Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Joint First Round Mock

30 Teams available since Luck and RGIII are locks for the first two picks. We have to find a way to pick teams since naturally everyone is going to want the Cowboys ;). Also, I think it should be live draft style to keep it as authentic as possible. Any takers ?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why don't we have a period where we wait for all interested to state so. Then after we know the exact number of guys who wants to do this, then you can hand out the assignments.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds good... Waiting for guys like Manning and Wimbley to sign will also be helpful narrowing down first round needs.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sign me up
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im in.....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in too

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
D-Ware Nightmare
Rookie

D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am in too.
D-Ware Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounds fun. I would like to have a go, except one request. F--- the eagles. I can't pick for them.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
This sounds fun. I would like to have a go, except one request. F--- the eagles. I can't pick for them.
I'd love to pick for them, punter all the way.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to participate...

Can we request a team?
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
PrimeTime
Rookie

PrimeTime hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll take a stab at it.
PrimeTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
I'd love to participate...

Can we request a team?
I'm going to leave the sign up open until Wednesday to make sure everyone gets a chance to participate if they want to. Once we have a final head count the easiest way to dish out picks is the order in which people who responded and than snake the opposite direction for multiples.

Edit: I'm sure there will be people willing to swap teams if you are unhappy.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty easy going, just excited about doing this...Any interest and going two rounds instead of just one?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

I'll take one too.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Last day of sign ups! I decided that everyone will get three picks, we will dip into the second round to even the picks out and cover fringe first round picks. Picks will be in order of who responded to the thread and then snaked back in the opposite order twice. Ill post assignments tomorrow morning and then everyone can get to work.

I'll put the obvious two picks and i'll be on the clock at #3 then, D-unit is free to post..so on and so on. No hard time limit but please dont take days to post your pick. Post your pick and a brief explanation and watch the magic happen.

Hope everyone has fun !
Old 03-20-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Last day of sign ups! I decided that everyone will get three picks, we will dip into the second round to even the picks out and cover fringe first round picks. Picks will be in order of who responded to the thread and then snaked back in the opposite order twice. Ill post assignments tomorrow morning and then everyone can get to work.

I'll put the obvious two picks and i'll be on the clock at #3 then, D-unit is free to post..so on and so on. No hard time limit but please dont take days to post your pick. Post your pick and a brief explanation and watch the magic happen.

Hope everyone has fun !
Sweet! The 3rd pick is gonna go something like...

"With the 3rd pick of the draft the Minnesota Vikings trade their pick to the Dallas Cowboys!"

jk
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Can we post pictures of the player?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
Can we post pictures of the player?
if it tickles your fancy...by all means
Old 03-20-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to join.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I'd like to do it but can't really commit... Unless I could somehow slot my pick between 7PM-7AM EST.

If not, no biggie.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Man, I'd like to do it but can't really commit... Unless I could somehow slot my pick between 7PM-7AM EST.

If not, no biggie.
Can't have a mock draft with out the finisher lol... We have plenty of time, just as long as you dont plan on disappearing for days at at time you good. Im about to post the order now.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Default Mockdraft Order

1) Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck QB, Stanford (autopick)
2)Washington Redshkins- Robert Griffin III QB, Baylor (autopick)
3)Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil OT, USC (Witten4hof 1)
4)Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson RB, Alabama (D-Unit 1)
5)Tampa Bay Bucs- Morris Claiborne CB, LSU(Cowboysbeastmode 1)
6)St Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon WR, OSU(Pocketaces 1)
7)Jacksonville Jags- Quinton Coples DE, UNC(LeRoyisgod 1)
8)Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehil QB, Texas A&M(Trogdor 1)
9)Carolina Panthers- Michael Brockers DT, LSU(D-warenightmare 1)
10)Buffalo Bills- Dontari Poe NT, Memphis(W4HOF1)
11)Kansas City Chiefs- David DeCastro OG, Stanford(UTPATS 1)
12)Seattle Seahawks- Whitney Mercilus DE, Illinois(Leroyisgod 1)
13)Arizona Cardnals- Riley Reiff OT, Iowa(Dallascowboysbeastmode 1)
14) Dallas Cowboys- Fletcher Cox DT,Mississippi St(Crisco710 1)
15) Philadelphia Eagles- Jerel Worthy DT, Michigan St(Thefinisher 1)
16) NY Jets- Melvin Ingram OLB, SC(Thefinisher 2)
17) Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick CB, Alabama(pocketaces)
18) San Diego Chargers- Jonathan Martin OT, Stanford(Trogdor)
19) Chicago Bears- Stephen Gilmore CB, SC(Primetime217)
20) Tennessee Titans- Devon Still DT, Penn St(UTPATS 2)
21) Cincinnati Bengals- Michael Floyd Wr, ND(Heismanherschel 2)
22) Cleveland Browns- Mike Adams OT, OSU(D-warenightmare 2)
23) Detroit Lions- Cordy Glenn OT/OG, Gerorgia(Trogdor)
24) Pittsburgh Steelers Donta Hightower MLB, Alabama(Leroyisgod)
25) Denver Broncos- Luke Kuechly MLB, Boston College(Pocketaces)
26) Houston Texans-Kendall Wright WR, Baylor (Cowboysbeastmode)
27) New England Patriots- Janoris Jenkins CB, North Alabama(D-Unit)
28) Green Bay Packers- Peter Konz C, Wisconsin(Witten4hof)
29) Baltimore Ravens- Courtney Upshaw OLB, Alabama(Witten4hof)
30) San Francisco 49er's- Kevin Zeitler C/G, Wisconsin(D-Unit)
31) New England Patriots- Andre Branch OLB/DE, Clemson(Cowboysbeastmode)
32) NY Giants- Stephen Hill WR, Georgia Tech (Pocketaces 3)
33) St Louis Rams-Zach Brown OLB, UNC (Leroyisgod 3)
34) Indianapolis Colts- Coby Fleener TE, Stanford(Trogdor)
35) Minnesota Vikings- Mark Barron S, Alabama(D-warenightmare)
36) Tampa Bay Bucs-David Wilson RB, VT (Heismanherschel)
37) Cleveland Browns- Alshon Jeffery WR, SC(UTPATS)
38) Jacksonville Jags- Primetime (3)
39) St Louis Rams- Primetime217 (3)
40) Carolina Panthers- Cisco710 (3)
41) Buffalo Bills- Thefinisher(3)

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 03-30-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: updates
Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

With the first pick of the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts Select:

ANDREW LUCK QB, Stanford

With the second pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Washington Red Skins Select:

ROBERT GRIFFIN III, Baylor

The Vikings are on the clock at #3....
Old 03-21-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

With the third pick in the NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select:

Matt Kalil OT, USC- The Vikings will almost certainly field trade offers for teams trying to get ahead of the Browns for either Tannehill or Richardson. In the end offers aren't enough to compare to the value of a franchise left tackle. Kalil has football in his blood and comes from a USC team known for producing a great pedigree of NFL Lineman. Displays a very nice balance of technique, attitude, and athletic ability to combat many different types of opponents.

This move will force to Vikings to shift DeMarcus Love's future to guard for the foreseeable future. Love who was drafted just a year ago as a developmental LT did not play one game for the Vikings in 2011. With Kalil and Loadholt manning the edges, Love and 16 game starter Charlie Johnson may be improvements on the inside, creating a young athletic group to grow with Christian Ponder.