Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Quick Mock

DT becomes a need if Sims walks in FA. With the Law Firm signing I don't see us grabbing a RB unless the talent starts to fall to a point where they are BPA.

Option 1
1A. Luke Kuechy MLB Boston College
1B. Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
2. Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
3. Cam Johnson DE Virginia
4. Devier Posey WR OSU
5. Derrick Wolfe DT Cincinnati

Option 2
1A. Luke Kuechy MLB Boston College
1B. Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
2. Vinny Curry DE
3. Markelle Martin Safety Oklahoma St.
4. Devier Posey WR OSU
5. Derrick Wolfe DT Cincinnati

Last edited by FootballGod : 03-22-2012 at 11:39 AM.
FootballGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB will still be addressed in the 1st 3 rounds since they are doing a RB by committee and i don't see Scott being the 2nd RB.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put me on record for this because I believe it will truly happen.

1. The Bengals will not draft a WR in the first Round
2. The Bengals will draft 2 WR between rounds 2-5
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Put me on record for this because I believe it will truly happen.

1. The Bengals will not draft a WR in the first Round
2. The Bengals will draft 2 WR between rounds 2-5
You are now on record!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
You are now on record!!!
And so it was written!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it won't happen, but I would smitten as hell if we got Barron and DeCastro in the 1st.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I know it won't happen, but I would smitten as hell if we got Barron and DeCastro in the 1st.
Imagine Barron/Decastro Round 1
Jenkins (since he's falling apparently) round 2
Turbin round 3

NotMyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
Imagine Barron/Decastro Round 1
Jenkins (since he's falling apparently) round 2
Turbin round 3

Screw Jenkins in the 2nd. He is still not worth it. He will be suspended way to many games to worth a pick that high.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-14-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Option 1 is best. I personally think that if Floyd is there, he will be our #1 choice at 17 no matter who else remains. I really do want DeCastro tho myself and hope that he somehow falls to us.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:13 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Screw Jenkins in the 2nd. He is still not worth it. He will be suspended way to many games to worth a pick that high.
but what if he doesn't get suspended? :D
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I think Option 1 is best. I personally think that if Floyd is there, he will be our #1 choice at 17 no matter who else remains. I really do want DeCastro tho myself and hope that he somehow falls to us.
Im starting to believe that Glenn wont fall that far. I see him as the # 2 or #3 Tackle in the draft.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Of the following, which one(s) do you guys think will drop to us at 17:

Floyd
Barron
Decastro
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Half of me thinks that all 3 may be there, while the other half thinks that they'll be gone. I want all 3 of them. If we could somehow get any combination of that at 17 and 21, I would be ecstatic.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
but what if he doesn't get suspended? :D
Yea because he is going to magically stop smoking pot when he gets to the NFL.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post

Floyd
Barron
Decastro
None.

DeCastro- Kansas City, Seattle, Arizona, Dallas, NY Jets
Barron- Dallas, Philadelphia, NY Jets
Floyd- Miami, Carolina, Buffalo, Seattle, Arizona, NY Jets

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-15-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Floyd
Barron
Decastro
The only one I see possibly left is Barron.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
The only one I see possibly left is Barron.
Out of those 3 that is the most likely. I think Luke Kuechly has a good chance of falling to the Bengals now and i would love the pick.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

Quote:
Yea because he is going to magically stop smoking pot when he gets to the NFL.
i magically stopped smoking pot for a way smaller financial incentive than that, so it ain't like it's unheard of.

and agreed that Barron will be the most likely available of those three. not sure if i love the Keuchly pick, but i wouldn't be mad about it.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

Quote:

Floyd
Barron
Decastro
I think Barron is the most likely to be there at 17. WR's always go higher than they should and it is a passing league now. If you take out position and just go on pure talent I think that DeCastro is a top 5 player. I only have the 2 QB's and Richardson as being better than DeCastro on pure talent but due to his position he will fall out of the top 10.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Out of those 3 that is the most likely. I think Luke Kuechly has a good chance of falling to the Bengals now and i would love the pick.
As everyone around here knows I have been very disappointed in Maualuga's play especially towards the end of the season. I would draft Kuechly. I dont think he will be there though.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
i magically stopped smoking pot for a way smaller financial incentive than that, so it ain't like it's unheard of.

and agreed that Barron will be the most likely available of those three. not sure if i love the Keuchly pick, but i wouldn't be mad about it.
Your really underestamating how dumb Jenkins is. If he did not stop smoking pot when he was thrown out of Florida no amount of money will make him stop in the NFL.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

Quote:
Your really underestamating how dumb Jenkins is. If he did not stop smoking pot when he was thrown out of Florida no amount of money will make him stop in the NFL.
Pretty spot on there, i didn't follow the dudes career at all - didn't know about him til after his Florida episodes, but went back and watched the tape.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I cannot see Bengals picking Jenkins. I have done more diligence on Gilmore, he was someone I was not favoring due to him getting fillet by Cam at the SEC Championship in 2010. He claims that he was trying to do much by covering for others during that game. Not sure how true this is? However, In the SEC last year, he covered the best and had a solid year. He is a student of the game and is very coachable, plus he has no issues. If we go CB, rather have him than Jenkins for sure.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

We all ready know how the story of Jenkins career goes. It is looking like a Pac-man or Thurman type of career. You need bodies on the field not potential on the sidelines or out of the league. Jenkins might be the best corner in the draft but I am not touching him in the first two rounds because of the other talent that you will be passing on to take him. I would pull the trigger in the third round. I would even trade up in the third to take him because of the talent difference at that point.