Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
snailplow
Rookie

snailplow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jerry Porter ESPN interview.

I thought he had some interesting things to say about what happened last season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76UrYVrI8O4
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, he's spot on about alot of things - especially on last years offense and how he didn't want to be a part of it. Hindsights 20/20 though.

Very interesting interview, he's saying alot of the things we have been saying...If he really knew the offense wasn't gonna work, I dont really blame him for not wanting to be a part of it.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:52 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah I cant really be mad at him for anything he said in that. It seems like him and Shell just really clashed but he is on board now and while Im still not a big fan of his because he doesnt just get with the program, Shell deserves more blame than he does and it was proven that Shell didnt have a clue. And the fact is Porter can be a playmaker on the field who can go across the middle and be a physical receiver and also go deep and he can really help our offense.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Porter has spent most of his career on the sidelines so far...

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Yeah I cant really be mad at him for anything he said in that. It seems like him and Shell just really clashed but he is on board now and while Im still not a big fan of his because he doesnt just get with the program, Shell deserves more blame than he does and it was proven that Shell didnt have a clue. And the fact is Porter can be a playmaker on the field who can go across the middle and be a physical receiver and also go deep and he can really help our offense.
I don't think Jerry Porter has a clue. You try to help the team if it's bad. Not quit on it.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I saw that interview on ESPN the other day. I'm glad he's back on board and is willing to play. I say we should give him the number one reciver job. I'm just glad we got Shell out of there because we need Porter big time.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I personally wouldn't want a guy on my team who would quit because of a system. I want a guy that will only be motivated to work harder if the system seems flawed. You can't just quit on your teammates because you don't like the coach or system.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerself View Post
I personally wouldn't want a guy on my team who would quit because of a system. I want a guy that will only be motivated to work harder if the system seems flawed. You can't just quit on your teammates because you don't like the coach or system.
You work on an assembly line. You put on a nut, only to have the next guy take off the very nut you put on.

Motivated?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Porter has spent most of his career on the sidelines so far...
You can't even imagine. He is the biggest pre-season faker of injury the league has ever seen. For at least the past 3 years, possibly 4, he has faked a pre-season injury that has magically healed right after being threatened with deactivation for week 1.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
You work on an assembly line. You put on a nut, only to have the next guy take off the very nut you put on.

Motivated?

Are you saying that Porter is the next guy who took off the nut?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Are you saying that Porter is the next guy who took off the nut?
Maybe, just maybe, he's talking about a coaching staff that implemented a scheme that had no chance of being successful.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Maybe, just maybe, he's talking about a coaching staff that implemented a scheme that had no chance of being successful.
Pretty much.

I'm also saying that when an offensive player did show up, and made a big play, the next play would be an interception, fumble, or sack, and they would shoot themselves in the foot and undo everything that had just been done.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
And when you have players like Porter and Jake, a scheme has a much less chance of being successful.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
And when you have players like Porter and Jake, a scheme has a much less chance of being successful.
That's why Moss was on pace to be the best statistical WR in the history of the game, aside from Rice.

Try again.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
snailplow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Last year Shell kept him on the sidelines. Porter had to live with his decision.
The only other time he's not been on the field for an extended period of time was when he got a bad abdominal sports hernia, and couldn't play due to it.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
snailplow
Rookie

Quote:
I don't think Jerry Porter has a clue. You try to help the team if it's bad. Not quit on it.
He didn't really quit b/c of his teammates.The real reason was explained in the video......Maybe you should watch it again.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
That's why Moss was on pace to be the best statistical WR in the history of the game, aside from Rice.

Try again.
Try something called attitude, fangirl. Notice that your crush is still with the Raiders? No one wants to pay much to take the bum.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
snailplow
Rookie

Quote:
Porter was on the team when the Raiders were doing well with Gannon at QB.......Shell and Walsh gave birth to the sh*tty Raiders football last season.
The fact that Porter saw their system as being as flawed as it was says that he knows what works ,and what won't work in today's NFL.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree, I dont like the fact that he quit on the team. But at the same time, it isnt constructive to go on carrying grudges. Hes still on the team, hes a playmaker and we need him and whats important is right now he seems to be on board. But one thing to Porter's credit is it seemed he was ready to play but Shell pretty much refused to play him, so it wasnt all his fault that he didnt contribute. I cant believe Shell started Whitted over him the entire season.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Porter never quit on the team.SHell simply benched him for the whole season.Thats no the same as quiting.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Porter never quit on the team.SHell simply benched him for the whole season.Thats no the same as quiting.

Exactly. He was never in good terms with Shell, but when they decided to play him, he didn't hesitate.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Try something called attitude, fangirl. Notice that your crush is still with the Raiders? No one wants to pay much to take the bum.
Really? So if Moss gets over 1000 yards this season, you're willing to leave this forum and never post again?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jerry Porter doesn't exactly strike me as a guy who, in his very own words, "needs to be an essential part of the offense in order to win."
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Pretty classless to take Tim Browns numbers, imo that number should be retired.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
snailplow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Pretty classless to take Tim Browns numbers, imo that number should be retired.
Timmy B gave him his blessing a long time ago to wear #81.

If we retired Brown's jersey, we'd have to retire all of the other Raiders legend's jerseys as well, and we wouldn't have alot of jersey numbers left for skill position players.