Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Irony for 200.
I said speak, not type.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
calibill2
Rookie

Location: Santa Barbara, California---Transplanted from Buffalo, NY
calibill2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i do not condone pac man or chris's actions, but goodell rubs me the wrong way
calibill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He had major character concerns before he even got drafted. It was well documented.

Tennessee rolled the dice, and got snake eyes. It happens.
I really didn't start following the draft like a maniac until last year. Could you give me some of this character concerns? I'm interested in what they might be.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I really didn't start following the draft like a maniac until last year. Could you give me some of this character concerns? I'm interested in what they might be.
I cant find any links. I just remember that there was documentation of agression like battery/weapons possession etc. I could be wrong though.

That was around teh time when I started getting into the draft myself, so my knowledge was a little limited at the time.

Im sure someone here can provide the info.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been looking, but I am also unable to find anything. I remember him being suspended at least 1 game at WVU for insubordination. There was some worry that his group of friends from his hometown would be a bad influence on him. I think he had an entourage at West Virginia at age 18...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dick Vermeil said that when the Chiefs interviewed Adam Jones at the combine, as soon as he left, he knew he was a time bomb waiting to go off.

This is exactly what I have been calling for. This guy doesn't belong to be in the NFL. Now if he can make it a year without screwing up, then fine, let him back. Until that happens, he has no business representing the NFL. In no other business would this kind of thuggery be permitted. Roger Goodell is doing a great job of cleaning up the NFL, and not allowing it to become like the NBA.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I agree with you on issues of self control. I have excellent self control. I do what I want to do and what I need to do, and don't do anything that I do want to do.

I just try to look at things from different perspectives. I've always been a very, very laid back person in just about every aspect of my life. As a result, I was never able to just flip a switch to make me play with a chip on my shoulder during football. I have to assume that there is a flipside - people who have that aggressive mentality and can't just turn it on and off.
What happens on the field stays on the field.

I was/am a great player and it has nothing to do with anything in terms of me having a "dark side". I just like to go out there and play. To me at least, its more about being better then the other guy. if I can rip and dip past the OL and have my nose in the play, its one for me. And all day long I would take advantage of it. Same thing with offense. If I could knock a defender on his ass all game long, I am gonna do it, and enjoy it. One time I popped a small HB and he had to be taken off the field in an ambulance. Yea I was happy but cause he was a good player and it gave our team an advantage.

Doesn't mean anything at all. being good at football doesn't indicate any kind of problem or make you a bad guy. that is ridiculous.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

I was/am a great player and it has nothing to do with anything in terms of me having a "dark side". I just like to go out there and play. To me at least, its more about being better then the other guy. if I can rip and dip past the OL and have my nose in the play, its one for me. And all day long I would take advantage of it. Same thing with offense. If I could knock a defender on his ass all game long, I am gonna do it, and enjoy it. One time I popped a small HB and he had to be taken off the field in an ambulance. Yea I was happy but cause he was a good player and it gave our team an advantage.

Doesn't mean anything at all. being good at football doesn't indicate any kind of problem or make you a bad guy. that is ridiculous.
Im gonna go out on a limb and say nobody believes what you just wrote...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-10-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
mrpotamus

For those that said Pacman has never been convicted are dead wrong, to a degree. He has never been convicted by a jury, but he has pled guilty to a number of charges. That is why he is already on probation. He also violated NFL policy by not reporting two arrests. Also, under the "old" policy, the Commissioner still had the right to determine suspensions under the player conduct policy. The only difference is that Tagliabue did not enforce the rules strictly. Also, I have not heard that the NFL has actually changed any rules. This is not a new policy, just a new commissioner who is committed to enforcing the rules.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im gonna go out on a limb and say nobody believes what you just wrote...
I've just learned to skip over the posts he makes and move on to the next one...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I feel they went overboard with the suspensions for a variety of reasons:
1) Pac-Man hasn't been convicted of anything
2) They are suspending them after-the-fact, there was no policy in place where they would have known they would face 1 year suspensions for getting in trouble off the field. A lot of other players have gotten into lots of trouble and not faced suspensions, these 2 were just the guys who got made examples of.
3) I just feel the suspensions are a little bit long considering the above. If it woulda been 4 games each or something I woulda said thumbs up, but this seems a little extreme, its the first time he gets suspended and its 4 games. And I dont know that this will be good for Pac-Man, it could be a lot harder to stay out of trouble without football. As this was his first suspension, Id be in favor of 4 games so he could get the feeling for what its like to get that suspension and see if he makes changes and then give him the yearlong if he gets in more trouble....

But on the plus side, I can see how the player conduct is a huge problem right now in the NFL and Goodell has shown he is going to take a hard line with it and hopefully players will take it seriously and stay out of trouble.

However, this could really backfire if players dont change their lifestyles. Goodell will be forced into a corner to stay true to his word and continue to take a hard line, doling out suspension after suspension until it gets really ugly.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good move to send a message to the rest of the nfl. the suspensions might be a little excessive but it really gives the commissioner some teeth. players will (hopefully) think twice now

also yah no Henry for the ravens week 1 game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotamus View Post
For those that said Pacman has never been convicted are dead wrong, to a degree. He has never been convicted by a jury, but he has pled guilty to a number of charges. That is why he is already on probation. He also violated NFL policy by not reporting two arrests. Also, under the "old" policy, the Commissioner still had the right to determine suspensions under the player conduct policy. The only difference is that Tagliabue did not enforce the rules strictly. Also, I have not heard that the NFL has actually changed any rules. This is not a new policy, just a new commissioner who is committed to enforcing the rules.
You can plead guilty to a charge and not actually be charged with it, this is actually quite common in the legal system.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
mrpotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
You can plead guilty to a charge and not actually be charged with it, this is actually quite common in the legal system.
Huh??? You obviously no nothing of the legal system. You would not plead guilty if you are not charged with a crime. Pleading guilty and being convicted by a jury are the same thing.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huh??? You obviously no nothing of the legal system. You would not plead guilty if you are not charged with a crime. Pleading guilty and being convicted by a jury are the same thing.
Or in the case of Pac Man Jones I'm guessing maybe he pleaded guilty to a lesser crime to avoid things being dragged out.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There is something in the legal system called a "plea bargain". Sometimes people will plead guilty in order to avoid a longer sentence, maybe even the death penalty. Perhaps you've heard of it?

For lessor felonies, people can choose to plead "no contest", meaning they do not contest the charges. It is essentially a guilty plea, and they will serve some sort of sentence.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I always thought to plead guilt you had to be in a court. I always thought you had to be charged with something to be in front of a court entering a plea.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
LOL, how are you gonna tell me that when I have personally pleaded guilty in court to a crime that I am not actually being charged with? It is a common deal they cut for minor crimes and misdemeanors, especially when they are drug and alcohol charges. In cases like these, the guilty or no contest plea is nothing but a formality. Its quite common.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared View Post
I always thought to plead guilt you had to be in a court. I always thought you had to be charged with something to be in front of a court entering a plea.
true, but theres a big difference between getting charged with a crime and getting convicted of one.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL, how are you gonna tell me that when I have personally pleaded guilty in court to a crime that I am not actually being charged with? It is a common deal they cut for minor crimes and misdemeanors, especially when they are drug and alcohol charges. In cases like these, the guilty or no contest plea is nothing but a formality. Its quite common.
Yes but by pleading guilty of a lesser crime you are then being convicted of that lesser crime. No need for a jury because you yourself are admitting it.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see are best player suspended for a season, but it might make him change his ways, which i'll will make up for the suspension.....I would rather see him be able to enjoy his time in the NFL even if he plays for another team, than see him throw away his career and life as one of the top CB in the NFL. Herny should have alos been given ATLEAST a 10 game suspension also. I seen this ? on the first page or so, so does he get another year suspension if he is convicted in Las Vegas???

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
There is something in the legal system called a "plea bargain". Sometimes people will plead guilty in order to avoid a longer sentence, maybe even the death penalty. Perhaps you've heard of it?

For lessor felonies, people can choose to plead "no contest", meaning they do not contest the charges. It is essentially a guilty plea, and they will serve some sort of sentence.
Yeah but plea bargains are generally for more severe crimes, felonies and the such. Pac-Mans charges have been more minor so he likely got cut a deal where he doesnt get convicted of anything as long as he complies with certain conditions.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah but plea bargains are generally for more severe crimes, felonies and the such. Pac-Mans charges have been more minor so he likely got cut a deal where he doesnt get convicted of anything as long as he complies with certain conditions.
And I'm sure by continually getting in trouble he hasn't been complying with those certain conditions. Thats just my guess.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

huge news. big blow 4 tenn

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote