Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Changing your starting mark wouldnt hurt that much if you have a quick pillar draw.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
yeah, i'd keep the same cards, water mark is just to have the water quanta without needing the pillars, assuring me of having enough quanta to use growth every turn on the forest spirit. i'm testing this right now, see if works.
It will likely make that creature better and faster at the expense of a few extra turns before the 10/6 dragons come out to play. My guess is it's a wash, at best. I'm curious to see what you get for results with it.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
It will likely make that creature better and faster at the expense of a few extra turns before the 10/6 dragons come out to play. My guess is it's a wash, at best. I'm curious to see what you get for results with it.
We need to duel soon so I can see how this deck fairs against the one you demolished me with last time.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be pretty even. Speed kills!

I can play a best of 3 over lunch if you'll be around in a half hour or so.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Yeah I should be
Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I'll let you know here when I'm ready to log in.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turns out it only works against a couple of marks. Fire, Aether are just destroying your 1/1 forest spirits as soon as they enter the field.

Water marks are god damn annoying to fight.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Turns out it only works against a couple of marks. Fire, Aether are just destroying your 1/1 forest spirits as soon as they enter the field.

Water marks are god damn annoying to fight.
I didn't even consider that. Sacrifice a little speed for the second color and when he gets wiped out it's just a total waste.

Water does suck - freezing everything and poisoning creatures.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I think I perfected my deck but I just got murdered by a Death/ Pand deck... It makes me want to build that now

:-x
Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About 50% of my games see me finishing with full HP due to the deck I use, really boosting my money big time. I waste the money on new decks though, as I get bored easily and like switching up. It's not the quickest deck in the world, but the added gold for flawless wins easily makes up for it, especially in PVP.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see what you guys are saying about grinding. Got to the 150 point quest easy... but the next quest is to get to 500? Started 14-0, but got tired of beating up level 3 opponents. Tried a level 4 and almost won that one. Had him to 7 hps before he got me. I'm running time with the darkness mark. When I was looking through the cards Ghost of the Past stuck out to me. I knew that it had to have a combo to work with its discard ability. That card is Nightmare. Simple deck strategy. 6 GotPs are my only creatures. I wait for the opponent to get low on cards in hand and Nightmare one of my GotPs. Fill their hands with them and they can't cast them if they're not Time as well. Discard damage. I use the card to place annoying creatures back on the top of their decks (can't remember the name of it) and keep casting Nightmares so they can't draw them back. Usually have 3 GotPs out to end the game at that point.

Probably not the best deck, but I'm having fun with it so far.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

If you play PvP you up your score and money much much faster
Old 03-23-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PVP games are much slower though, if youre impatient like I am, they can get pretty tedious.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I'm on now. You ready?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Lets do it
Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
PVP games are much slower though, if youre impatient like I am, they can get pretty tedious.
This is the big difference. You're not averaging out the time:money the way you can in CPU games.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

offered challenge

Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

For comparison's sake . . .

The same 10 minute window in PVP1 was two games and the only reason that was the case was because the CPU took over the second game when the opponent didn't show or the connection crapped out.

2 games, 1 win and 1 loss for a net of 89 gold and 1 new card.

vs. the same deck hammering away at level 3 CPU from my earlier post, which yielded more cards (spins) and better $$$, though two wins in PVP would have been double the amount won vs CPU. Then again, with the increased chances at winning cards to sell, the money is easier and more consistent vs CPU.

Quote:
I timed a ten minute block of games a few minutes ago while having lunch at work, using the speed build. In ten minutes time I played 7 games, winning 6 of them and earning 124 gold. That figure includes the 5 gold bump you get if the spinner hits two in a row which happened about 5 times, though I didn't count that specifically.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I am working on my death/ pandemonium deck now... It is going to be nasty
Old 03-23-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I practically completed my second deck and ive tested it twice now and have think I came a little
Old 03-23-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Would you like me to smash it with speed?

Old 03-23-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Would you like me to smash it with speed?
Them are fighting words!
Old 03-23-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

offering in 3 . . . 2 . . .

Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Cool deck! Nice win.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Lol its fun but easily beatable if you can kill my cats or vultures.