Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 03-24-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Booo I'm the JHey fan. I need a good shortstop and some steals. Hit me up on here for a trade. Overall, I think the draft went well. I wouldn't have drafted Axford, Upton, or Mauer there, but it could have been worse.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
We're not changing any of the stat categories.

It makes no sense to use walks for pitchers. You don't use a negative counting stat. Otherwise it'd be to your benefit to use less innings to get less walks. And then hits wouldn't be accounted for. WHIP is a good indicator.
Well, you could say the same thing about ERA...

And if you use less innings, then you get screwed in Ks and QS. Hits don't even have to be accounted for. It doesn't matter how many hits you give up if you don't give up runs in the process.

Last edited by Docta : 03-24-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Well, you could say the same thing about ERA...

And if you use less innings, then you get screwed in Ks and QS. Hits don't even have to be accounted for. It doesn't matter how many hits you give up if you don't give up runs in the process.
How does this differ from walks then?

The point of WHIP is that it combines them both. Just using one or the other makes no sense.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
How does this differ from walks then?

The point of WHIP is that it combines them both. Just using one or the other makes no sense.
Walks are at least in the pitcher's control. Hits are 50/50, and can be affected by defense.

WHIP can be flawed, as explained here: http://baseballguys.com/2012/03/19/aba-the-new-whip/

EDIT: And speaking of hits, what about OBP + SLG instead of AVG + OPS?

Last edited by Docta : 03-24-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, we already did the draft. Not only is it impossible to adjust stat categories post-draft, it's also wrong given that people drafted under the established parameters.

It's nice that you appear to like more advanced statistics, but this is fantasy baseball. That's not how it works.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am open to all deals. Sucks I had to miss the draft.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broddy hun, can Hines have Cutch? Pwease.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's basically my only decent outfielder, Sethy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's basically my only decent outfielder, Sethy.
Listen here *****, if I didn't have to work, that sexy, dreaded, black chocolate of a man would be mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you don't want me to start begging.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why didn't you just put him at the top of your rankings?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Why didn't you just put him at the top of your rankings?
I do not have the patience to do that.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Upton is his name, and you know it BRO.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Justin Upton is his name, and you know it BRO.
Prince for Cutch.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, we went with holds as a stat? Really?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Prince for Cutch.
Yes, a gaping hole in the outfield is what I need Seth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Really, we went with holds as a stat? Really?
Best stat ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

For real though, I need pitching pretty fuggin bad. Feel free to offer me trades. I'm open to any. I'm not going into the season with Daniel Hudson as my number 1.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Yes, a gaping hole in the outfield is what I need Seth.

Best stat ever.
I hate you Corey. Fine, I'll give you Tabta for Cutch.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umm. So does anyone want a mediocre starter? I got tons of those.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Give me a reliever.

I got starters bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Booo I'm the JHey fan. I need a good shortstop and some steals. Hit me up on here for a trade. Overall, I think the draft went well. I wouldn't have drafted Axford, Upton, or Mauer there, but it could have been worse.
I got steals bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Walks are at least in the pitcher's control. Hits are 50/50, and can be affected by defense.

WHIP can be flawed, as explained here: http://baseballguys.com/2012/03/19/aba-the-new-whip/

EDIT: And speaking of hits, what about OBP + SLG instead of AVG + OPS?
If this could have been more saber based, believe me, it would have. Not how fantasy works.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I hate you Corey. Fine, I'll give you Tabta for Cutch.
Upton needs to be involved.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Upton needs to be involved.
We aren't friends anymore.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Looking to trade a starter for a hitter.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur, i want Matt Cain.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Looking for steals, and maybe even another SP.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Respond to my trades you *****.