Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Trevor Mbakwe given another year of eligibility. The Gophers will return almost everyone next year, including their best player who they lost this year. Should be the best Gophers team since Tubby got here.
But will they be able to beat Iowa is the real question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
I know Illinois hasn't been that great he past few years, but they're a big time basketball school. Maybe not Duke/UNC/Kansas, but they're on the closes level that one can possibly be without being one of those 3 schools.
Michigan St., UConn, Syracuse, Kentucky are all easily light years ahead of Illinois, and if you want to factor in history and culture, you could probably throw in UCLA, Indiana, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Ohio St., and probably others I'm missing at their same level at least.

Illinois is a basketball school and a good one at that. But they are not one of the top destinations in the country for a coach. They MIGHT be top 10...barely.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trevor Mbakwe given another year of eligibility. The Gophers will return almost everyone next year, including their best player who they lost this year. Should be the best Gophers team since Tubby got here.

Well it's not a sure thing that he's going to want to come back, if he stays another year he'll be 24 by the time he's ready to play professionally, which isn't really desirable for NBA teams. Especially for guys with serious injury histories.

Last edited by yo123 : 03-23-2012 at 02:00 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Well it's not a sure thing that he's going to want to come back, if he stays another year he'll be 24 by the time he's ready to play professionally, which isn't really desirable for NBA teams. Especially for guys with serious injury histories.
He's coming back.

Quote:
I am certainly excited for the opportunity that the NCAA has given me in a sixth year of eligibility, said Mbakwe. I want to thank my family and all of Gopher Nation for all of the support. It has been a difficult season but I am confident that I will be able to return to the type of player I was before the injury.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It says he's thankful for the opportunity, it doesn't really explicitly say in there that he's coming back to the Gophers, he could be that type of player in the NBA or Europe. He said on his twitter he's not sure what he's going to do yet.

From the little time I could stomach looking around the gopherhole board it sounds like everything is pointing toward him coming back though.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

No Kendall Marshall tonight, big blow for UNC.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mbakwe is 100% coming back. One of my best friends is Rodney Williams' tutor, Rodney told my friend that Mbakwe said he was coming back as long as Rodney didn't go pro (which won't happen)
Old 03-23-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No Kendall Marshall tonight, big blow for UNC.
Not much of a shocker there and they should still be able to beat Ohio.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah, I think it's being a little overblown. Ohio still has no answer against UNC's front line.

Still takes Ohio from having zero chance to having a slight chance if they have a good shooting night.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Mbakwe is 100% coming back. One of my best friends is Rodney Williams' tutor, Rodney told my friend that Mbakwe said he was coming back as long as Rodney didn't go pro (which won't happen)
Yeah, I guess I'm more worried about what's going to go wrong once he does come back than I am about him coming back in the first place.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The look on Stillman White's face during shoot-around was priceless. The kid looks scared beyond belief.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I think I get less impressed by Harrison Barnes every time I watch him play. He can't take people off the dribble and doesn't make his teammates better at all. He's a fringe lottery pick in my opinion.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It says he's thankful for the opportunity, it doesn't really explicitly say in there that he's coming back to the Gophers, he could be that type of player in the NBA or Europe. He said on his twitter he's not sure what he's going to do yet.

From the little time I could stomach looking around the gopherhole board it sounds like everything is pointing toward him coming back though.
Gopherhole is the worst place on earth. I hate about 99% of the posters there. I don't get how so many awful and stupid people could congregate in one place.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Gopherhole is the worst place on earth. I hate about 99% of the posters there. I don't get how so many awful and stupid people could congregate in one place.

It's completely impossible to have an intelligent conversation there. They get butthurt if you say anything remotely negative about the program or any particular player, and are altogether just totally delusional when it comes to anything Gopher related. I gave up years ago. Which sucks because I don't know where else to go.

Also, UNC is in some trouble here.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC better pull this out. I hate seeing bad teams in the Elite 8.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I wouldn't say Ohio is a bad team. This is probably one of the best 3 games of the tournament so far. UNC is obviously better than them with Marshall but I'll always cheer for the upset.

Barnes is like 2 for 30 and you go iso for him on the last play of regulation? Really? Zeller has to touch it there.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't say Ohio is a bad team. This is probably one of the best 3 games of the tournament so far. UNC is obviously better than them with Marshall but I'll always cheer for the upset.

Barnes is like 2 for 30 and you go iso for him on the last play of regulation? Really? Zeller has to touch it there.
I would have went to Zeller. I just have no interest in cinderellas getting past the sweet 16. I hate it.

Last edited by Rob S : 03-23-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

DJ Cooper is a goddamn moron.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DJ Cooper is a goddamn moron.
You can say that again. Totally blew it.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, really bad "what could have been" moment on 3 straight possessions for Indiana there.

Watford missing a front end of 1 and 1.
Pritchard missing a dunk.
Pritchard missing 2 tip-ins.

Kentucky doesn't need any help.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, this game is awesome to watch for a neutral.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good season by Indiana.

Lots of talent coming back and coming in next year. They should be strong.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Good season by Indiana.

Lots of talent coming back and coming in next year. They should be strong.
Cronin is doing a fantastic job of rebuilding that program.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously?

"Alright guys, here's the play run up and throw it across the court to tie the game"
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UK went 35/37 from the line. Wow. That won't be beaten too often. This IU team did a lot. I think this was a huge step and they are ready to take another once this new recruiting class gets in here. Perimeter defense and interior size is a definite need. Can't wait for Yogi to be with Zeller, Oladipo and Watford.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
UK went 35/37 from the line. Wow. That won't be beaten too often. This IU team did a lot. I think this was a huge step and they are ready to take another once this new recruiting class gets in here. Perimeter defense and interior size is a definite need. Can't wait for Yogi to be with Zeller, Oladipo and Watford.
I've heard Watford wants to enter the draft. I hope he doesn't, he isn't ready.

Sig by Primetime21