Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

All I have to say is "Yay!!!".
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I for one am glad they dropped the hammer about time I'm sick of good guys getting a bad rap over a few bad apples.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think individual players are really suffering significantly because of a few guys. Yes, teammates have to answer questions from the media, but the image of the NFL is suffering slightly. Even in the face of all these problems, the league is a gigantic moneymaker. Every owner is getting money. The indiividual players are not suffering now, but the entire NFL is affected by individual actions and actors. The league is in danger of losing money or its status if these problems continued. That was the point of the conduct policy.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

DonWoods33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No way these will stand. Pac, Henry and the their lawyers will be running down to the NLRB, saying Goodell might want to but he can't enforce things on the union, ex post facto. I wonder if Gene Upshaw gets involved? Pac-Man might have to sue his "union" and the NFL. It will be interesting to see what happens. Its probably going to be moderated like the TO-Eagles issues were a few years ago. They get the max that was allowable at the time of the acts.
DonWoods33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bsaza- i think many bengal players would be suffering because of all the arrests the team had. It isnt the whole team, just a couple of guys, yet the whole team does get looked upon as a "bad" group of guys. I bet Marvin Lewis is happy with the strict policy and happy that Henry didnt get lost for the season
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the commissioner suspended these guys, and they're going to appeal to whom? The commissioner? I'm guessing the actual policy that was put in place was designed to backtrack.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-10-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
bsaza- i think many bengal players would be suffering because of all the arrests the team had. It isnt the whole team, just a couple of guys, yet the whole team does get looked upon as a "bad" group of guys. I bet Marvin Lewis is happy with the strict policy and happy that Henry didnt get lost for the season
Very fair point. I'm interested to see who else on the team gets suspended. While I'm throwing names out there, what about Ray Lewis's involvement with the murder trial from 2000? Does he get suspended when he cut a plea deal?

Old 04-10-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good point about Ray Lewis. i honestly don't know what's gonna happen with him. There are others who had trouble with the law a while ago. And, crazy thought here but, what happens IF Ricky Williams plays in the NFL again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
DonWoods33
Rookie

DonWoods33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
So the commissioner suspended these guys, and they're going to appeal to whom? The commissioner? I'm guessing the actual policy that was put in place was designed to backtrack.
They'll sue Goodell, and the NFL, in Federal Court. I hope Pacman hasn't spent all his bonus this could get expensive, unless the Union steps in, and negoiates something.
DonWoods33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If there is an appeal by the Union, I assume they will pick up the check on it. Pacman has to pay his own legal bills for off the field stuff. When it comes to grievances, the NFLPA will take care of those bills.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Saw it on ESPNews. Great job Goodell.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I don't think individual players are really suffering significantly because of a few guys. Yes, teammates have to answer questions from the media, but the image of the NFL is suffering slightly. Even in the face of all these problems, the league is a gigantic moneymaker. Every owner is getting money. The indiividual players are not suffering now, but the entire NFL is affected by individual actions and actors. The league is in danger of losing money or its status if these problems continued. That was the point of the conduct policy.
I dunno...

I just think that it's hypocritical that we celebrate aggression and violence on the field, and then condemn if off the field. We laud guys who play with a "mean streak" or with a "chip on their shoulder," and criticize players who don't. I don't know how many people here who have played football, but I played since I was eight all the way through high school. It takes a definite "dark" side (I guess you could call it that) to play football, especially once you get to the higher levels.

I was never one of those players, for whatever reason. By the time I got to my senior year of high school, I was so burnt out of football that I no longer had an emotional attachment to playing the game. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that, for some people, an aggressive nature and the like stems directly from the personality. It's not something that some people can turn on and off when they enter or exit a football field. Sometimes, the traits that make someone a great football player (traits that we applaud) are the same ones that get players in trouble off the field.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I dunno...

I just think that it's hypocritical that we celebrate aggression and violence on the field, and then condemn if off the field. We laud guys who play with a "mean streak" or with a "chip on their shoulder," and criticize players who don't. I don't know how many people here who have played football, but I played since I was eight all the way through high school. It takes a definite "dark" side (I guess you could call it that) to play football, especially once you get to the higher levels.

I was never one of those players, for whatever reason. By the time I got to my senior year of high school, I was so burnt out of football that I no longer had an emotional attachment to playing the game. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that, for some people, an aggressive nature and the like stems directly from the personality. It's not something that some people can turn on and off when they enter or exit a football field. Sometimes, the traits that make someone a great football player (traits that we applaud) are the same ones that get players in trouble off the field.
It does take a dark side...I used to use it as a way of gettin out agression from stuff that happened during my childhood/etc. Didn't grow up in the best environment so to speak, so football was a great way of letting some of it out.

But at the same time, Ive never done anything off the field. Im a big believer in self control. You cant blame your environment for stuff that YOU do. I never buy that. I don't want to get too into my personal life but somebody I knew growing up is in jail for life. He always blamed this and that for what he did. I never bought it. I grew up around the same stuff. It never drove me to do something stupid. I think you have to control yourself and be responsible for your actions. It takes a strong mind, but life isn't fair, and not everyone is born with the same oppurtunities. Sometimes it takes a little more to go half as far, but hey, thats life.

Pacman isnt the only NFL player who grew up tough. Look at Warrick Dunn as a 180 of Pacman. He raised all his siblings by himself, and is a model citizen. Grew up around the same environment, no father etc. Pacman and his like need to accept responsibility for their actions.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

We should have drafted Carlos Rogers...
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
We should have drafted Carlos Rogers...
Rogers struggled a little this year actually.

Eh, you shouldve drafted Derrick Johnson
Old 04-10-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rogers struggled a little this year actually.

Eh, you shouldve drafted Derrick Johnson
I was thinking in terms of corners. Had the NFL known that this guy was going to be a complete and total ****ing idiot he wouldn't have been drafted until the third round. This really pisses me off because now the Titans have to think even more about drafting a corner in round one. Maybe they can trade for Samuel some how.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was thinking in terms of corners. Had the NFL known that this guy was going to be a complete and total ****ing idiot he wouldn't have been drafted until the third round. This really pisses me off because now the Titans have to think even more about drafting a corner in round one. Maybe they can trade for Samuel some how.
The signs were there. The Titans just choose to look past them and felt his talent outweighed them. They were wrong.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It does take a dark side...I used to use it as a way of gettin out agression from stuff that happened during my childhood/etc. Didn't grow up in the best environment so to speak, so football was a great way of letting some of it out.

But at the same time, Ive never done anything off the field. Im a big believer in self control. You cant blame your environment for stuff that YOU do. I never buy that. I don't want to get too into my personal life but somebody I knew growing up is in jail for life. He always blamed this and that for what he did. I never bought it. I grew up around the same stuff. It never drove me to do something stupid. I think you have to control yourself and be responsible for your actions. It takes a strong mind, but life isn't fair, and not everyone is born with the same oppurtunities. Sometimes it takes a little more to go half as far, but hey, thats life.

Pacman isnt the only NFL player who grew up tough. Look at Warrick Dunn as a 180 of Pacman. He raised all his siblings by himself, and is a model citizen. Grew up around the same environment, no father etc. Pacman and his like need to accept responsibility for their actions.
I agree with you on issues of self control. I have excellent self control. I do what I want to do and what I need to do, and don't do anything that I do want to do.

I just try to look at things from different perspectives. I've always been a very, very laid back person in just about every aspect of my life. As a result, I was never able to just flip a switch to make me play with a chip on my shoulder during football. I have to assume that there is a flipside - people who have that aggressive mentality and can't just turn it on and off.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Many talented players have character concerns. Some of them rise above and never have a problem, and others repeat the same mistakes. It's true in every major sport.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The signs were there. The Titans just choose to look past them and felt his talent outweighed them. They were wrong.
What were the signs? I can't remember thing anything that was a red flag about him when they drafted him.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

I have no remorse for thugs. If they truely want to play footnball its easy, stay the F**K out of trouble.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What were the signs? I can't remember thing anything that was a red flag about him when they drafted him.
I'll give you some " signs". He was named after a video game character and can bearly speak english.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 04-10-2007 at 02:00 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
He had major character concerns before he even got drafted. It was well documented.

Tennessee rolled the dice, and got snake eyes. It happens.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great message sent by Roger

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'll give you some " signs". He was named after a video game character and can bearly speak enlgish.
Irony for 200.