Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Was the hit on Pierre Thomas in the playoffs against San Fran illegal? He gave him a concussion and knocked him out. Clean hit, but it becomes illegal what he gets paid a bonus for it.
Not sure if you are joking or not...but the hit in the game against the Saints by Whitner was deemed completely legal.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Let's say Brees comes back and the Saints have a good year under acting head coach Carmichael...maybe they win 12 games. Are Payton's days numbered?
Brees WILL be back - to think otherwise is asinine, he got the exclusive franchise tag and unless he plans to sit out games and lose more money he'll be back. He has tons of leverage now, however.

And, I don't think so.. if anything it'll help Carmichael's HC resume. Benson stated he was fully behind Loomis & Payton - I don't expect that to change anytime soon.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And, I get the punishment and knew it'd be harsh but I don't really see how anyone can justify Sean Payton getting suspended the same length of time that Donte Stallworth did for killing someone.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-21-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would it be asinine to think Brees wont be back when he already stated he wasn't signing the franchise tag, even before this **** hit the fan. What about the situation has gotten better for Brees to suggest that thinking he wont be back would be asinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Why would it be asinine to think Brees wont be back when he already stated he wasn't signing the franchise tag, even before this **** hit the fan. What about the situation has gotten better for Brees to suggest that thinking he wont be back would be asinine.
So, he's going to sit out an entire season and NOT get paid and lose more money process than Sean Payton will? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Brees has all the leverage in the world right now and I am willing to bet that he will be signed to a new mega-deal within the week and he will get all the money he wanted in guarantees and be the highest paid player in the league.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, if punishment is sufficient enough to hurt the Saints significantly on the field this year, the Saints could get a top 10 pick next year.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
So, if punishment is sufficient enough to hurt the Saints significantly on the field this year, the Saints could get a top 10 pick next year.
I really don't know where this is coming from to be honest with you. Our offense is still one of the best in the NFL - however, we could get hammered on the defensive end depending.

I'd expect Vilma to get it the worst but he might get cut whether we sign Curtis Lofton or not... I would also expect Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins to get hit pretty hard. The report says there were 22 or so players.. so, if we are going to win games it might be relying strictly on the offense all season.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he sits out 10 games and comes back I'm pretty sure you can franchise him again. Not that it would be optimal but its possible. Unless the player specifically says he wont sign the tender unless he's not franchised again(like Fat Al the second time he was franchised in Tenn. ) you can franchise him as many times as you want.
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol we still have a good chance to win the division even after all of this. Our offense won't miss a beat the defense will be better if not that Spags will have people in the right spots.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance that offensive players could be suspended if they lied during the investigation? I highly doubt it, and I ask only because Drew Brees seems to be playing dumb.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Is there any chance that offensive players could be suspended if they lied during the investigation? I highly doubt it, and I ask only because Drew Brees seems to be playing dumb.
It was a defensive issue no one in the offense probably knew much.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Lol we still have a good chance to win the division even after all of this. Our offense won't miss a beat the defense will be better if not that Spags will have people in the right spots.
With looming suspensions for our defensive players, I don't know how "better" our defense will be.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
With looming suspensions for our defensive players, I don't know how "better" our defense will be.
Which is why I said if anything the players we have in the game will be in the right spot.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If they lied, then I dont see why not...if they lied of course

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I think it could have been much worse for the Saints franchise. Seems like Payton is sort of falling on the sword for them.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really don't know where this is coming from to be honest with you. Our offense is still one of the best in the NFL - however, we could get hammered on the defensive end depending.

I'd expect Vilma to get it the worst but he might get cut whether we sign Curtis Lofton or not... I would also expect Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins to get hit pretty hard. The report says there were 22 or so players.. so, if we are going to win games it might be relying strictly on the offense all season.
Quote:
Well, if losing a couple members of your coaching staff and a few player suspensions is no big deal and things will just go swimmingly, why is this punishment harsh?
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, if losing a couple members of your coaching staff and a few player suspensions is no big deal and things will just go swimmingly, why is this punishment harsh?
Don't forget about the eight game suspension for the guy who oversees pretty much all of the day-to-day football operations...
Old 03-21-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
It's harsh but it's not as bad as some people think. It'll be tough but not impossible to overcome.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Don't forget about the eight game suspension for the guy who oversees pretty much all of the day-to-day football operations...
Yeah, I'm starting to think the secretary and the guy that mops the floors would bring this team a Lombardi.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I'm starting to think the secretary and the guy that mops the floors would bring this team a Lombardi.
Let's not go all hyperbole into what is being stated in this thread.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Khai Harley aka Loomis' protege

Quote:
Entering his fourth season with the Saints and11th in the NFL, Director of Football Administration Khai Harley’s primary focus is salary cap management. He works in conjunction with the player personnel department, making the club’s player acquisitions fit within the structure of the cap. His duties also include contract negotiations, coordinating different areas of football operations and being involved in the administrative functions of running the club.

Harley has a deep background in NFL salary cap administration, Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) regulations, and the research of player contracts. He arrived in New Orleans in 2008 after serving for five years as the Manager of Labor Operations with the NFL Management Council. He was responsible for ensuring personnel transactions and player contracts submitted by each team complied with the CBA and the NFL’s Constitution & Bylaws while also providing advice to club officials during contract negotiations.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

warren sapp reported that he has heard from sources that Jeremy Shockey was the source that snitched recently. If it is true i think for the sake of his health Shockey retire because players will look to end his career around the league if true. Which is why i hope we never actually hear where this came from because guys will have it out for him.
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

warren sapp reported that he has heard from sources that Jeremy Shockey was the source that snitched recently. If it is true i think for the sake of his health Shockey retire because players will look to end his career around the league if true. Which is why i hope we never actually hear where this came from because guys will have it out for him.
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Quote:
Let's not go all hyperbole into what is being stated in this thread.
You have to admit there is humour in the bipolarish inconsistencies and a jab or two is warranted.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekd0250 View Post
It's also been reported that Warren Sapp was wrong. Also, nobody is going to intentionally injure the whistleblower(s) after Loomis was suspended half a season, Payton was suspended a season, and Williams may very well have been banned/blacklisted.

Whoever he is, he probably isn't still playing. If he is, he's probably "protected" by the NFL.