Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder when player suspensions will be announced? or are there none?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they expect to not have Vilma, they were talking to Curtis Lofton already.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Hell, Marv might be a good coach if his boss weren't such a wanker.
Hmmm obvious incompletion? Challenge!
Obvious the opposing RB didnt fumble? Challenge!
Opposing RB clearly fumbles? **** out of challenges!
TE scores what should be tying touchdown, ruled incomplete? **** out of challenges!

Running the ball at a 5.0 ypc clip....time to throw.
Running the ball at a 2.5 ypc clip....better establish the run game.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
That will be goatse time for us Saints fans.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees “speechless,” wants an explanation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-explanation/

Quote:
“I am speechless,” Brees wrote. “Sean Payton is a great man, coach, and mentor. The best there is. I need to hear an explanation for this punishment.”
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFL gave NFLPA the results of the investigation and asked for their recommendation. I'm guessing there's some suspensions, but who knows when they'll be released.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Belicheat and the Cheatriots get fines and one draft pick for cheating three super bowl wins. The Saints have their coach suspended a year two draft picks and the same $500,000 fine. Yeah, Goodell is a great commissioner.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

Pretty sure Goodell gave an explanation when he dished out the punishment. Brees doesn't deserve anything more.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Haha, it does annoy me, but what do u expect him to say about his boy Sean? He is an ass and deserved all that he got.

DON'T **** WITH MY BOY BRETT!
Old 03-21-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Pretty sure Goodell gave an explanation when he dished out the punishment. Brees doesn't deserve anything more.
But he single-handedly saved a city from a Hurricane!!! or something like that

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-21-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFairlane View Post
So Belicheat and the Cheatriots get fines and one draft pick for cheating three super bowl wins. The Saints have their coach suspended a year two draft picks and the same $500,000 fine. Yeah, Goodell is a great commissioner.
Think about it. The two 2nds equate to a 1st in the commissioner's eyes. The fine is the same as well. That shows me that there was equal punishment for what is looked at as cheating or unfair play. What the huge suspensions are for is poor choices from the leadership in that they knew about it and failed to stop it outright.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roger Goodell stands by Saints’ suspensions: “We were lied to”

Quote:
“I don’t think you can be too hard on people that put at risk our players’ health and safety,” Goodell said on NFL Network. “That is a critical issue for us going forward and has been in our past.”

“Clearly, we were lied to,” Goodell said. “We investigated this back in 2010, we were told it was not happening, it continued for another two years until we got credible evidence late in the 2011 season and we were able to identify significant information that verified from multiple sources that this was going on for a three-year period.”

“We have a serious violation of an existing rule that threatens the health and welfare of our players,” Goodell said. “In addition, this went on for three years and it was investigated, we were misled, and there were denials throughout that period. Meanwhile, there continued to be risk to our players and to the integrity of our game. So it calls for a very significant and clear message.”
Old 03-21-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Maybe if Payton and the other make a video like this it will be lifted:

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-21-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFairlane View Post

10 characters

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know i sound stupid but i didnt follow football years ago. how did the patriots cheat?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I understand his shock, but this was a matter in which they had been warned, lied about, and were taking money under the table from Payton's agent.

Gregg Williams is likely going to be banned for life soon. Payton's only argument for a reduced penalty is that "everyone else does it too." The only thing more serious that the NFL could have done (except lengthening the suspensions of those that were suspended) was to force the Saints to forfeit games this year.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
i know i sound stupid but i didnt follow football years ago. how did the patriots cheat?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Na..._controve rsy
Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
They used cameras to tape defensive coaches giving signals to the players (with time of game, down, and distance) from inappropriate places in a stadium during games.

There were some rumors that they were being used during the game, but none of that was ever corroborated.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They used cameras to tape defensive coaches giving signals to the players (with time of game, down, and distance) from inappropriate places in a stadium during games.

There were some rumors that they were being used during the game, but none of that was ever corroborated.
thats not too bad. theres a difference between trying to injure someone and trying to gain an slight advantage.

the saints punishment seems fair to me.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-21-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thats not too bad. theres a difference between trying to injure someone and trying to gain an slight advantage.

the saints punishment seems fair to me.
How can you determine a fair punishment when you weren't around long enough to even know about prior punishments?

If anything, the team as a whole got off pretty easy (draft pick wise, and we got 0 salary cap penalties, which shocks me), and Payton got screwed the hardest.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
How can you determine a fair punishment when you weren't around long enough to even know about prior punishments?

If anything, the team as a whole got off pretty easy (draft pick wise, and we got 0 salary cap penalties, which shocks me), and Payton got screwed the hardest.
i just got told what happened... then i decided the punishment was fair.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warren Sapp said on Twitter that Jeremy Shockey is the whistle blower.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That actually makes a ton of sense.
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
he'll probably be getting a few death threats lol.

RIP themaninblack
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints got off to light to me. Their GM and that Vitt guy should have been suspended for the year too plus their entire 2012 draft ahould have been taken away. Williams should be banned for life, not some bs indefinite suspension which means that he'll be back in a year.

There's a HUGE difference between the Patriots and Saints in regards to what they did. Patriots were trying to cheat which is bad but what the Saints players and coaches were doing are FAR WORSE. You're trying to intentionally injure players, mainly QB's. Come on, these guys are trying to earn a living and on any given play, their career can be over and its this type of thing that could lead to someone getting seriously injured, not being able to rebound from the injury and getting pissed off and quite honestly, just shooting and killing those responsible. This is how stuff like that happens. Its basically a domino affect.

And Brees needs an explanation??? What a ******* moron!!!
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote