent age wise.

We need to see what happens to the LG, DE, and OLB spots that open up. I think that Kruger/Kindle & Arthur Jones/McPhee rotate those two spots.

Quote:
Losing Webb would be pretty bad but with Smith and Williams at CB we're still better off than we were a couple of seasons ago. It becomes a need though.
Remember when we had Frank Walker start a game. eww. Were much better off at CB now days. I remember when WR and DL were also lacking but we did pretty well to restock the talent at those positions recently.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 03-19-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I remember in the 2008 AFC title game Frank was our # ******* 1 and we still somehow kept it competitive @ pittsburgh. Oh how I miss Rexys defenes
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏ @jeffzrebiecsun

#Ravens hosting DE Mark Anderson for a visit today. He had 10 sacks for Patriots last year.
Interesting.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if that means the Ravens are going to a 43. Oh, and you're probably going to feel the same way I feel when Ray and Reed are gone as I am with Hines.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I wonder if that means the Ravens are going to a 43. Oh, and you're probably going to feel the same way I feel when Ray and Reed are gone as I am with Hines.
Its gonna be worse for us because Ray & Reed are HoF players.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-20-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if that means the Ravens are going to a 43.
huh? Why would you make that connection after hearing we're interested in Mark Anderson? He can clearly play in a 34.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Well if Reed and Ray end up being the 5th best player at their position on the team and still are making big starter $ Ill simply say its been real, good luck to ya and agree its time to let them go.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

So the Ravens brought in Corey Graham and re-signed Brendan Ayanbadejo. I like both moves, Graham is probably only going to see the field on special teams but that's alright since the coverage units were awful last season. Ayanbadejo isn't what he used to be as a special teams guy but he's also been a decent nickel LB for us.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jameel McClain also resigned with the Ravens.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jameel McClain also resigned with the Ravens.

smh wanted him soooo bad
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Graham signing, as for Ayanbadejo, I could've cared less where he ended up. He's old and not as effective as he used to be.

I think the Jameel McClain signing had to have gotten done. After losing Redding, Zbi, and Nakamura, it's nice to see we'll have at least 1 starter returning out of all the FA's we had. He was a solid thumper,

- does this mean we won't take/consider Dont'a Hightower?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Bringing back McClain is meh. He's an average player expect in coverage where he's below average. I suppose it's nice to have a bit of continuity at the position though and after Lewis is gone he could still be an average #2 ILB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Love the Graham signing, as for Ayanbadejo, I could've cared less where he ended up. He's old and not as effective as he used to be.

I think the Jameel McClain signing had to have gotten done. After losing Redding, Zbi, and Nakamura, it's nice to see we'll have at least 1 starter returning out of all the FA's we had. He was a solid thumper,

- does this mean we won't take/consider Dont'a Hightower?

The only one of those guys that was a starter was Redding, who was completely average (just like McClain). I think you're missing Johnson and Grubbs in there ;).

I don't think it means the team won't still look at ILBs high. Though if they do decide not to go after Hightower then signing McClain might be a really good move in the end.